Bars wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Normal Atziri once one shot me with flameblast

My char was 91 fire resist and 10k hp with Arctic armour and fortify

From that moment I understood that GGG sucks at making endgame content
She has fire penetration to kill those who think tanking hits is a skill.

I'll believe this when I see it. Are you sure you're not talking about a double flameblast?

It's the double vaal flame blast that has fire pen if i recall correctly.

However, getting critical hit by a skill that is designed to take out characters with a single hit that don't have sufficient counter measure's will suffice to take down somebody not over-stacking max fire resistances for the fight.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Ok, I guess I'm wrong about the fire pen. I never tested it because I don't try to tank flameblasts, Vaal or otherwise.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I was actually referring to Sexcalibur's post, I was just lazy and quoted Mark together with it. I'm not arguing with Mark. About the normal atziri flameblasts, I've eaten quite a few and ~7k hp without overcapped fire res are enough to barely survive. That's why I found Sexcalibure's post so strange.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 26, 2016, 1:22:18 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.twitch.tv/monopolylegend/v/80026872

RIP audio but the death is pretty quick. Had 9k armor before molten shell, and you can see my enduring cry go on cool down, so I must have been stunned. This was a wharf map (t2) with 19% increased monster damage and 20% increased aoe. Not a one shot but way too fast to react to. Was 67 with kaoms heart waiting in stash. :(
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
"
Bars wrote:
I was actually referring to Sexcalibur's post, I was just lazy and quoted Mark together with it. I'm not arguing with Mark. About the normal atziri flameblasts, I've eaten quite a few and ~7k hp without overcapped fire res are enough to barely survive. That's why I found Sexcalibure's post so strange.
i can assure you it was a single FB with no Lightning involved, even if so, i had 80% light resist
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RIP audio but the death is pretty quick. Had 9k armor before molten shell, and you can see my enduring cry go on cool down, so I must have been stunned. This was a wharf map (t2) with 19% increased monster damage and 20% increased aoe. Not a one shot but way too fast to react to. Was 67 with kaoms heart waiting in stash. :(

That was just a self-kill on reflect though, no clue why you mention armor and endurance charges.

I am guessing you where crit firestorm with that build, or just unlucky and critted on that instance.

Peace,

-Boem-
Sadly, I dont think there is any HP that can survive uber double flame blast. I've tried it with 103% fire res and 6K life before still got one shot. Tried with 13K ES and 91% fire res still got one shot. You can spell dodge or spell block it though and take no damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKE4eXMesQY&t=8m15s

All other FB are easily survivable though.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 26, 2016, 2:29:31 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
i can assure you it was a single FB with no Lightning involved, even if so, i had 80% light resist

I guess it can - and did - crit. Which, if true, is bad game design. Hard single-hit spells shouldn't have such a big damage variance.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Boem wrote:
"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was just a self-kill on reflect though, no clue why you mention armor and endurance charges.

I am guessing you where crit firestorm with that build, or just unlucky and critted on that instance.

Peace,

-Boem-

It was not reflect. My dmg per hit was very low, noncrit build. My weapon was Quecholli for Pete's sake. Like 500ish damage per hit according to firestorm tooltip - as you can see, not even enough to oneshot the white monsters. Res capped at 76%. I'd killed plenty of reflect mobs all day - that damage primarily came from the crit/acc + sub phys aura on all those white mobs. Just the perfect storm situation :(

EDIT: I can verify it was not a crit either as I had Elemental Overload on that character and never received the buff. Reflect accounted for some of that damage for sure, but there's no way it was the majority.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 26, 2016, 3:23:34 PM
^just checked frame per frame, your correct it was the rare hit that took you down to 360 hp.(might have been some rock throwing going down as well though, hard to spot)

I don't quite understand what you did there though, you had smoke cloud/basalt and escape skills all fully charged and didn't use any, while tanking a full box with a non block/dodge build.

Overconfidence? :)

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info