PoE Garena CIS team is leftover

This post is intended to draw attention of GGG developers to Garena CIS Path of Exile team situation (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1705330).

I am just a player that was playing PoE Garena since it was lauched in May 2015. This post is fully my own initiative and it's the way to thank the team, that worked hard and did great job in terms of adapting, advertising and working with community for PoE in CIS region.

It seems like the whole group of people working on PoE in Garena are going to be lefover and some will probably loose their jobs. They definitely don't deserve such outcome after all hard work they did.

I want to appeal for GGG to recruit team members that will be looking for a work as employees for CIS localization segment since Russian login gateways and site is planned to be maintained. Special thanks to community manager "Stronkdota" it seems like he was holding big part of poe.garena site and social network community on his shoulders.

Hopefully GGG will react to the issue and if someone feels like giving thanks to GarenaCIS PoE team, you can leave comment below!
IGN chistor
Last edited by chistor on Jul 26, 2016, 8:29:10 AM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2016, 1:57:49 PM
"
chistor wrote:
This post is intended to draw attention of GGG developers to Garena CIS Path of Exile team situation (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1705330).

I am just a player that was playing PoE Garena since it was lauched in May 2015. This post is fully my own initiative and it's the way to thank the team, that worked hard and did great job in terms of adapting, advertising and working with community for PoE in CIS region.

It seems like the whole group of people working on PoE in Garena are going to be lefover and some will probably loose their jobs. They definitely don't deserve such outcome after all hard work they did.

I want to appeal for GGG to recruit team members that will be looking for a work as employees for CIS localization segment since Russian login gateways and site is planned to be maintained. Special thanks to community manager "Stronkdota" it seems like he was holding big part of poe.garena site and social network community on his shoulders.

Hopefully GGG will react to the issue and if someone feels like giving thanks to GarenaCIS PoE team, you can leave comment below!

For being employed by GGG they need move to New Zealand, and be going for a position that can't be filled from the NZ workforce
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
It's a very unfortunate situation for Stronkdota and team, they did a huge amount of work with the wiki and forums but It's really Garena's responsibility. Perhaps GGG can outsource some of the Russian language development...
"
chistor wrote:

I want to appeal for GGG to recruit team members that will be looking for a work as employees for CIS localization segment since Russian login gateways and site is planned to be maintained.

I really doubt there is any possibilities for them to be recruited by GGG.

But anyway, if somebody of them will read this - good job, guys. Good luck.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
For being employed by GGG they need move to New Zealand, and be going for a position that can't be filled from the NZ workforce

Would be awesome to see confirmation from GGG staff if that's true and there are no other possibilities.
IGN chistor
"
Kellog wrote:
It's a very unfortunate situation for Stronkdota and team, they did a huge amount of work with the wiki and forums but It's really Garena's responsibility. Perhaps GGG can outsource some of the Russian language development...

The problem is that the whole Garena CIS division is closing, not just Path of Exile segment, Garena is totaly leaving CIS region.
IGN chistor
"
chistor wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Would be awesome to see confirmation from GGG staff if that's true and there are no other possibilities.

If i recall correctly, that's simply how business is done in NZ, it has nothing to do with GGG.

There have been some "job-request's" by GGG in the past that outlined the specific conditions to apply. You might be able to find them in the old sections of the "announcement" sub forum if your interested.

I believe lagwin is correct though.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
chistor wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:

The problem is that the whole Garena CIS division is closing, not just Path of Exile segment, Garena is totaly leaving CIS region.

Indeed. I was thinking more about those left behind by Garena, helping with translation issues and generally keeping the Russian language side of things running smoothly. This kind of involvement wouldn't necessarily requite relocation.

Chris also mentioned there would be a Russian Language forum, so they'll probably need someone to manage that. On the South American forum there's Felipe_GGG although I have no idea where he's physically located.
"
Kellog wrote:
"
chistor wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:

Indeed. I was thinking more about those left behind by Garena, helping with translation issues and generally keeping the Russian language side of things running smoothly. This kind of involvement wouldn't necessarily requite relocation.

Neither would being a moderator, but you still need to be in NZ to do that job
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Neither would being a moderator, but you still need to be in NZ to do that job

I don't pretend to understand the inner working at GGG, so I have no idea. Regardless, they'll still need to find a Russian speaking Moderator for the Russian forum.
Last edited by Kellog on Jul 27, 2016, 7:19:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info