[2.4] PermaStun Crit EQ Juggernaut - 25c to 2ex <10 min full key Uber Lab, Atziri, T14/15

Update video for Essence League and Atlas of Worlds. With the huge Juggernaut nerf, the build is much less viable than it was. The damage isn't a problem, the defenses are. IF you want to play the build you'll have to stack armor and keep endurance charges up for bosses instead of casting IC. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQca13h6BM

Hello everyone! My name is Dersh and I made a build that uses Death's Hand's power charge on stun and Unholy Might on crit with Breath of the Council and some other clever mechanics to clear most of the game quickly while permastunning everything. It scaled from a budget of just under 25 chaos to begin with all the way to just under 2 exalted (and then Atziri's Acuity to ezMode the game. I haven't done any T15 yet, but I'm confident I can shred Abyss and Colosseum while permastunning the bosses. Malachai won't be permastunned and will likely be difficult. I'll update ASAP with those done. I have thus far permastunned up to T14 dominus' first AND second form which should mean we can permastun the others as well. I have a bunch of videos to do with the build and my other builds posted on my YouTube channel so if you are wondering how they perform go ahead and take a look!

Here is the build overview/showcase video: Including T14, Atziri, Uber Lab, scaling from 25c-2ex.

Update! Worst-timed end-game update ever. Includes T15 with and without Atziri's Acuity (huge shoutout to TheJewOfMalta for letting me borrow his for recording). The video also includes some light Atlas of Worlds updates for the build as well as my circumstances and plans for the league: https://youtu.be/Ew-66kSjXSY

Concept
The build relies around a ton of synergy between a bunch of different mechanics. We use Breath of the Council to gain AoE for EQ, as well as some Mace AoE and one set of AoE nodes in the tree giving us almost a full-screen EQ. From there we utilize Death's Hand which is the bread and butter of the build. It gives us power charges on stun and Unholy Might on crit. We are both a PermaStun and Crit build so we make full use of both of those. As we are using maces we get some nice stun threshold reduction through the skill tree with 48% through the tree and a 15% belt. Our stuns also have culling strike which essentially just means we have a free culling strike all the time.

The 25c version begins with just the above and as you gain more currency through farming the uber lab/maps/atziri, you can upgrade to an Abyssus, Voidheart, and a cheap 20-25c 6-link. The base doesn't matter as we're immune to physical damage anyways and in fact I'm using the dreaded ornate ringmail as of now. With the full setup, you will be permastunning almost anything in the game. The only things I believe you cannot permastun are: Core Malachai, Atziri/Uber Atziri (immune to stun), and a fully charged Uber Izaro with gargoyles (though he's still a joke). We use the Juggernaut ascendancy to be super tanky and massively increase our attack speed and hit chance to help ensure we crit enough to have our unholy might up all the time.

Here’s what a few people have had to say:

"
Hey man, you're the coolest person I know. - Friend

Just kidding I don't have any of those.

Damage
Spoiler

Let's start with what everybody always looks for first, the damages! Though I'm no mathematician, I once wrote boobies on a calculator through extreme perseverance and determination so I believe that qualifies me to explain this without numbers.

Our main attack is Earthquake because other Melee skills are just subpar at this point similar to my golf game.

Links: Earthquake - Increased Critical Strikes - Melee Physical Damage - Less Duration - Stun - Increased AoE/Conc Effect

The DPS shown on tooltip doesn't seem at all to be indicative of the damage we actually do, as is the case with most crit builds. What you really need to know is we have ~355% increased damage from the tree, and on top of that we perpetually have another 30% of all our damage gained as chaos damage which has a ~415-435% increased damage multiplier with the added bonus from Breath of the Council. On top of that we have a 45-55% chance to crit without using a diamond flask depending on how many power charges you have up, and a minimum of 225% increased critical strike multiplier.

Given that, here's the stat sheets: http://imgur.com/gallery/V7xTe

We also attack 2.67 times/second WITHOUT multistrike for a massive amount of critical strike occuring, with permastunning goodness and ton of damage being put out.

