Another tiny rant from me, this time, more logical.

Goodevening everyone! So, today, my rant will be about uniques... and players, so, both uniques, and players >_>

So, i have a few friends who say "that unique sucks, vendor it" and, as an avid theorycrafter who, much like many other theorycrafters, likes trying to make wacky builds work... So, when someone says "oh, that unique is so bad now" or "omg that unique is vendor-worthy" it kinda breaks my heart, and for 2 reasons.

- First of all, because GGG spent time and effort making that unique item, with different mechanics, different 3D art, and overall to just add content... i love GGG, they're an amazing company, sure, they make questionable decisions, but they have made me more optimistic about things after every unique release.

- Second of all, Every unique can be useful, i dont care if its those... "wretched shackles" or Veil... It's my goal to make builds with every unique... but the problem is, the meta.. everyone wants to do the meta, EQ, CA, CoC, Shield Charge (I think is still viable?)...

What happened to Path of Exile, i understand that there are meta's for every game, but you literally have the largest skill tree in any ARPG at your disposal, and you all (i mean you all as in, most of you... sorry) follow the same pathlines, juggernaught with 11 end charges, ezmode tank, its getting boring seeing so many of these builds around, being popular.

I made a build for a friend, because he sort of requested it... i gave him my Perandus Sunder build, (using Slayer as an ascendant) which works perfectly fine, its not OP, its not UP, its just good... and he hated the fuck out of it because "EQ is better".

Unfortunately, that's the mentality of many players nowadays, they stick to what is best, and, whilst that's great and all, it kinda sucks because i miss the times where everyone had different builds... and those builds were all fun and unique.

Anyway, back to the Uniques, can we please stop saying every unique is bad? surely each unique has a use for a build... in fact, it has been my goal for the past 2 years to make a build using every unique... unfortunately its kinda hard coz, levelling is a pain in the butt, and well, dying and losing 10% life at level 88 sucks major phallic objects.

Peace out exiles! <3
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2016, 2:53:34 AM
I have around 11 stash tabs of uniques. I see some value in almost all of them.
"
Qiox wrote:

yis! i like you :3
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
nowadays

xD you think it was different in the past? hahahah

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 23, 2016, 4:44:21 AM
"
i miss the times where everyone had different builds...

Man what are u smoking?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
This is why it's useful to define your terms at the outset. To a lot of people 'bad' means 'worse than the meta builds'. And that's a pretty reasonable definition. You're using a different definition. For you 'can be useful = not bad'.
You'd be best served to stop worrying about how other people enjoy the game and just play it the way you want. Your friend has different goals than you do, so saves different items. Great. Let him. Enjoy collecting your uniques.
if you have fun playing with shitty uniques clearing a map 10 times longer go for it noone stops you

autoherald is a good example of underused shitty uniques creating a t12+ viable build

sadly many wacky builds suck once you hit maps

reason jugger is so popular is it just shits on the whole labdesign 11-12 charges 1000+ lifereg lets you just ignore traps
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
It's not because the uniques are bad, it's just because they have a niche use, and supply exceed demand for those uniques.

All uniques would be valuable if they made them rare enough.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:

yis! i like you :3

Well, you're gonna love me, because I have 27 stash tabs for Uniques (yes, TWENTY-SEVEN).
I only vendor any particular Unique if a) I need space for more, b) I have at least 2 of that 1 remaining, AND c) It has poor stats.

BTW, can anyone tell me when Prophecy league is ending? (and where do you find this info out, I never seem able to find it?)
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info