Why have you never supported the game? Or refuse to now?

When I first found this game I loved it. Perhaps this is me just burning out, but I think the recent direction that GGG has been taking this game, isn't one I'm supportive of. Perhaps I might not buy the next pack
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
LOOZING wrote:
2. Trade. Ridiculous that finding good enough gear to get through the game is impossible without trade.

One guy has beaten the main game (normal, cruel, merciless), killed izaro and malachai in merciless deathless with only white items. WHITE. The few times he died was to corrupting blood(line) or major lag. I guess this argument is invalid now.

I got to maps with viper strike when dominus was still the end-boss.

With no life rolls on gear/solo/sf/famine/melee and if i recall the game scaled way harder back then.

Saying you can't complete the game without trading defies logic, since it's what the entire community does on a new league.
It's not even funny how ludicrous that statement is.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
srt746 wrote:
GGG's obsession with designing all content so that only 0.01% of the player base can fully enjoy it made me rethink buying anymore supporter packs. Logically speaking, since I'm not one of the 0.01%, then I don't benefit from supporting the game.

This is the correct answer.

It's their compant/their invested time.

They wanted a Spike Timmy Johnnie game, cause they thought mark rosewater was sooooooooooooooo fucking cool, ergmergawhd.

They realized too late there is no such thing. mark pretty much made all that stuff up. The number of people "good" at Poe is very very small, numbering in the hundreds. The rest of us do not gring out a Headhunter on day 2, or scammaz newbs for mirrors all day long, or have GGG employees in their guild who can help them suss out the Exalted recipe.

Most everyone playing this game for more than 100 hours does so because the core game is easy-ish. But, as the post I replied to makes clear, GGG has added exactly no content for those non-4-500 players, ever. All new content is super ultra-high end.

GGG can do what ever they like, but most people don't ever find more than 4 stash tabs worth of stuff to keep.
Last edited by Orca_Orcinus on Jul 23, 2016, 9:45:46 PM
"
srt746 wrote:
GGG's obsession with designing all content so that only 0.01% of the player base can fully enjoy it made me rethink buying anymore supporter packs. Logically speaking, since I'm not one of the 0.01%, then I don't benefit from supporting the game.

GGG can you please tell us the truth about this , i would like to hear something from you about this 0.001 % thing . Pretty sure i am not the only one . I have read statements like this so many times in these forums and other web pages .

In case it is the truth that's a horrible way to treat your fans of this game .

Show us that you have some big balls now and answer this ggg ?
( as usual i don't expect that you do answer a q like this )
Last edited by Devonor on Jul 23, 2016, 9:55:11 PM
If you play something you should pay up. You wouldnt work for free why should GGG?

I have dozens of issues with this game, no game is perfect, but on balance it entertains me so I pay the minds and effort behind that with no regrets.

[Removed by Support]
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 24, 2016, 2:31:50 AM
"
srt746 wrote:

No doubt about this, GGG is clearly all about supporting the top .01% of players and leaving the 99.9% rest of out of any PoE goodness. But then these .01% just troll us back and say "get good or get out". I wonder what GGG would do (except go out of business) if 99.9% of the player base suddenly stopped playing and stopped buying anything? Would GGG change their position or would they just continue to listen to the top .01% saying that PoE needs to be even more grind and all time consuming and less fun?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
[Removed by Support]

My refusal to support this game stems mainly from heavy disappointments in my past experience, as well as the fact that I do not have the money to spend on the incredibly exorbitant prices of the cash shop. In the past, every indie developer whose games I have supported failed to ever live up to expectations, and all games devolved into shitty cash cows before they ever reached their full potential. Up till now, PoE seems to be no exception. Shitty developer decisions back to back, constant refusal to cater to the average player, constantly shifting vision and breaking of previous paradigms, downright awful and biased forum moderation coupled with less and less community interaction, constantly ignoring problems that were pointed out years ago in favour of making more repetitive and uninteresting content, the list goes on and on. I do not think this game has moved forward very much in maybe like, 2 years. In fact, I just came back from a multiple month break in the last few days due to summer boredom, and it only took a few days to remember why I do not think this game is, or ever will be, worth my hard earned money.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 24, 2016, 2:33:18 AM
"
In fact, I just came back from a multiple month break in the last few days due to summer boredom, and it only took a few days to remember why I do not think this game is, or ever will be, worth my hard earned money.

Doesn't time = money? If that is the case then the above drivel shows that the game is worth at least a few of your hard earned cents.
@Op

If i could i could buy without thinking,since it is one of my most played games,if not the most played.

However when your obligations are high and your salary is low,those 60 is something to consider.

So its not about ggg,as it is more like mine problem.

And btw op,you try making a point by showing us how [Removed by Support] biased you are by letting me pick in a list of what YOU think is the reason i cant support them right now.

[Removed by Support]
Bye bye desync!
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 24, 2016, 2:34:21 AM
"
[Removed by Support]
[Removed by Support] Nobody who supports the game feels like they are purchasing the right to have more fun. The people who are supporting are doing so because they think if they are enjoying somebody else's labor, they should give something back in return. If you think the game is bad, then why are you playing it? If you think the game is worth playing, don't you feel guilty not paying anything? Are you the kind of person who goes to a restaurant and eats the meal they ordered and then tells the cook they aren't going to pay for it because they didn't like the way it was cooked?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 24, 2016, 2:35:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info