Developer Interview - Hrishikesh - Game Designer

Ty for true story.

I just leave this screen from garena here.
Spoiler
"
HeroMM wrote:
Ty for true story.

I just leave this screen from garena here.
Spoiler

Made me laugh :)
"
Chris wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
fulfill* in the first sentence.

That's the American spelling. We use the New Zealand one.

As stupid Finnish boy I have always thought does American and New Zealand have spelling differences. It seems they actually do!
Thanks for the interview, Hrishi! Glad to hear you made your dream come true. Treat us well with loads of excellent content!

Peace and love,
Bwam
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
TrueDarkend wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
fulfill* in the first sentence.

That's the American spelling. We use the New Zealand one.

Love this...

Americans always think their way is the right one...
Their not great with languages or geography even ;).

You know, if you're going to pick on people, try not to fuck it up.

They're is what you want here, not their.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
TrueDarkend wrote:

Love this...

Americans always think their way is the right one...
Their not great with languages or geography even ;).

You know, if you're going to pick on people, try not to fuck it up.

They're is what you want here, not their.

Yeah I wasn't grammar fascist-ing them to pick on them or be sanctimonious. Personally I'd rather be correct than casual, and I believe companies in their public 'speech' should strive to be as well. This wasn't a situation where I knew there was a spelling difference and posted because I thought 'mine' was 'more right' (like more common color/colour).

FWIW This spelling difference makes little sense when you break down the word fulfil(l). I would argue that 'fulfill' with two l's makes a whole lot more sense, given that in more than a few cases you could substitute 'fill' in for 'fulfill' and your sentence wouldn't lose its meaning. So in that way two 'l's feels much more intuitive.

Is 'fil' identical in meaning to 'fill' in NZ/GB, or do they only use the two 'l' version?
Last edited by innervation on Jul 28, 2016, 6:32:47 PM
Excellent interview! Very inspiring.
"
xSTGx wrote:
Interesting interview.

My $.02: I'd like to see more QoL improvements. This is a part of design. Managing large numbers of stash tabs is a nightmare.

Can confirm this to be true. I had to organize almost 100 non remove only tabs on Standard and ended up just vendoring a lot of op stuff lmao.
well deserved :)
Hrishi, I hope you get a chance to read this. Grats on your success! Best of luck to you, im glad you have the opportunity to work for a great company. Playing with you was always intriguing with the builds you were coming up with. Looking forward to seeing more of you work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info