Merc Lab advice plz

Hi guys,

So i'm a level 80 COC Trickster minus the volls devotion.
Have 6L Voll's chest
My resistances are capped.
I've got over 7k ES

Is the lab/izaro bugged or am i just a scrub??

I've made 4 attempts over the last day, 1st phase is fine no trouble.
But the second phase I get his health just under half and its like i can't damage him any more, then after awhile(once my flask charges are gone) he just freezes me and bam dead.

4 times exactly the same.

After the first time i made sure my cold res was capped and the last run I used An Avenger's flask of heat and a Experimenters Sapphire flask of heat.

Must be doing something wrong HELP puhleeeze
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2016, 2:10:37 AM
Today's lab is kind of a pain. As far as I know the conduits phase is the only phase out of all possible phases where you can't reliably turn off the mechanic completely (because from what I've noticed, Izaro only checks for death when the conduits rotate, which means no matter how many times you flip them off, Izaro will always proceed to the next phase with at least one conduit).

That said, usually, Merc Izaro is really easy when you're patient enough to turn off all his mechanics. In this case, you should be sure you're hitting a Charge Disruptor in the first phase just before you bring him to escape health. You can see how many Charges he carries over from first phase in the prep room for second phase (should be yellow orbs orbiting an invisible Izaro in the round fenced off area north of the Poem - it is a good thing if you spot no orbs)

Then, in the second phase, hit the Conduits as they activate before attacking Izaro. This will, at least temporarily, limit his elemental buffs.

(Maybe there's some secret to fully turning off the conduits. Relic, perhaps?)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
iirc, I have definitely gone to the next phase with no conduits active. I just press them as they come up.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
adghar wrote:
Today's lab is kind of a pain. As far as I know the conduits phase is the only phase out of all possible phases where you can't reliably turn off the mechanic completely (because from what I've noticed, Izaro only checks for death when the conduits rotate, which means no matter how many times you flip them off, Izaro will always proceed to the next phase with at least one conduit).

Tricky, but if you closely watch Izzy's life pool and time it right it can be done. Conduits are one of the reasons I'm for lowering his life pool to a third and having him regenerate between fights. Segmented life pool is kinda exotic and different but isn't really worth the trouble if it makes things harder for players.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I thought they did that so he could have more resistance to status effects.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
While not invalidating ignite builds like Atziri that has status immunity, right, could be but I guess we won't know for sure unless they come forward and say it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
just clued in that his astonishingly high health pool is why the no
stun. i'm pretty thick.
In both the first and second phases, at a certain point his health stops dropping.

At this point, there's no value in attacking him anymore. Just spend the rest of the battle running away, and eventually he will declare the phase "over" and stop attacking.

There's no bug. But he can't "end" the phase while one of the helper platforms is in the middle of rising. The result is that when he has the type of helper where all 3 come up at once, you can end the phase immediately. But for most of his helpers, you'll DPS him to the stopping point in 2 seconds and then he won't end the phase until 5 seconds later when the second helper comes up (since the first always comes up at the start of the battle).

So yeah, if you notice his health stops dropping, just run. This problem doesn't occur in the 3rd phase, ever.
Thanks for all the advice guys...the stopping attacking worked ;p

go figure...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info