Let's start a storm? (Russians invading PoE!)

^it's a personal opinion, can't really expect everybody to agree with the sentiment Aim.

There are probably people out there that play PoE like once every month who enjoy the longevity standard provides.

Personally i don't think a wipe will happen, or should even be mentioned. The damage to the game would be pretty big.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Wel then make a real standard league. [Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support] So really all the economic problems with these Russains thrown in with us is just more of same. So you should not complain about that either.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 27, 2016, 5:08:41 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

[Removed by Support] So really all the economic problems with these Russains thrown in with us is just more of same. So you should not complain about that either.

The "standard" league that you desire so much already exists, its called temp leagues and they get a full wipe every 3 months. Enjoy.
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 27, 2016, 5:09:08 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I'm no less pissed they allowed Standard to become that way, but on the other hand, that's what it's for and it isn't really a huge issue for newcomers unless they're hard-bitten fans of PvP, in which case they're playing a wrong game. Sure, seeing all those broken items you can't get yourself anymore sucks but you kinda have to train yourself in ignoring stuff like that if you want to be a functional human being, unless you're the Sultan of Brunei of course.

That said, the game needs to have a league that's truly permanent, junk or not, and they also promised to wipe nothing from it so that's a pipe dream anyway.

On the topic, Standard doesn't even have a functional economy most of the time so there's nothing the red menace can mess up.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 27, 2016, 5:09:27 AM
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

The "standard" league that you desire so much already exists, its called temp leagues and they get a full wipe every 3 months. Enjoy.

Ladder has no permanence.
Std has permanence but it's a [Removed by Support] league for HC, ladders and now questionable wealth form foreign server.

Need a real standard league. Permanence. [Removed by Support]

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 27, 2016, 5:10:10 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I'm no less pissed they allowed Standard to become that way, but on the other hand, that's what it's for and it isn't really a huge issue for newcomers unless they're hard-bitten fans of PvP, in which case they're playing a wrong game. Sure, seeing all those broken items you can't get yourself anymore sucks but you kinda have to train yourself in ignoring stuff like that if you want to be a functional human being, unless you're the Sultan of Brunei of course.

That said, the game needs to have a league that's truly permanent, junk or not, and they also promised to wipe nothing from it so that's a pipe dream anyway.

On the topic, Standard doesn't even have a functional economy most of the time so there's nothing the red menace can mess up.

It functions if you have good shit. Problem is your halfway decent shit is about to get worthless. casuals have no hope. 100-200 hours wont help you. Basically they pigeon hole ppl into ladder who dont have time to play ladder. Cant play std cant play ladder. Dont play.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 27, 2016, 5:10:36 AM
"
The only fair and reasonable approach is for GGG to wipe all of standard and have everyone, Garena and POE based players start from scratch.

This is an exercise in empathy. Upon reading this no doubt a number of people became afraid, others became outraged, the usual suspects became righteous, and so on. Consider that Garena players, who have done nothing wrong, are likely feeling the same from some of the suggestions already proposed here.

Yes, some people will have cheated (as they have here). It's not reasonable to penalise the majority for the actions of some.

Honestly, given how long POE has been going for and the vast amount of gear residing in Standard, I expect absolutely zero meaningful impact to standard. Certainly people are fearful of the unknown, but really, I think this is all a storm in a teacup.

"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
The only fair and reasonable approach is for GGG to wipe all of standard and have everyone, Garena and POE based players start from scratch.

It's not reasonable to penalise the majority for the actions of some.

Bit of a contradiction there don't you think?

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Lmao dude just said "wipe everyones shit". Yeah, cause that totally wouldnt make the entire population of standard league instantly stop playing the game and shitting on years of peoples work is clearly fair.

Youre fuckin' high.

I think perhaps you both missed my point. The first sentence is meant to prompt the reaction that both of you presented. I then go on to explain that this was designed to have people empathise with the merging Garena population, where a number of people have called for their stashes to be deleted.

That's why I conclude with the sentence about this not being reasonable, just out of fear that some cheating was undertaken by a portion of the population, or a particular event may have resulted in some form of advantage.

To be crystal clear, nobody should have their stash deleted. It wouldn't be fair and reasonable on anyone.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
raics wrote:

It functions if you have good shit. Problem is your halfway decent shit is about to get worthless. casuals have no hope. 100-200 hours wont help you. Basically they pigeon hole ppl into ladder who dont have time to play ladder. Cant play std cant play ladder. Dont play.

Well, there's the middle ground too. You can play standard and go on shopping trips in temps the way I do, earn some orbs, get some good stuff for cheaps and stash it all in perma to mess around with at a later date. Doesn't really take much effort to scoop out most of the good stuff these days, by the time you get one char to high eighties you will already have most of the things from your shopping list.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 27, 2016, 5:37:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info