Crit Bow Assassin Shadow. Evasion vs energy shield?

Hey guys. The title says it all. Just curious what will be more viable for an crit bow build. Despite how long I've played this game I still consider myself a novice in most things. I'll be using primarily self found items. Any advice would be appreciated.
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2016, 1:11:25 PM
Evasion/life is the more common option, since you can get Acrobatics too.

If self-found, definitely go Evasion or hybrid life/eva/es, because you probably won't find a good ES chest self-found, and also because ES gear is really annoying to roll all the green sockets you need.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Thank you for the response! I probably will go with a hybrid setup and just use a blend of whatever good ranger/shadow/witch gear I come across. I'll dodge acrobatics as well so I can hold onto more ES.
On both my witch and my shadow (both were the first chars in their league, shadow in perandus, witch in prophecy) I went for life/es/eva hybrid, and I took acro anyways because damn is that strong. Rule of thumb: go for whatever you find the best gear for.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Sounds like a plan then! I always make sure to stack life these days. Learned my lesson about scrimping on life nodes the hard way lol.
Probably go with pure evasion, Prophecy offers a lot to help out the evasion/dodge style. Kintsugi covers you well from big hits (and helps a bunch in the lab), and Ascent from Flesh and Hinekora's Sight help rack up the dodge (and accuracy, which is great for crit). Accompanied by the usual acro/PA, Atziri's Step, and a Quartz flask, you can get pretty close to the dodge/spell dodge cap all the time.
"
Shppy wrote:
Probably go with pure evasion, Prophecy offers a lot to help out the evasion/dodge style. Kintsugi covers you well from big hits (and helps a bunch in the lab), and Ascent from Flesh and Hinekora's Sight help rack up the dodge (and accuracy, which is great for crit). Accompanied by the usual acro/PA, Atziri's Step, and a Quartz flask, you can get pretty close to the dodge/spell dodge cap all the time.

Probably not the best advice for a self-found player!

Atziri's step is definitely achieveable (eventually!), and ascent from flesh and Hinekora's sight should eventually become available with the right RNG, but Kintsugi would be a bit of a pipe dream.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 26, 2016, 2:55:05 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Atziri's step is definitely achieveable (eventually!), and ascent from flesh and Hinekora's sight should eventually become available with the right RNG, but Kintsugi would be a bit of a pipe dream.

I had no problem getting Kintsugi and Ascent from Flesh, I've gotten those chains to come up repeatedly. It was actually Hinekora's that I couldn't get to proc for a long time. (And I think I've dropped more Steps than flasks from atziri runs this league, but that's just weird RNG).

Besides, he did say 'primarily' self-found... I wouldn't rule out the possibility of simply trading for a sealed prophecy and doing the work to complete it himself.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 26, 2016, 1:12:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info