Essence Drain does not heal

Bug report number :2.447.085.150.

HeyHo... its my first report soo.... if i am doing something wrong tell me :D

the spell "essence drain" doesnt heal me for the dmg he does... its said it does "0.50% dmg of the debuff" as heal...nothing happends...
pls fix that

or am i false?
Last edited by Nachtmeuchler on Jul 24, 2016, 11:05:21 AM
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2016, 7:03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It says it regenerates that amount. Do you have Vaal Pact or Skyforths etc?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
hmmmm no i just died at this moment .. :D fk that :D...
so i should do this ? i ll try it next time ...
What level is your character?

If you are only dealing like 1000 damage per second, then 0.5% of that is 5 health regenerated per second. You probably won't even notice it.
lvl 36... mhmhm well okay ...thanks... i thought thats buggy..^^
ok i got vaal pact and tried it again...with and without vaal pact... still no heal... even in mass of creeps, ED alone or spread by Contagion gives 0 heal ... actually the spell deals 751,3 Chaos dmg per second ...spread on like 9 creepds the dmg should heal for each dot ...not? i think so... so the like 3heal * 9 = 27 health... or am i thinking totaly wrong...

i still think its buggy there is no heal ...
Of course there is no heal with Vaal Pact - it says it stops regeneration. Vaal Pact will stop the regen from Essence Drain.

With 751.3 damage per second, it should heal that amount like you said, if you *don't* have Vaal Pact.
........ wtf man ...sry i dont want to be offensive but wtf... i said i tried it with and without...sure there is no lifereg with the vaalpact ...i am not stupid but... ah man forget it... there is NO heal ... "VAAL PACT" is not skilled...

...unbelivable
The healing effect of ED is PER MOB so the reason your not seeing any healing is your not hitting enough mobs at once with it. Thats why you have to run Contagion and spread the degen to as many mobs as possible THEN you will see the healing. And you have to spread it on more than just a few mobs you want big contagion spreads. Late game is when the healing gets really significant with more damage and clearspeed through big contagion spreads but early game it isn't as noticeable. 9 mobs especially at lowers lvls (36 i believe you said) youre not gonna see a whole lot of regen. Wait till late game once your damage starts scaling.

You also should be running Rapid Decay, Controlled Destruction, Void Manipulation, and Added Chaos (if only 4L leave out Added Chaos this will be your 5th link 6th link could be whatever i would suggest Pierce or possibly replace Void Manipulation with Pierce and VM be your 6th just depends on the setup but pierce is REALLY nice for ED) to scale the degen to really get nice regen from ED. The regen is also dependant on your damage so the right links help alot for this as well. But the playstyle also has alot to do with getting good healing with ED. In Fracture map before they were removed i could pull off 3K+ regen on spreads and hit 4K with enough pack size. Ofcourse this isnt possible now but man that was FUN.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 25, 2016, 6:17:24 PM
haha <3 thats a nice answer... :)
thanks for it..^^ i ll try and wait for lategame :)
see ya

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info