Enchant: 'Adds 1-56 Lightning Damage if you haven't Killed Recently' question

If I'm Ancestral Bond (double totem) and my totems kill mobs, it's not *me* that kills, right? So that enchant would always be in effect? My totems would benefit from it?
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2016, 7:18:18 PM
Correct. Just note, in case it's relevant, that kill attribution is a little funky at the moment in that kills from totem-inflicted DoTs are attributed to you.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jul 21, 2016, 6:11:53 PM
So... If I had Herald of Ash up, and a mob would start burning and dies from the burning dot, I would lose the enchant bonus? :D
"
viperesque wrote:
Correct. Just note, in case it's relevant, that kill attribution is a little funky at the moment in that kills from totem-inflicted DoTs are attributed to you.

It's not even totem inflicted DoTs in general, i believe, it's specifically poison/bleed/ignite caused by totems/traps/mines/not-you. Kills via Searing Bond or Fire Trap's burning ground, for example, will still get credited to the totem/trap (again, if i'm not mistaken... i've used fire traps recently and did not notice losing my '8% elemental penetration if you killed recently' from boots)

"
DiGG wrote:
So... If I had Herald of Ash up, and a mob would start burning and dies from the burning dot, I would lose the enchant bonus? :D

well, in that case... YOU are the only one that can proc HoA's ignite anyway (totems don't proc it, though they benefit from the 15% of phys as extra fire), so that's always going to be "your" damage. So yes, that will disable your enchant, every time.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 21, 2016, 7:09:11 PM
"
DiGG wrote:

As mentioned above, totems can't proc the overkill burn of HoA. And with Ancestral Bond, your HoA can't deal damage. So this isn't a concern in your particular case.

If your totems can cause DoTs, then yes, when those DoTs kill enemies, that would get credited to you, and you would lose the bonus. How to avoid that would depend on what totems you're using and what DoTs are being applied.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info