LAB - Give us hope or give us closure GGG

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
If I were GGG I'd respond in this thread, sticky it and lock every existing and new lab thread.

They won't , because they won't remove the lab, and they know this kind of announcement would kill their game, they lost already a large amount of players, they can't afford more. Or acknowledge you can live with only a thousand milkers and ignore the rest like the way they are going since a while, which is even worst.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
I don't like traps. I hate traps.

I can handle Normal Izaro and Normal Trials.

BUT GODDAMN...

Uber Trials and Uber Izaro was too much...

It's not a matter of difficulty... I hate trials... Uber Trials are UBER fist in the ass...

It's not a matter of challenge... but It is annoying to do thing that you dislike to do in virtual life...

I don't want them to be removed... maybe someone enjoy them...

BUT.... per God Sake, give us other methods to access the last Ascendancy Points..
I would approve of an announcement. I wish they would just say....no changes to the way ascendancy is acquired, just so I could see how many of these people actually leave.

It would be a welcome change to move onto the next "I'm leaving if you don't change X" topic.

It's all been threatened before. Company is still here, still expanding workforce, still putting out content.
Again, it's risk vs reward. The lab is time consuming, and more challenging, since you cannot rely on portalling out, or swarming to complete.

If you remove the Ascendency points from lab, they would have to get nerfed. Drastically. If the risk and time investment to gain Ascendency points goes down, then Ascendency points should be no more powerful than any other skillpoint.

Maybe that's what they should do, give people to the option to run lab and get Ascendency points, or skip, and just get normal skill points. Be kinda like Bandit quest, with a about the same cost to change your mind later on.

"
Rafein wrote:
Again, it's risk vs reward. The lab is time consuming, and more challenging, since you cannot rely on portalling out, or swarming to complete.

lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2hpP5R8L8
Well the thing is they can't summon a new way to ascend out of their hats and at the point of time when they have spoken about possible alternative ways to ascend 2.4 was pretty much in production. So 2.4 should launch in September or October (not sure, it is also in the podcast) and after that there will be at least 5 to 6 months without major changes. So it is already clear that there are no major changes to the way to ascend unless 2.4 brings something, but if it would they would have said so.

I also don't think that they planned something like this for 3.0. And they will very likely base this of numbers from Prophecy. Perandus was very well received and increased their playerbase, so there was no reason for them to do anything. Of course people angry with the lab could have waited for one expansion to leave so they are not represented in their stats. But I also doubt that they wouldn't react if a majority of players don't get their ascendancies, which is another easy avaible stat for them.

GGG basically only reacts to stats. When Hegemonies made people use a lot of sweep they nerfed sweep, not because it was strong, but because it was used.

"
I can handle Normal Izaro and Normal Trials.

BUT GODDAMN...

Uber Trials and Uber Izaro was too much...

Well the thing is, while ascending isn't optional those last 2 ascendancy points are. They are hard to get and locked for more dedicated players. Which is fine, it gives you something to still improve your character. They might increase the chance of trials spawning in maps, because honestly they are pretty rare. Or maybe they bias them towards the ones you are still missing. You have to do a lot of maps to get them all. I'm still missing one trial, while I had the ones with the sawblades 4 times in a row now. I'm not really bothering with it, because my char can't use the last 2 ascendancy points anyway, since I can't use Shaper of Desolation and Paragon of Calamity is only a minor boost.
"
Siochan wrote:
"
Rafein wrote:

What does a video of a build facerolling content prove? There are builds that faceroll every single thing in the game. What does that prove? That the game is easy for some builds? What a revelation.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Siochan wrote:
"
Rafein wrote:

Link to that build clearing a map?

Appears to be a build tailored to clearing the lab asap. For every player that can clear lab that fast there are many more that have to take their sweet time. I personally have a few characters that have cleared all labs, a few more that have cleared up to merc lab and a few more that can't even handle lab. Not all builds are created equally.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
"
viciousnugget wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:
"
Rafein wrote:

Link to that build clearing a map?

Appears to be a build tailored to clearing the lab asap. For every player that can clear lab that fast there are many more that have to take their sweet time. I personally have a few characters that have cleared all labs, a few more that have cleared up to merc lab and a few more that can't even handle lab. Not all builds are created equally.

I had to pay for an uber lab run on my ranger because I was just not a good enough player to beat uber izaro. I see nothing wrong with that. If my build is not good enough to overcome my lack of skill, I am happy that I still have an alternative to getting the last optional points, which is to buy a carry.
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
viciousnugget wrote:

I had to pay for an uber lab run on my ranger because I was just not a good enough player to beat uber izaro. I see nothing wrong with that. If my build is not good enough to overcome my lack of skill, I am happy that I still have an alternative to getting the last optional points, which is to buy a carry.

The lab is just such a design failure. It completely griefs some builds while that build shows the other end of the spectrum. Izzaro sure picked his champ that paid 2 chaos or what ever it is to have someone run the 'challenge' for them and 'earn' their ascendency points.

It's just really obtuse to put such a horrible implementation in this game and then to gate core character development behind it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info