Random tiers.

Hello community site my favorite game. I would like to propose an amendment, which according to me will greatly enhance gameplay. I wish the tier map was not assigned to only one map. Please, consider it to this tier was not assigned to only one map. If each map could be on every tier would be a fantastic situation, which would introduce a lot to the game. If this is too much for you, Enter the randomness of the maps with the level from 1 to 12 or 11. For example. Maps with tier 15, still are only at tier 15 (core etc.), but maps with lower Tier, like Mountain Ledge Map (tier 2), can be randomize from Tier 2 to Tier 10.

Let me know what you think about it.

Regards!
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2016, 11:03:45 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
IMHO, Great idea my friend! ;)
I hope that not only the two of us, consider it a great idea, and people will give expression to this. :-)
This has been suggested many times.
if have not been introduced, it is worth to write a few more times
"
kompaniet wrote:
This has been suggested many times.

additionally:

- it already exists with zana dailies
- it would make it impossible to have certain boss kills as a challenge
- it would make it difficult to assign divination card drops to certain map types
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
- it already exists with zana dailies

And it works great!

"
vio wrote:
- it would make it impossible to have certain boss kills as a challenge

How? Look again. Not total randomize. T15 (core for example) still are only T15 map. Only low level tier maps would be higher tier maps.
Actual T1 can be t1+, actual T2, can be T2+, actual t5, can be t5+.

"
vio wrote:
- it would make it difficult to assign divination card drops to certain map types

For me cards should be assign to tiers, not maps. But this is different story.

Sorry for my english, it isn't very well. :P
This is a great implementation idea that would also solve the problem posted in my own topic, where I explain why chris is very very very very very wrong about red maps being more EXP efficient (per hour) than gorge and plateau.

If gorge can be t15, then the monster level penalty will make mathematical sense! (even though most people will still think it is too severe)

"
And it works great!

It works alright because zana map mods have a very specific pool of mods that can be ran, as well as a limited amount of actual maps that are flexible, hell they had to remove village ruin because it was "too difficult"

"
How? Look again. Not total randomize. T15 (core for example) still are only T15 map. Only low level tier maps would be higher tier maps.
Actual T1 can be t1+, actual T2, can be T2+, actual t5, can be t5+

Yes thats the issue, you can't possibly make a tier 15 tropical island challenging as the boss is basically a big ape or any of the easy bosses from lower tiers are basically pushovers.

Spoiler
"
vio wrote:

"
For me cards should be assign to tiers, not maps. But this is different story.

That doesn't fit the theme of divination cards at all. They are assigned to zones like outside or inside, or whatever property has to due with that tileset. If they were assigned to tiers then the encouragement for doing an arsenal map and doing a shipyard is the same, where that isn't currently the case. What about lower maps that have cool div cards.

We have to wait to see what atlas has in store for us, but the mapping system is a very finicky thing too little\too much changes can offset the balance very poorly.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

"
Actual T1 can be t1+, actual T2, can be T2+, actual t5, can be t5+

Yes thats the issue, you can't possibly make a tier 15 tropical island challenging as the boss is basically a big ape or any of the easy bosses from lower tiers are basically pushovers.

Make boss stat scaling quadratic with tiers above the base tier for the map, instead of linear like the monsters.

Then, give boss mods that are always active a certain number of tiers above their base (maybe by +10 tiers they could all have knockback immunity and onslaught, for instance. This would help a lot with the melee-only bosses like tropical island ape).

Boom. done.

Not saying this precise thing would be the best fix, but I'm saying that if you can't imagine possible fixes then you're not trying at all.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 27, 2016, 10:26:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info