Now I honestly don't even want to attempt to calculate the damage we're doing here because I know I'll butcher it somewhere. What I can tell you is that it's enough to make short both forms of Palace Dominus very quickly while permastunning him. I'll try to do an actual DPS calculation at some point, but it's honestly probably not going to be 100% accurate. It will be at least 50% accurate if my marks in Calculus are any indicator.

You'll throw on concentrated effect during bosses due to the fact that I demand it. Assuming your tree and items are similar to mine, you will be throwing down damage similar to mine but not quite as good because my dad still works at GGG and gives me free dps. (He doesn't work at Neopets anymore, but Blizzard just brought him in for the Legion launch so if you send me your username and password I can get you free gold. And if you make fun of me he will ban your ip from the internet because he works at the internet too.)

Update: He no longer works for the internet. It turns out banning IPs for your child is not condoned.

Defense
Spoiler

Stat Sheets - Defenses on last image: http://imgur.com/gallery/V7xTe

This build uses Abyssus to great effect, and completely circumvents the downside by having Immortal Call up perpetually for 5.3 seconds at a time. We have 87% increased cast speed on it making it almost instantaneous so there's really no downtime. We are then immune to physical damage, have max res, 140% increased armor (that with the endurance charges up lets you just hop around lower level maps without worrying about immortal call).

Speaking of endurance charges, we are Juggernaut and have a total of 7 endurance charges from the tree and bandits. This gives us a bunch of damage as well as decent mitigation (though the real mitigation is through immortal call). You are also immune to almost all of the labyrinth traps as they are pretty much all physical except for the burning ground which you can just jump across with leap slam. The physical immunity is incredible for running lab and lets you do full key runs in under 10 minutes even with full charges and gargoyles!

We have 194% increased maximum life at level 90 which will give us about 5700-6000 depending on your gear. So we are pretty darn tanky!
We also have life leech from warlord's mark as well as the endurance charge generation for another chunk of defense.

Now we get into the most important mitigation this build has. Permastun. The absolute best defence I've ever found in this game is forcing all the enemies to headbang instead of attacking you. You will permastun everything including bosses except for full charge izaro (who is still a chump) and Core Malachai (who is not a chump and will leave your anus sore). You can't be killed by them if they can't attack you, and I promise you they won't be able to attack you.

We have 98% reduced enemy stun threshold which translated to about 87% after diminishing returns. This means the damage you would have to do to stun an enemy is instead based around only 13% of their life. Usually permastun builds have much more reduction as they don't do a hell of a lot of damage themselves, but we do such a ludicrous amount of damage on top of that threshold reduction that we can permastun anything anyways.

So yeah! It's pretty darn tanky. Definitely more tanky than my Chin Sol guys anyways.

Skill Tree/Ascendancy/Leveling/Bandits
Spoiler

Skill Tree

You're going to want to prioritize in no specific order: Life-Physical Damage-Crit/Crit Multi-Stun Threshold Reduction - Accuracy - Attack Speed - Armour

Prophecy Skill Tree (level 89): https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAAGAecEswUtBsYIsQ2NEdUS4RPMFCAUTRX2Fm8WuxiRGjgaVRpsJKonLygqKU8t0i5TNug26TrYOzs8BT38P_xBP0MxR35KfUz_TipP81BHUeZXl1hjWK9Z81uvXaRfP2BBYSFieWNwZU1p_nKpdO12rHdTeWh6731zgpuE74VSh3aLT4zPkFWSfZSHl3mYCphvmjubap7Fnz6fy5_fogCi6qcwqW6sqq0JrY22pLyfvTa-p8ABwGbBBMbYz37Tb9lh2sHcI93V3pbfsuNq45_kIuRR5c_oZuoY7Djsy-8O73zwH_ZI9zL3ufxL

