Do I need to level up Vaal Arc if I just want it for the shock effect?

I'm a Juggernaut, but I use it for the 50% damage boost on uniques.
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2016, 7:53:52 PM
Don't need to level it up, no. Given that it doesn't increase in cost at all when it does though, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want it leveled up.

Also I feel like there's got to be better ways to shock enemies than to devote one's Vaal skill to it.
Yes, and even then it won't be very helpful for shocking uniques in the endgame. Shock duration is dependent on damage dealt, and if the hit deals under 5% of the target's max life it won't shock at all despite that 100% chance. Since you presumably won't have much scaling for Vaal Arc's damage, you'll really struggle to deal that much damage per hit with it against a unique.

I recommend considering Vaal Lightning Trap instead if that's the effect you want. The shocked ground it leaves behind will shock all enemies standing on it unconditionally.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jul 27, 2016, 7:46:41 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
Yes, and even then it won't be very helpful for shocking uniques in the endgame. Shock duration is dependent on damage dealt, and if the hit deals under 5% of the target's max life it won't shock at all despite that 100% chance. Since you presumably won't have much scaling for Vaal Arc's damage, you'll really struggle to deal that much damage per hit with it against a unique.

I recommend considering Vaal Lightning Trap instead if that's the effect you want. The shocked ground it leaves behind will shock all enemies standing on it unconditionally.
I didn't know this. Thanks. I'll use Vaal Lightning Trap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info