So why no shoulder pads/pauldrons in this game?

That's a good idea, treat pauldrons as jewelry. Far less work required to add them to the game and could be used to hold a couple of gems.

In other news, I remember chris saying something about wishing he could add capes. Plus 1 from me!
chest in POE = chest armor, cloak, pants, pauldrons
saved a lot compared to WoW etc
"
srt746 wrote:
"
body armour does a fine job of filling the pauldron slot

The pauldron would have something that(outside of uniques) only it would do. Boots can have movement speed, gloves can have attack and minion damage, body armour can have up to six sockets etc..

Bluh? What would pauldrons possibly accomplish? In real life, good boots actually can make it easier to run and good gloves actually can make it easier to swing a weapon well. Obviously PoE doesn't have to be realistic, but it has to be _thematic_. Pauldrons sit there and are minor additional defenses for downward swings. If anything, they make it harder to use a weapon effectively, since your range of motion is lowered a bit. I guess "damage reduction in exchange for reduced attack and cast speed" would be interesting, and make it so some people choose to not use them at all....
"
"
srt746 wrote:
"
body armour does a fine job of filling the pauldron slot

The pauldron would have something that(outside of uniques) only it would do. Boots can have movement speed, gloves can have attack and minion damage, body armour can have up to six sockets etc..

Bluh? What would pauldrons possibly accomplish? In real life, good boots actually can make it easier to run and good gloves actually can make it easier to swing a weapon well. Obviously PoE doesn't have to be realistic, but it has to be _thematic_. Pauldrons sit there and are minor additional defenses for downward swings. If anything, they make it harder to use a weapon effectively, since your range of motion is lowered a bit. I guess "damage reduction in exchange for reduced attack and cast speed" would be interesting, and make it so some people choose to not use them at all....
What would belts possibly accomplish? Or jewelry? "It's not realistic" is another way of saying "I don't like your idea"
Now explain how a regular non-magical mace can "realistically" make your magic spells have greater area of effect :P
Anyway, we're just talking, it's not like we are expecting GGG staff to read this.
"
srt746 wrote:
"
What would belts possibly accomplish? Or jewelry? "It's not realistic" is another way of saying "I don't like your idea"
Now explain how a regular non-magical mace can "realistically" make your magic spells have greater area of effect :P
Anyway, we're just talking, it's not like we are expecting GGG staff to read this.

Please practice reading, thanks in advance.
"
"
srt746 wrote:
"

Please practice reading, thanks in advance.
Please answer the question. Thanks in advance.
The game also needs giant cod pieces, as an MTX maybe. Perfect for those who brag/obsess about the size of their DPS or XP/HR epeen...

"
Kickaha wrote:
The game also needs giant cod pieces, as an MTX maybe. Perfect for those who brag/obsess about the size of their DPS or XP/HR epeen...

Tinfoil helmets too.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:

Tinfoil helmets too.

Those would alter ALL your RNG but without telling you if its for the better or worse.
Neat idea :D
"
Kickaha wrote:

Or a graph chart hideout decoration mtx for people who obsess about min/maxing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info