Improvements to the Website

"
cgexile wrote:
time for .NET

Server runs nginx so I doubt we'll be seeing and .NET/ASP stuff.
You forgot one very important improvement - how about GGG actually being active on the forums?
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Jul 25, 2016, 9:40:34 AM
Very nice, like how I can see my challenges properly now, took advantage of it and fixed my pins :p

Supporters had been asking for that avatar feature for a while, good to know they got it
Oblivious
Here are three things I would like to see done to make this site a little better:

1. On anybody's PoE Profile Page who leads/owns a Guild like I do, display their Guild's 'Capacity'.

I talked to a developer roughly a year ago about this who said he/she would forward the suggestion to one of the web developers to have it worked on, and it never happened.

2. When somebody actually levels a character in any Temporary League to a very high level, and somebody's PoE Profile Page says, for example, "Level 90 Character in Perandus League", it should stay way! not change to "Level 90 Character in Standard League" after every Temporary League ends.

That is beyond annoying because it erases our actual 'history' of being in all the other Temporary Leagues when viewers view our Profiles (for those who do not care who sees their Profile). Sure, the Leagues are temporary, but our highest character level achievement in any League does not have to be.

3. I believe the tabs on everyone's Profile Page Labeled: Overview, Seasons & Events, PvP, Achievements, Challenges and Characters can be made more 'responsive' when switching between those tabs as well when you move your favorite 'pinned' achievements around (there is a bit delay when moving them around).
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 25, 2016, 11:10:16 AM
Very nice! I use the website a lot :)

But also this:
"
evilstarship wrote:
Responsive, mobile friendly stylesheet would be nice huh
These are improvements I love to hear about. Look forward to seeing more!
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
"
Here are three things I would like to see done to make this site a little better:

1. On anybody's PoE Profile Page who leads/owns a Guild like I do, display their Guild's 'Capacity'.

I talked to a developer roughly a year ago about this who said he/she would forward the suggestion to one of the web developers to have it worked on, and it never happened.

2. When somebody actually levels a character in any Temporary League to a very high level, and somebody's PoE Profile Page says, for example, "Level 90 Character in Perandus League", it should stay way! not change to "Level 90 Character in Standard League" after every Temporary League ends.

That is beyond annoying because it erases our actual 'history' of being in all the other Temporary Leagues when viewers view our Profiles (for those who do not care who sees their Profile). Sure, the Leagues are temporary, but our highest character level achievement in any League does not have to be.

3. I believe the tabs on everyone's Profile Page Labeled: Overview, Seasons & Events, PvP, Achievements, Challenges and Characters can be made more 'responsive' when switching between those tabs as well when you move your favorite 'pinned' achievements around (there is a bit delay when moving them around).

I'm on board for this as well!
Suggestion:

It would be quite convenient to have a button for switching to "view staff posts" (that golden GGG one) directly at the thread view, so one must not switch over to the thread list just to switch again.
It's probably easier to type manually "filter-account-type/staff" than do that round.

Side note:
A few weeks ago, when the displaying of numbers of copleted challenges under the avatar pictures was fixed, that "view staff posts" buttons on a thread view page disappeared, there is only one at the very centre of the page. I know it's because of my ancient version of FF I use, but I checked the IE (some recent version, I don't remember exactly) as well and the layout does not seem quite right (although it's not broken as in FF).
So I was wondering, maybe it would be easy to fix...
There is no dark, it's just absence of light.
Really liking the changes in the forums and the website. Having history from all previous leagues is nice to see as well. Boy I did not complete very many challenges in the early leagues.

Would it be possible to stay logged in on multiple devices/computers? Despite clicking the "stay logged in" button on my computer at work and my phone neither one actually keeps me logged in for more than a day.

And I would love to see an option that would only show uncompleted challenges. It would make tracking them easier.
It would be nice if we could re-arrange forum sections, like shift the entire Help section below Feedback and Discussion sections.

it would also be nice if we can hide forums within each section. For example I don't care about "Skill Gem Feedback" and "Support Gem Feedback", hiding them would be nice!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info