Wow!  An event even rarer than a 6L drop

After playing PoE 1000s of hours from CB PoE and never once getting a 6L to drop I was sure that it was the rarest event. I was wrong. After nearly 80 years the NY Botanical Gardens is poised to witness the booming of their Corpse flower. Yes, I didn't make this up, it's called a Corpse flower from the rotting flesh smell that it produces. It only blooms once every 7+ years. So there is an event that takes longer than getting a 6L to drop playing PoE (of course no one has played PoE that long).

Giant Smelly 'Corpse Flower' About to Bloom at New York Botanical Garden

LIVE CAM: Rare corpse flower — the stinky stalk that was once the official flower of the Bronx — to bloom at New York Botanical Garden
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2016, 5:22:15 PM
Shoot me, please. I just clicked a link to a live coverage of a flower growing. Willingly.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Shoot me, please. I just clicked a link to a live coverage of a flower growing. Willingly.

LOL +1

Need something to do until patch 2.4.0 on September 2nd (estimated release date).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Phrazz wrote:
I don't think it's much different than watching ZiggyD grow a 6-link(now we're back full circle :D
This goes to a rick roll in a flower face doesnt it
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
My grandparents place used to have a tree that only started to flower after like 20 years.

Dont remember the name though, just knew that they were huge white flowers. Unfortunately it had to be cut as it was too big and it was starting to become a problem due to close wires and roots messing shit up. (also a bother to clean)

they didnt smell like rotten flesh though :P

Also still got an old cactus with almost 30 years now. Its pretty cool how a good part of it seems to have become wood-like due to age, you can really tell he's old
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 23, 2016, 7:49:54 PM
I've had a 6l drop, it was a white level 60 2h mace. Sold it for one divine orb :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 24, 2016, 3:33:37 AM
Some guy had 5 x mirrors from emperors luck, that is even more rare
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Jul 24, 2016, 4:06:40 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Assassin and rail gun are en-route!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Reminds me of the Simpsons Episode...
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info