Another tiny rant from me, this time, more logical.

"Shitty" uniques? I offer thee Geofri's Sanctuary, my absolute number 1 body armour for templars. It's just so good imo... but nobody uses it because it's outperformed by high tier rares.
Another... underused? yeah, let's go with that... unique I love is rearguard. Makes leveling rangers or bow builds in general MUCH easier.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

This flask when it come out people jokingly called it "Shavs in a Bottle"

Then i found one and just so happened to be running a Hybrid build and very quickly found the real use for such a flask.. If you use it with a life pot on a hybrid build its basically a really nice ES flask since whatever life is taken is regen to your ES over 2 seconds which if you have quite a bit of life is ALOT.

I always try to see the point in Uniques. I always think there has to be a reason for this unique.. The makers had to have some sort of idea in mind for it. Even the ones that look so terrible. About the only one ive not been able to come up with anything on is Veil of the Night... That one still has me stumped to this day other than it being a challenge unique. In otherwords you see how much content you can actually complete while wearing this item or something.

And i pretty much have a copy of just about every unique in the game with the exception of a few of the uber atziri uniques. Ive always kept every unique i find and once i have more than 2 then and only then do i begin to vendor if its a niche one no one including myself really uses.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 23, 2016, 8:47:50 AM
"
Demonoz wrote:

This flask when it come out people jokingly called it "Shavs in a Bottle"

Then i found one and just so happened to be running a Hybrid build and very quickly found the real use for such a flask.. If you use it with a life pot on a hybrid build its basically a really nice ES flask since whatever life is taken is regen to your ES over 2 seconds which if you have quite a bit of life is ALOT.

I always try to see the point in Uniques. I always think there has to be a reason for this unique.. The makers had to have some sort of idea in mind for it. Even the ones that look so terrible. About the only one ive not been able to come up with anything on is Veil of the Night... That one still has me stumped to this day other than it being a challenge unique. In otherwords you see how much content you can actually complete while wearing this item or something.

And i pretty much have a copy of just about every unique in the game with the exception of a few of the uber atziri uniques. Ive always kept every unique i find and once i have more than 2 then and only then do i begin to vendor if its a niche one no one including myself really uses.

veil of the night + gluttony of elements + self temp chain + immortal call + ci juggernaut = immune to everything ..... There you go a build around veil of the night
Most are shit uniques which players have a hard time vendoring and they end up having to buy stash tabs to store them. Working as intended.
To me, and to many of us, uniques are just a way to keep track of progress. The grail of stashing one of each unique dates back to Diablo 1... possibly earlier. Finding a unique that you've never even heard of is kind of fun. The reason you've never heard about it? It probably isn't all that used.

Rejoice in one of two things: You've found another unique -or- It wasn't a one socketed white item that you completely ignored.
GGG should reconsider their approach on unique items

Unique are suppose to be legendary items that made their mark in history from the power they gave to who was using them or from what their owner did with it. Successful weapon/plans/etc is what history is written with, not fails.

I strongly doubt that Kaom would have use Kaom's sign when he clearly could have use an Onion ring and it would have been better
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jul 23, 2016, 10:10:35 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
GGG should reconsider their approach on unique items

Unique are suppose to be legendary items that made their mark in history from the power they gave to who was using them or from what their owner did with it. Successful weapon/plans/etc is what history is written with, not fails.

I strongly doubt that Kaom would have use Kaom's sign when he clearly could have use an Onion ring and it would have been better

Perhaps he wore the sign to prove he didn't need the onion.
Uniques should be items that give you ~unique~ changes to your build. Generally have some negative effect to them. Forcing you to accept that and try to build around it. Or perhaps some to be used for leveling purposes.

90% of all the uniques in this game are garbage.

As far as the meta goes.. the meta is what you make of it. I'm not sure why it matters, this game isn't competitive. So play it at your own pace. Do whatever you feel like doing. Their will always be the top tier skills at any given time. Doesn't mean you need to use them.
I just play what I feel like playing and mosey around the tree picking up what I think will help me at the time. I go back later and tweak and all that. but mostly I just wander the tree.
"
Second of all, Every unique can be useful

bahaha
90% of uniques in this game is pure shit and no semantics discussion will change this fact
GGG is very good at designing content and pretty horrible at balancing it
Last edited by raxleberne on Jul 23, 2016, 3:54:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info