Results from map farming! 2 ( currency drops and some other stuff ) ( 100 maps so far )

cool information, very organized and easy to read.

Props to you OP!
@illmtk
My 2h flicker striker

@theCrumblebrain
thanks for noticing - it's fixed now :)

@C1111
Well it's basically my flicker striker build from this thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/528011
but with MF gear and IIR/IIQ gems linked to my flicker strike ( instead of faster attacks and added fire damage, some chroming was necessary ofc )
The MF gear is :
Spoiler

The rest of the gear is the standard stuff from the guide.

And thank you all guys for the kind words , i'm glad that you find this thread interesting :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 24, 2016, 11:52:59 AM
Thank you for sharing your findings. It is always helpfull to have this kind of data, so that less wealthy players can actually see how to make currency.

About that, I guess you where doing the unidentified chaos recipe right?
Indeed i'm doing the unid chaos recipe.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
From your guide to this thing right here, korgoth: awesome jobs! Thanks a lot!
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
thx for sharing.

Why do you run maps lower than T11 ( or gorge / plateau ) ?
Are you sure you are clearing the maps? Like below 50 monsters and picking up the loot? I definitely get more drops, though I do aim for at least 100 iiq and 15 pack size without any MF gear.
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
Well there is literally 0 difference between Tier 1 and Tier 15 map when it comes to drops 9 ( besides the 1 in 1000000000 chance to drop skyforth ). So the only real difference comes from the clear speed and the abundance of the maps. With low tier maps i can one-shot everything ( boss included ) thus i'm clearing the map faster and that way i'm getting more loot per hour. And yes i clear the entire map and as stated in the first post i pick up only currency, uniques and items needed for recipes ( when needed ) meaning that i don't pick up random rares on the ground ... the alt/alch shards are just not worth it.... considering the backtracking, the teleporting back to hideout, selling them, identifying them ( identification isn't exactly free ) etc.

the feeling of "Definitely getting more drops" can be very biased and frankly said illusionary until you actually keep track on your drops.
"
AridZephyr wrote:
cool information, very organized and easy to read.

Props to you OP!

*thumbsup!*
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well there is literally 0 difference between Tier 1 and Tier 15 map when it comes to drops 9 ( besides the 1 in 1000000000 chance to drop skyforth ). So the only real difference comes from the clear speed and the abundance of the maps. With low tier maps i can one-shot everything ( boss included ) thus i'm clearing the map faster and that way i'm getting more loot per hour. And yes i clear the entire map and as stated in the first post i pick up only currency, uniques and items needed for recipes ( when needed ) meaning that i don't pick up random rares on the ground ... the alt/alch shards are just not worth it.... considering the backtracking, the teleporting back to hideout, selling them, identifying them ( identification isn't exactly free ) etc.

the feeling of "Definitely getting more drops" can be very biased and frankly said illusionary until you actually keep track on your drops.

Except that higher tier maps are also of higher value - a T15 map is 15c+. The T11-14 ones 4 to 10, and good mods on them increases the price (I mean just the ones that drop as rare, not modded by the player). I wonder what the impact of this would be if you'd farm T9 - T11. That range should be sustainable without buying maps. Any higher tier (with perhaps the georges) you could sell.

Just wondering if worth :)
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Fair point. In my experience though 9-11 are indeed sustainable, but in order to sell you need to get at least 2 maps per run - 1 to keep you going and 1 to sell and in my opinion that is rarely the case unless you spend extra currency for proper map crafting... and that costs extra currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info