Level 90 skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAAGAecEswUtBsYIsQ2NEdUS4RPMFCAUTRX2Fm8WuxiRGjgaVRpsJKonLygqKU8t0i5TNug26TrYOzs8BT38P_xBP0MxR35KfUz_TipP81BHUeZXl1hjWK9Z81uvXaRfP2BBYSFieWNwZU1noGn-cql07Xasd1N5aHrvfXOCm4TvhVKHdotPjM-QVZJ9lIeXeZgKmG-aO5tqnsWfPp_Ln9-iAKLqpzCpbqyqrQmtjbakvJ-9Nr6nwAHAZsEExtjPftNv2WHawdwj3dXelt-y42rjn-Qi5FHlz-hm6hjsOOzL7w7vfPAf9kj3Mve5_Es=

Level 100 skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAAGAecEswUtBsYIsQ2NEdUS4RPMFCAUTRX2Fm8WuxiRGjgaVRpsJKonLygqKU8t0i5TNug26TrYOzs8BT38P_xBP0MxR35KfUz_TipP81BHUeZXDVeXWGNYr1nzW69dpF8_YEFhIWJ5Y3BlTWZUZ6BoZWn-cql07Xasd1N5aHrvfXOCm4TZhO-FUoV7h3aLT4zPkFWRzpJ9lIeWbJd5mAqYb5o7m2qexZ8-n8uf36IAouqnMKlurKqtCa2NtqS77byfvTa-p8ABwGbBBMRYxtjPftNv2WHawdwj3dXelt-y42rjn-Qi5FHlz-hm6hjsOOzL7w7vfPAf85v2SPcy97n8Sw==

Bandits: Oak/None/Oak
Reasoning: Life duh, skill point because that one skill point at the marauder start is already better than 16% increased physical damage so screw that noise, and we already have a whole bunch of attack speed. Endurance charge because we're not stupid.

Leveling: I leveled in Prophecy EQ! It was pretty darn quick. I used The Gryphon (fated unique) once I could all the way until BoTC and Death's Hand. The movement speed is blessed. (Actually blessed, not like those dreadful blessed orbs).[/bold]

Ascendancy
Ascendancy wise we go with Juggernaut. Undeniable single handedly solves the accuracy problems that come with being in the bottom left corner of the skill tree for crit as well as giving us a ludicrous amount of attack speed. We then have a More multiplier on attack speed since we're dual wielding so it's even higher. We also grab Unrelenting because duh. It gives us damage as well as the ability to be immune to physical damage. Finally you have a choice between Unbreakable and Unstoppable.

You can go unbreakable as I did for most of the build if you're an idiot like I was, or you can go Unstoppable and get Unwavering Stance instead once you realize we don't need armor, don't evade, and Unwavering Stance is only one point away. Unstoppable makes us immune to chill, freeze, temp chains, snares, and gives us a bunch of movement speed too. It's a huge boost to defenses.

Itemization
Spoiler

Before I explain everything, here are my current items:
Spoiler

Other than the uniques, what you want to prioritize on your items is:

Life/Resistances > Flat Physical Damage > Crit Multiplier > Critical Strike Chance > Accuracy/Attack Speed

Jewel wise I don't have too many yet, but I would grab multiplier/attack speed/phys damage/life. Any combination of those.

I did not spend more than 3c on any of the rare items (other than the 6l). The 6L you get doens't matter since we're immune to phys anyways so we don't care about a huge amount of armour. In fact I'm using a 6-L Ornate Ringmail that I picked up for 25c. I see a few on Poe.Trade right now for 20-25c as well. Grab one of those, roll some life and a res or two on it, and smash everything in sight.

Gems/Links
6-L: Earthquake - Increased Critical Strikes - Melee Physical Damage - Less Duration - Stun - Increased AoE/Conc Effect

4-Link: Blood Magic-Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Fortify
4-link: Ancestral Warchief-Increased Critical Strikes-Bloodlust-Melee Physical Damage

3-link: Immortal Call (lvl 20) – Increased Duration - Faster Casting

2-link: Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark

Singles: Herald of Ash - Summon Ice Golem - Blood Rage - Vaal Haste - Enduring Cry

Now you don't need to use Herald of Ash, I just like the clear speed it brings. You could instead run a defensive/offensive aura instead. On top of that, there is room to run Arctic Armour for even more defensibility, but you'll need to make some mana regen up somewhere as you don't want to have to carry around an emergency mana flask (maybe you do, I dunno. I won't judge you a lot. Just a little). Arctic Armour will definitely be helpful.

