Was anyone watching TYT just now?

Holy shit.
Casually casual.

Last bumped on Jul 29, 2016, 5:53:25 PM
Liberal/Progressive hypocrites that offer no political insight beyond what you could find from am average college sophomore.

(That's a 'no')
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-42A37zxM

Alex Jones is a good troll tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
^"Im not gonna debate" TYT summarized.

EDITED FOR ACCURACY
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 22, 2016, 1:14:51 PM
Was following TYT for a while... until I realized it's just a bunch of regressive leftists, pandering to each other. Usually 4 people sitting behind a desk, pretending to be journalists and agreeing 100% with each other. Right? Right. Right?? RIGHT!!? Total echo-chamber of ideological leftism... -_-

If you want a good political debate on current issues (with guests), that at least tries to be unbiased, then follow The Rubin Report

(Dave Rubin is a "drop-out" from TYT and an actual liberal)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 22, 2016, 7:59:36 AM
"
morbo wrote:
Was following TYT for a while... until I realized it's just a bunch of regressive leftists, pandering to each other. Usually 4 people sitting behind a desk, pretending to be journalists and agreeing 100% with each other. Right? Right. Right?? RIGHT!!? Total echo-chamber of ideological leftism... -_-

If you want a good political debate on current issues (with guests), that at least tries to be unbiased, then follow The Rubin Report

(Dave Rubin is a "drop-out" from TYT and an actual liberal)

Yup. Love Rubin too. I'm always impressed by how much he lets his guests talk, and how he manages to confront the ones he disagrees with in a non-confrontational way. As an example his pod from some weeks ago with Singaporean Amos Yee was excellent in both of these regards. I'd imagine that when doing a pod with a 17 year old, the host would have some expectation that he would do the talking, steer the conversation, or interject counterpoints, but he really just let the kid fly.

Instead of jumping on him about how idiotic his stances were on libel and direct incitement of violence (views of Yee's which will almost certainly mature with time), he allowed Yee to have his moment and let the audience judge for themselves. He's a great host and I hope he continues doing what he's doing for a long time.
"
innervation wrote:
Liberal/Progressive hypocrites that offer no political insight beyond what you could find from am average college sophomore.

(That's a 'no')

hahaha yeah this

the young turks is like watching fox news, it makes me vomit a little
S L O W E R
AiU does his usual nice & articulate ripping on TYT, on the above event.

The Young Turks Throw A Hissy Fit

This guy is spot on on many things he's talking about. But watch out, the channel can cause triggering.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
AiU does his usual nice & articulate ripping on TYT, on the above event.

The Young Turks Throw A Hissy Fit

This guy is spot on on many things he's talking about. But watch out, the channel can cause triggering.

TYT are not professional in a lot of what they do but AiU is just a smug, simple-minded asshat. I've watched a few minutes of the video, and all he basically does is unloading a heap of ad hominem attacks on TYT. Not to mention his self-serving observations, like: When Alex Jones dropped by they looked uncomfortable because he burst their bubble, and they are not used to dissent.

That's a load of crap. Who wouldn't look uncomfortable when doing a show and a loud, obnoxious asshole bursts in.

It's stuff like that that makes AiU unwatchable for me. He continually and habitually misrepresents and misinterprets things so they fit his own agenda. To an extent TYT is guilty of that too, plus in some cases, sloppy research, but only to an extent, and one of the things they don't do is smug, triumphant ad hominem attacks. Essentially they are good people, sometimes idiots, but they mean well. Can't say the same for AiU or Alex Jones.
Last edited by Jojas on Jul 25, 2016, 9:02:27 AM
"
Jojas wrote:
Essentially they are good people, sometimes idiots, but they mean well.

No they aren't. They very biased, far left (for USA), non-journalists, that produce agenda-driven reporting in an unchallenging "safe-space" environment. They are the Fox News for leftists. Except that Fox News are an actual news company.

AiU is sometimes a smug ass, but he has destroyed TYT so many times with arguments, that he can afford to just rip them and still be called more objective.

Alex Jones is a loudmouth conspiracy nutter I don't care about. But that "incident" proved what are TYT guys like in reality, when outside of their safe-space studio & scripted yes-men conversations: arrogant, violent, regressive leftist, that cant control their temper (spitting, body shaming, screaming at people, borderline assault).

Not all of them, ofc, Ben & John were pretty ashamed throughout the whole video... ;)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info