[2.4] PermaStun Crit EQ Juggernaut - 25c to 2ex <10 min full key Uber Lab, Atziri, T14/15

Really cool idea, looks more fun then the 2h versions. Would you change anything for hc ?
This is a really neat iteration of the HC stun marauder that used to be great (2013).

Currently level 60 with Belly and Cauterizer, I'm melting everything.

- Thoughts on 6L optimal armor? King's? Belly? Cospri's for curses?

- Running Essence worm + Hatred alongside voidheart, not sure how viable 90% mana res is (HoA, Blasphemy, Hatred) in endgame.
"
Pretty cool build! I'm using almost the same itemization as you but as Assassin and with BoR for a hat, the Breath/Death's is a very nice combo. Breath has SUCH high damage per hit for a 1-hander. I bet your build is tankier than mine ha.

One thing I'll say is, the guide is a bit wordy/paragraph-y. Throw in some bulleted lists or something, I can't read ten words in a row without... wait what was I talking about?

Thanks! I'm definitely going to work on the guide this weekend when I find some time. I need to make a more user friendly sort of template for my builds :)
"
BigDRaidBoss wrote:
Thanks for sharing this build! It looks really interesting and I'm going to try it out. Could you possibly post some passive leveling trees? I am fairly new to the game so I'm not too experienced in figuring out what passive points I should be investing into first.

Sure thing! I'll try to get to it as soon as I can. In the meantime as a guide, I would grab the marauder nodes first, then the duelist area, and finally the templar area. I don't tend to get the tiny 5% health nodes on the end of the branches until near the end so I get to the meat of the build quicker.

I also wouldn't get the unwavering stance/stun nodes until you migrate into BotC itself.
"
Transom wrote:
I lvld a EQ char after my Elementalist - Doomfletch first char...got bored of 2H EQ (too slow for me personally) so I tried LA - Voltaxic Pierce but then I saw your build and just had to try it out on my EQ char - so after a quick round of leeching items from my chars I got it working.
So far very fun char, although I am still not a fan of selfcast IC I might get a CWDT for maps and do the selfacsting on bosses etc.
I´d love to give feedback on Uber-Lab or t9+ Maps but I don´t have access to both of them atm still looking for the last pesky trial of xyz grief or whats it called.
Gear cost me 17c Abys, 5c Breath, 7 Death, 30c 6l, Ring 3c? Amu 4c? - so quite cheap to swap to it from generic EQ build (if you have a voidheart that is)
Rest of the gear is self-found from my other chars :)
Gear

I need to level my gems but with all charges conc and vaal haste i was sitting at ~55k dps
P.S This is one of my first melee chars that I actually enjoy playing after my pre-nerf BoR Wings Dual Strike duelist :) (Not counting my CoC from talisman)

-----

I managed to finally find the last Trial - uber Lab is really easy (atleast today) with this char.
After my first run I searched for argus and the silver keys - and was rewarded :D
Spoiler

Now I can finally get rid of my 9 Trial keys - lets hope for some real $$$ :D

Awesome man! Glad its working out for ya. Self-cast IC definitely isn't the best though you don't really need IC for most general clearing, and I also find it's better to have it up on self-cast as opposed to CWDT for bosses as you mentioned :)
"
vasya97 wrote:
how does it go with reflect mobs?
and can it do reflect maps?

Transom's answer is on point. You can do ele reflect maps no problem, and phys reflect maps are doable but you need to ensure you have IC up. I don't do them because I'm way way too lazy to keep that level of attention.
"
Graiaule wrote:
Where are you getting your int from so you can use the scepters? You need 96 int by level 56 and 113 by level 65, but I see only +46 int on your gear plus +30 from passives. That should give 14+46+30 = 90 int. How are you wielding these scepters?

-----

Ah, I see the +24 from the Abyssus. So you're saying I need to get enough +int from gear to put on the scepters, then switch to Abyssus when I can use it. Okay.

Yup you got it! Abyssus is so incredibly helpful :)
Last edited by Baldersh on Jul 25, 2016, 8:21:45 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
Another question -- is there any reason you didn't take the last 2 spots in the Stun Duration passive circle?

You can totally grab those if you want. The build just got to the point for me that I didn't seem to need more damage and haven't found something I can't melt as is so I started going into defense instead.
"
Boldric wrote:
Really cool idea, looks more fun then the 2h versions. Would you change anything for hc ?

Thanks for the kind words! I want to say I'd grab the health nodes near the scion and the jewel socket on the way up, but I'm not too sure what I'd get rid of to be honest as most of the branching chunks lead to health as well, and the one that doesn't gives us the 18% stun duration. What I would definitely do though is optimize life on your gear over damage. I could easily get another 100-200 life on gear had I not tried to get flat damage and keep it within the budget.
"
HeavyBurden wrote:
This is a really neat iteration of the HC stun marauder that used to be great (2013).

Currently level 60 with Belly and Cauterizer, I'm melting everything.

- Thoughts on 6L optimal armor? King's? Belly? Cospri's for curses?

- Running Essence worm + Hatred alongside voidheart, not sure how viable 90% mana res is (HoA, Blasphemy, Hatred) in endgame.

Hey thanks! Glad you're liking it :)

The build actually didn't even start off as permastun but it took such a tiny amount to spec into it being a permastun build (as it doesn't need as much stun threshold reduction as they usually do since we do ridiculous damage as well), that I had to go for it.

I would personally go for either Belly if you are HC/want more life, or Carcass Jack for the pretty sweet boost to damage as well as giving you life. It gives you no armor, but I mean I have only ~200 armor from my current one and it doesn't matter because of the endurance charges/IC anyways.

I wouldn't go Kings only because the only time we really expend charges is manually. I think King's would definitely work, but it wouldn't be as beneficial as say a CoC discharge build with Voll's.

Cospri's would be sweet, and I'd likely Vuln/Temp Chains depending on whether you want defense or offense. I would likely stop using Voidheart if you pick up Cospri's though as poison is a huge benefit of both of those items and we don't need that overlapping.

Essence Worm would work, and 90% is doable but is a bit tough to work with (especially if you miss/they are changing forms and you keep hitting them and then you're out of mana). That being said, it'll be exceedingly difficult to make up the life/res/stats that you lose from the other ring as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info