Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Watch out it is a BEAR!

Hello

Here is a somewhat polished bear trap build for anyone to try out. Good thing is it can also be done rather cheaply too if you sacrifice some damage, which this has build has abundantly.

First you have to go pathfinder obviously. It gives this build mobility, sustain, damage and mitigation unlike any other asc class.

Defense:

5400-5600 hp, nearly max block with rumis, max spell block with saffels, 46% spell dodge, 40% dodge, mind over matter with 600 ish mana, high movement speed, any talisman as amulet depending on opponent, lightning warp as movement skill, chaos res can be brought up with some swaps

Flasks can be anything really.. These are some that I use:

Offence:

The most crucial part about this build are these jewels:

You will want at least 6 of these, preferably nearly perfect ones. These make it so that your bear traps become sort of homing missiles. My char has 273% trap trigger radius as an example.

Im using a level 26 bear trap but this build performs very well with just a lvl ~23 bear as well. The damage per hit might even be a bit too big against some opponents with my setup. I've actually been considering changing empower to a blue support gem to counter some opponents. Current tooltip is 19k average damage (without ele overload).

6link bear trap: bear, cluster, trapcd, empower, firepen, addedfire (or physicaltolight if you go cheap route)

A big part of this build is temporal chains. You use it with blasphemy+enhance4+incaoe in a +1 item (gloves are the logical spot for this since we really want to use 8%/10% ele pen enchant in our boots)

Proc ele overload with ice spear cwdt like you do with any other build.

Items:

As for items and gems, you can go 2 routes depending how good gear you got. The cheap option is to use physical to lightning support gem paired with a call of the brotherhood and pyre ring (or a cold to fire support gem). All these in combination turn all of your damage to fire properly.

The more expensive (hard to get is a better definition I guess, I paid 4ex for mine) option is to use a sceptre like this

in combination with a 1 chaos chernobog and a saffel swap against spellcasters (ideally you would want both with dmg taken gained as mana corrupts)

The helm is essential. You really need the bear trap enchant in it. Mine cost 15c in phc iirc.

My other items (which are obviously good, but actually of little relevance to the build performance):

passive tree:https://goo.gl/I9DVs0

defence tab:

How to counter: Arctic armour, fire talismans, minions, lightning warp, flame dash
Last edited by lapiz on Feb 27, 2017, 3:16:22 AM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2018, 3:11:42 AM
the good thing about lapiz' builds are when pve try hards read them they understand nothing. and these build guides cant provoke them to copy this build.

thanks for sharing, solid build. health is a bit low and can be a problem vs several builds having such low HP. then again, its good vs very tanky or glass pvp builds for sure.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Very, very dependent on Talisment,

If you're opponent is range Templar, you'll have major problems, Great Vs path / block & dodgers though.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
"
Rupenus wrote:
the good thing about lapiz' builds are when pve try hards read them they understand nothing. and these build guides cant provoke them to copy this build.

thanks for sharing, solid build. health is a bit low and can be a problem vs several builds having such low HP. then again, its good vs very tanky or glass pvp builds for sure.

It's dropped in the pvp section, made for a pvp purpose for pvp interested players. Also it's not that hard to understand really, you got the tree, the items and how to play isn't rocketscience even if many like to write books about how to play their builds
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:

If you're opponent is range Templar, you'll have major problems, Great Vs path / block & dodgers though.

Templars are very very slow, immobile and vulnerable to curses/ailments. I doubt there is a templar that can outlast a pathfinder.

We dueled with fyndel and he couldn't do much. This build can tank his firestorm/spark with potions and well, bear is pretty good vs a blade vortex char
how to you get the currency to respect every dam 2 weeks haha.

Nice build
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Head_Less wrote:
how to you get the currency to respect every dam 2 weeks haha.

Nice build

All poe pvp trees (pathfinder start, end up in mind over matter one way or another) look almost the same and I'm using mostly same items.. For this build I had to get the helm, few unique jewels and the sceptre -.-

I have to thank Leo as well, he has brodealt me many many regrets
"
lapiz wrote:
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:

Templars are very very slow, immobile and vulnerable to curses/ailments. I doubt there is a templar that can outlast a pathfinder.

We dueled with fyndel and he couldn't do much. This build can tank his firestorm/spark with potions and well, bear is pretty good vs a blade vortex char

Interesting, very very interesting indeed.

However, May I point out some, unsung irony though, Everybody here, unfathomably dispise EA shotgun aoe "Abuse" in their words, however, Firestorm, Iw, Ice shot, LA and Beartrap aoe shotguns are classed as "okay" no problem bro category.

