Wondering

I wonder how much a "dead" PoE would bring GGG. They should plan on that, because the game will eventually peter out. People will still play it. New people will still join in and want to buy stuff. But they need to face the fact that someday the game will be "dead".

I really hope they put PoE on life support after act V and start a new project. PoE2? Nah... come up with another original idea. Borderlands tried continuing their story and it really got stale. The expansions were fun, but it really lost cohesiveness after a time.

What would everyone like to see GGG come up with next?

Personally, I'd go with attacking the Fallout franchise and come out with an ARPG in a post nuclear world.

Chalk this post up to drunk rambling on the last day of classes... or continue it. Don't care at this point.
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2016, 11:22:47 AM
I don't care what they come out with.

I just hope it is another Isometric ARPG. The market doesn't have enough.

Literally POE and Diablo. Grim Dawn isn't bad...but kinda meh after playing POE. Wolcen/Umbra is trying. Divilian failed. There's always torch light 2...but one can only mod that game soooo much.

Then there is the elusive Lost Ark... which may never come since it's been postponed multiple times over the last 4 years for North America release.

For anyone that doesn't know what Lost Ark is and wants their mind completely blown out of their head:

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQzum0awnI
Last edited by Prizy on Jul 21, 2016, 7:41:15 PM
"

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQzum0awnI
That looks really interesting. Seems it may be a while so GGG has a bit of time to stop screwing their game up.
Adult themed ARPG about pimps and pushers would be my wish. With magic of course.
I always hoped PoE would peter out like a FFXI but I'm not sure if it's as strong of a game.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I hope they really try to push the boundaries of the arpg genre and get the tech they need, not their own engine, to make a great game in the VR space. I'm not sure there would be a point to PoE2 if it ends up only being an engine upgrade. They need to innovate.
I vote fpr a proper MMO, f2p or sub. I'd like to see what these guys come up with when zone/level design is on a grander scale, quest design matters a lot more, and boss/encounter design matters a lot more. I think they'd bring a really fresh take on those things.
Last edited by innervation on Jul 21, 2016, 8:17:14 PM
I'd like a Sci-Fi themed ARPG with similar build complexity and play style as POE.
The answer is always a game inspired by Hellgate London.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I wonder how much a "dead" PoE would bring GGG. They should plan on that, because the game will eventually peter out. People will still play it. New people will still join in and want to buy stuff. But they need to face the fact that someday the game will be "dead".

I really hope they put PoE on life support after act V and start a new project. PoE2? Nah... come up with another original idea. Borderlands tried continuing their story and it really got stale. The expansions were fun, but it really lost cohesiveness after a time.

Personally, I'd go with attacking the Fallout franchise and come out with an ARPG in a post nuclear world.

Chalk this post up to drunk rambling on the last day of classes... or continue it. Don't care at this point.

Honestly i just hope for a PoE2. At least something like that.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

I'd pay for a downloadable, single player and modable version of POE. Hopefully that will be a reality once it "peters out."

Granted, after 10 years of D2 and only playing Laz's mod for a few months, I guess it is not as amazing as the original. But still. I'd like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info