Best beginner build?

I just started playing and I didn't know what to play so i'm asking you guys. What is the best beginner build? Also anybody have some advice for me as a new player?
Last edited by SparklingSoap on Jul 24, 2016, 5:24:53 AM
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2016, 6:37:56 PM
lightning arrow is a good starting build and there are lots of guides on how to build one.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
You'll probably be better off with tornado shot. Lightning arrow severely lacks in single target dps which makes boss fights a pain.
"
You'll probably be better off with tornado shot. Lightning arrow severely lacks in single target dps which makes boss fights a pain.

Did you just say LA has bad single target?

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"

Tornado shot is not a good skill for a beginner IMO, it requires a pretty high level of skill to aim it well.

For a beginner, use lightning arrow on packs, and barrage or shrapnel shot for single targets unless you can use frostwall well.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
If you want a very fun and safe build, go with a Templar into Hierophant, allocating the Ritual of Awakening and Sanctuary of Thought ascendancies and Ancestral Bond.

Summon Raging Spirit + Spell Totem + Minion Speed + Minion Damage + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage.

While YOU don't do damage, you can have four totems summoning piranhas that chew threw enemies. No damage invesntment from passives or gear required.

WARNING!
I haven't fully leveled this build yet, so I'm not sure how it fares against end-game content.
"
Nephalim wrote:
lightning arrow is a good starting build and there are lots of guides on how to build one.

I disagree about any crit bow being a good beginner build. In fact, I disagree about any crit build being a good way to start playing the game for beginners. They all require fair amount of knowledge about gearing up (and fair amount of currency too) good sense of balancing offence and defence in the skill tree, and when life based they usually are glass cannons

Imo, currently good beginner starting builds are:
-earthquake juggernaut, slayer and bersersker are also very good options
-elementalist flameblast or firestorm
-bladefall in any shape or form
-life based blade vortex
-life based essence drain
Last edited by raxleberne on Jul 25, 2016, 5:54:07 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"

Mind showing the gear and tree for that?
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"

Mind showing the gear and tree for that?

Neph has a guide for this, actually.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811636

Your typical, immobile boss-trivializing fun ^^
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 25, 2016, 7:32:43 AM
"

Neph has a guide for this, actually.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811636

Your typical, immobile boss-trivializing fun ^^

I was aware. The guide isn't quite updated, which is why i was asking. Still, i figure that it's probably your boss-pwning lightning arrow pierce build, just with a marauder start.

Personally I'll be trying out reach(once I can afford it) on inquisitor, probably something like your own :D

That is too say if I can afford reach before it gets too expensive. Man I hate starting late in leagues.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info