It's just kinda funny that's all :)

That said, We're supposed to get t values/ shotgun fw fix etc etc etc, I wonder where it'll end up as.

e/

You know? It's actually nice seeing new builds springing up, however, I still find pvp right now, to be rather boring? It's just however dies to 1 shot first, Which ever skill bypass dodge/ block or have the fastest, damage automation, without human reaction speed wins, (orb winter/ HoT etc). (although, Poe overall is becoming dull Pvp & Pve)

With everyone being op, since 2.0, I've noticed the power gap of players has become a lot smaller though, and Sarn arena has... somewhat have been getting more players than pre 2.0.

If we have real support, bigger player base, more game modes/ some kind of rewards, I'd be sooooo happy. Although, I lack any sort of faith in ggg anymore.

e/

Lastly, I'd like to mention, my personal distaste for Ggg's inner defense mechanics? It could just be my ele bias, however, elemental conversion amulets are a dumb and I personally hate them, I ran some tests, recently, 50% of conversion makes the player 40% more tanky, if math is right, 100% is like 80% which is insane, 80+ if when you only need to max 2 out of the 3 elements without counting CI/ chaos or glitter shield/ other avoid mechanics (Aquamarine).

Or those Anti bleed items, like blood grip & those new boots, no dot when moving, or complete immunity, It's really quite dumb, swapping 1 item to cancel out someones else's entire build.

But then again, block/ dodge path exist, and 100% pen Templars.

Pen works too well, and Res means so little due to hard res cap & how there's a distinctive lack of elemental protection mechanics at all, Just take a look at endurance charge, those fucking thing gives, 4% additional res, When physical is a 4% reduction.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Jul 23, 2016, 6:18:49 AM
"
"
Rupenus wrote:

It's dropped in the pvp section, made for a pvp purpose for pvp interested players. Also it's not that hard to understand really, you got the tree, the items and how to play isn't rocketscience even if many like to write books about how to play their builds

it is actually. do you know Hearthstone? I very rarely play that shitty game. i give you an example from that game. There is a gg deck cakked Miracle rogue. Miracle Rogue deck list is just there, in decklist sharing websites. You can check and copy it. You can get all the cards with $. It is considered as one of the best tournament decks and with right card draws it is probably strongest deck.
In the hands of an inexperienced player you cant even beat the basic decks, you cant even handle rush decks, and control decks can totally crush you. All these build guides in pvp section are ''DECKLIST''s. Who plays with those ''cards'' matter. having the right cards dont make you the best player. Having the right setups and skills dont make you either. Some builds dont require skill at all, like HoT builds. some require only a bit... but you know what i mean generally... you see the picture.

When you give bear trap to a pve guy, he'd say 'what if my target wont ever come to me' or 'what if somebody one shots me from distance while im approaching?' etc. they can generate like 10+ questions like that and totally paralyze their mind & reasoning. all those questions they have, the lack of experience pool in pvp makes them confused and they get katathonic & autistic in the end.

tons of pve players, since you've gone come to arena with their trapper builds, and sneak to one point like an autistic child and put their fingers to D button and wait. thats the best they can do. some do better but, some do get even more autisetic but in the end their skill level and experience pool dont allow them to act freely and build a game.

All the guys who tried to interprete my build and get their own, they mostly wait in the middle of sarn arena and right click to red targets. thats the best they can offer with such knowledge.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jul 23, 2016, 6:07:33 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
"
Rupenus wrote:

it is actually. do you know Hearthstone? I very rarely play that shitty game. i give you an example from that game. There is a gg deck cakked Miracle rogue. Miracle Rogue deck list is just there, in decklist sharing websites. You can check and copy it. You can get all the cards with $. It is considered as one of the best tournament decks and with right card draws it is probably strongest deck.
In the hands of an inexperienced player you cant even beat the basic decks, you cant even handle rush decks, and control decks can totally crush you. All these build guides in pvp section are ''DECKLIST''s. Who plays with those ''cards'' matter. having the right cards dont make you the best player. Having the right setups and skills dont make you either. Some builds dont require skill at all, like HoT builds. some require only a bit... but you know what i mean generally... you see the picture.

When you give bear trap to a pve guy, he'd say 'what if my target wont ever come to me' or 'what if somebody one shots me from distance while im approaching?' etc. they can generate like 10+ questions like that and totally paralyze their mind & reasoning. all those questions they have, the lack of experience pool in pvp makes them confused and they get katathonic & autistic in the end.

tons of pve players, since you've gone come to arena with their trapper builds, and sneak to one point like an autistic child and put their fingers to D button and wait. thats the best they can do. some do better but, some do get even more autisetic but in the end their skill level and experience pool dont allow them to act freely and build a game.

All the guys who tried to interprete my build and get their own, they mostly wait in the middle of sarn arena and right click to red targets. thats the best they can offer with such knowledge.

That's when experience comes to play, the more you play the better you get. Not like poepvp is too much skilldependent either way :p
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info