Videos
Last edited by Baldersh on Sep 2, 2016, 6:34:18 PM
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2016, 6:32:54 PM
Pretty cool build! I'm using almost the same itemization as you but as Assassin and with BoR for a hat, the Breath/Death's is a very nice combo. Breath has SUCH high damage per hit for a 1-hander. I bet your build is tankier than mine ha.

One thing I'll say is, the guide is a bit wordy/paragraph-y. Throw in some bulleted lists or something, I can't read ten words in a row without... wait what was I talking about?
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by Chris0au on Aug 31, 2016, 5:35:48 AM
Thanks for sharing this build! It looks really interesting and I'm going to try it out. Could you possibly post some passive leveling trees? I am fairly new to the game so I'm not too experienced in figuring out what passive points I should be investing into first.
Last edited by BigDRaidBoss on Jul 24, 2016, 6:46:51 AM
I lvld a EQ char after my Elementalist - Doomfletch first char...got bored of 2H EQ (too slow for me personally) so I tried LA - Voltaxic Pierce but then I saw your build and just had to try it out on my EQ char - so after a quick round of leeching items from my chars I got it working.
So far very fun char, although I am still not a fan of selfcast IC I might get a CWDT for maps and do the selfacsting on bosses etc.
I´d love to give feedback on Uber-Lab or t9+ Maps but I don´t have access to both of them atm still looking for the last pesky trial of xyz grief or whats it called.
Gear cost me 17c Abys, 5c Breath, 7 Death, 30c 6l, Ring 3c? Amu 4c? - so quite cheap to swap to it from generic EQ build (if you have a voidheart that is)
Rest of the gear is self-found from my other chars :)
Gear

I need to level my gems but with all charges conc and vaal haste i was sitting at ~55k dps
P.S This is one of my first melee chars that I actually enjoy playing after my pre-nerf BoR Wings Dual Strike duelist :) (Not counting my CoC from talisman)

-----

I managed to finally find the last Trial - uber Lab is really easy (atleast today) with this char.
After my first run I searched for argus and the silver keys - and was rewarded :D
Spoiler

Now I can finally get rid of my 9 Trial keys - lets hope for some real $$$ :D
Last edited by Transom on Jul 24, 2016, 1:06:24 PM
how does it go with reflect mobs?
and can it do reflect maps?
"
vasya97 wrote:
how does it go with reflect mobs?
and can it do reflect maps?

Yes you can if you keep IC up 100% of the time otherwise you just 1 shot yourself - so doable but requires 100% attention.
and reflect mobs - i don´t know why but so far I didn´t die to any of the mobs I started attacking without using IC sometimes I forget to check and when I notice it is already too late but then the mob dies and I don´t^^

Edit: I just hit a Act 2 summoner (t9 map) like 5 times and reflected like 2k dmg back to myself

P.S If you like shattering shit - try out Hatred (and turn it off in ele ref maps and maybe use something else)
Last edited by Transom on Jul 24, 2016, 8:04:57 PM
Where are you getting your int from so you can use the scepters? You need 96 int by level 56 and 113 by level 65, but I see only +46 int on your gear plus +30 from passives. That should give 14+46+30 = 90 int. How are you wielding these scepters?

-----

Ah, I see the +24 from the Abyssus. So you're saying I need to get enough +int from gear to put on the scepters, then switch to Abyssus when I can use it. Okay.
Last edited by Graiaule on Jul 25, 2016, 3:30:53 AM
<delete pls>
Last edited by Graiaule on Jul 25, 2016, 3:31:50 AM
Another question -- is there any reason you didn't take the last 2 spots in the Stun Duration passive circle?
Last edited by Graiaule on Jul 25, 2016, 3:30:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info