''Atlas of worlds'' = The expansion

"
raics wrote:
"
cinder1337 wrote:
I'm saying 1 maybe two things like: A man at the beginning of the map asks you to go find his son, or a scholar who wants to look at some hieroglyphs or something small like that.

Dude.

The place is a wasteland that makes northern Skyrim look like a bustling metropolis, there isn't anyone around to give you quests. If you haven't noticed, three field quests during the main campaign are given to you by ghosts.

Ok, maybe in western forest.

There are oodles of people in the maps, we kill hundreds of them daily in the form of bandits, blackguards, etc. To say there are no sentient beings who might actually need your help rather than have their heads bashed in is ridiculous.
All I'm saying is that the core game has quests, I'm proposing bringing the mapping more in line with the general feel of the core game rather than being the brainless grind that it is now.
i still dont get it

my english sux.
"
cinder1337 wrote:
There are oodles of people in the maps, we kill hundreds of them daily in the form of bandits, blackguards, etc. To say there are no sentient beings who might actually need your help rather than have their heads bashed in is ridiculous.

I think the only living, sentient npc we meet in the field and can't have its head bashed in is Dialla. By game lore, blackguards are handpicked to be so utterly stupid they can't tell left foot from right. Actually, the only blackguard of any importance is there because he let his dick do the thinking for him at some point and then formed a whole, sentient npc with his former captive through some weird form of telepathic connection. Right, the other unaggressive blackguard we meet was barely smart enough to climb a tree after shit hit the fan.

Dunno, it's probably something in the air but wits, sanity and cooking skills seem to be in very short supply in Wraeclast. I just don't think starting to meet senile professors on a morning stroll or lost little girls deep in some bush you can reach only by slotting a weird stone slab in a weirder device would fit the mood of the game.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 26, 2016, 4:48:19 PM
Clarisa gives you a quest in act III... probably plenty of examples like this. Not unprecedented. Doesn't make it a good idea though.
"
cinder1337 wrote:

All I'm saying is that the core game has quests, I'm proposing bringing the mapping more in line with the general feel of the core game rather than being the brainless grind that it is now.

How frequently do you do Forsaken Master missions?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Clarisa gives you a quest in act III... probably plenty of examples like this. Not unprecedented. Doesn't make it a good idea though.

Other NPCs that give you quests in non-town zones? There are a decent number. Masters, Cadiro, Helena, Fairgraves (x2), Siosa, Lady Dialla (x3), Piety (x2).
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
innervation wrote:
The first definition for 'atlas' is "a bound collection of maps". Inserting that into the spoiled banner text Atlas of Worlds, it would mean:

A bound collection of maps of worlds.

Seems redundant unless we're using our maps as runewords to combine 2-4 in the map device to create brand new worlds (collection of maps --> worlds).

did u ever see that thread in the suggestions forum where the guy had a theory on some system revolving around these big stones you could socket multiple maps into? It was interesting, Im not sure he had a 100% solid concept but there was the start of something great in the ideas I felt. Cant for the life of me remember anything that I could search for to find it tho.

I would be cool if you could socket a master map, and then say 3 secondary maps, then when you run it you get a chain of the 3 secondary maps, but they all take the zone level and mods from the master map. The master map is never actually run, its essentially consumed and what u get to play are the 3 other maps.
So apparently according to Chris, "Completely change the endgame" means "Hey look, guys, more maps."

Why does anyone let that guy be the spokesman for this lame duck of a game?

I mean, look, it's not confirmed to be just "moar maps, lulz," but come on...Atlas of Worlds? That is literally another way of saying maps.

Anyways, look forward to running Gorge until the heat death of the universe, because even if this crap does end up being marginally different there's no chance in hell that it will be more rewarding, and it sure as fuck won't be fun. If it is, expect it to be crushed in record time (How's that Uber Lab working out for ya?)
This is a buff™
"
So apparently according to Chris, "Completely change the endgame" means "Hey look, guys, more maps."

Why does anyone let that guy be the spokesman for this lame duck of a game?

I mean, look, it's not confirmed to be just "moar maps, lulz," but come on...Atlas of Worlds? That is literally another way of saying maps.

Anyways, look forward to running Gorge until the heat death of the universe, because even if this crap does end up being marginally different there's no chance in hell that it will be more rewarding, and it sure as fuck won't be fun. If it is, expect it to be crushed in record time (How's that Uber Lab working out for ya?)

Hello Sir.

How about being less of a (insert rude word) when you don't really have any idea of what's going on .

Get some food , tell the bullies in school to stop bullying you and don't take out everything on the people giving you a game .

Maybe switch games if you don't enjoy this one , I mean there are more games produced then you can ever play , just a tip from a friend.

hugs

Khem
"
I believe they knew what they were doing here so it's not exactly a surprise anyway from the news video ~ Pause it at 1:58 :x

https://youtu.be/ajVc-uwdJ0Y?t=118

i am just in shock that people actually play with screen shake..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info