lacerate slayer

hey guys :)

I'm trying to make a lacerate slayer build but i have an issue. i think that lacerate would better to use if i were to make it a duel wield build(probably axes), but with the slayer tree all the travel nodes are for two handed weapons :/ now do i just make the build for two handed weapons to use those nodes(because its 56% additional damage) or do i just go duel wield anyway? or is there another option that i haven't thought about yet?

any help would be great.

thanks.

:)
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2016, 9:19:59 AM
There are two wheels of nodes for axes down by Duelist, plus one more by Marauder. Type 'axe' into the search box when you're on the website passive tree page.

Here's a tree where I started at Duelist and went directly to the axe nodes.

poeurl.com/IzQ
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wings_of_Entropy

thats the answer and solution to your problem.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
oh damn! yeah i completely forgot about wings!! thanks so much guys! i can finally get a passive tree plan started! :D
Yeah, I'm using Wings of Entropy and Bringer of Rain for my lacerate slayer. Getting all those dual-wield and two-handed axe nodes. Tons of fun.
- here's my sig
why would you want to Lacerate me :( what did i do :(
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I used Lacerate as a 2hander, personally (Hezmana's).

That being said, speccing for Slayer without actually using a 2hander isn't really that big a deal; the 2h damage half of those minor nodes is all you miss out on by doing pretty much any type of attack build as a Slayer, the other effects on minor nodes and the entirety of all the notables pretty much affects everything regardless of weapon type (hell, most of it isn't even limited to attacks, though you do need 'hits' for some of it).

I mean, I was gonna spec my dw Breath of the Council cyclone+abyssal cry build as a Slayer (cuz lots of extra AoE and nice damage), and I was completely content to get nothing out out of that 56% increased 2hander damage (though I wound up going with Berzerker instead, cuz Aspect of carnage double-dips for the poison i was using). And I actually did use Slayer to make my 'Touch of God' Doryani's Fist character this league, despite not benefiting from that 2handed damage again.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 24, 2016, 12:19:22 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:02:25 PM
Lacerate seems so... Lack-luster compared to Dual Strike + splash when it comes to damage. Guess the range has to count for something, but...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Lacerate seems so... Lack-luster compared to Dual Strike + splash when it comes to damage. Guess the range has to count for something, but...

I played with lacerate a bit this season - I think you're best off to commit to AoE in the tree + the gem, or just Conc Effect it and use it as a single target skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info