"Explode nearby corpses" Strongboxes.

So... What does "Nearby" mean, and can you explain me how is it possible that it exploded corpses this far:

Spoiler

Do stairs count like 0 distance, because you move vertically, or why else did those corpses explode? I ran over them carefree, sure that they were far enough to be safe.
/oos
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2016, 6:10:16 PM
"
Xcava86X wrote:
So... What does "Nearby" mean, and can you explain me how is it possible that it exploded corpses this far:

Spoiler

Do stairs count like 0 distance, because you move vertically, or why else did those corpses explode? I ran over them carefree, sure that they were far enough to be safe.

Chain reaction. It blows up a corpse near a player and then keeps going till there is a corpse in some aoe around last detonated one. I had a 40% pack size waterways that got blown up like 3 screens away.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Once had zanas monsters fracture,Packsize, humanoid Gorge. Corpse explosion vent through the whole map
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
It's pretty much a vaal detonate dead cast by the strongbox. If you don't want to get killed instantly, then use a level 1 desecrate to create some low level corpses. They deal laughable damage when detonated and the strongbox can't "use" the corpse detonation again.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
It blows up a corpse near a player and then keeps going till there is a corpse in some aoe around last detonated one.

I spoke with a friend and I figured: those were the nearest corpses.

Lesson learnt: don't play HC if you're sleeping (I couldn't keep myself awake)
/oos
:(

depending on what direction you are closing in on the box, it can offscreen(atleast close to offscreen) you

as a summoner i have been toying with these boxes(can raise 1 corpse at the time) and it seems that they pick one corpse as a target, that is usually the nearest to your character and then just wait until the corpse is destroyed or something else triggers the detonation.

You can trigger it with decoy totem, but sometimes that seems to fail and it leads to a close calls or even death.

They might have a timeout timer, never bothered to check.
d:-D*
If you are especially paranoid, just use Detonate Dead to clear all the corpses near the box. Also, dont instasplatter the mobs the moment they appear, as there is a slight delay before it casts DD and its very easy to splatter yourself if you arent paying attention.
HAIL SATAN!
It's not great to clear all the corpses, since then new corpses will be exploded.

Better to leave some around, then place a totem or minion by the corpses so that the box wastes its explosion trying to kill them.

Also better to use Offerings to clear lots of corpses, since detonate dead is one-at-a-time.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info