Path of Exile is Becoming Magic: The Gathering....

I... I just can't be the only fan of both games who didn't notice this the moment they teased the concept art for that statue creature earlier today. Please tell me I'm not.

You can't tell me that the "insanity" mechanic mentioned in the patch is completely unrelated to Emrakul's corruption of Innistrad in Eldritch Moon. Especially after you reveal the shambler statue. I wonder where the hell I've seen a (partially) inanimate object become a horrifying creature resembling merged body parts among the wreckage!?! No, no wait... I remember:

Spoiler

Am I spot on or what does anybody else think?

At least if this is true, you have to step up your game and make the new boss added with this stuff to sound just as epic as Emrakul's card:

Spoiler

It better be freaky deaky looking, have a cool title, and send HC and SC players alike to town crying because their logout macro just isn't enough to withstand the damage (and mental scarring).

Also not sure if this fit better in general or off topic since I do want to know what people think about the possible connections and the game mechanic predictions based off this. I won't be hurt if it ends up in off topic though. Move it if you dare! O.o
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2016, 11:32:47 PM
I will just leave this list here

* Tundra
* Underground Sea
* Badlands
* Taiga
* Savannah
* Scrubland
* Volcanic Island
* Bayou
* Plateau
* Tropical Island
* Underground River

etc etc

But to be on topic, Chris said it is already ingame? So I don't think it is something like that.

Also, my guess would be it is something about Voll and his legacy. Do not mind my guesses.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Jul 21, 2016, 3:07:47 AM
In the Q&A it was mentioned that some of the staff play Magic in the office from time to time. :D

I remember when the "first strike" mechanic was first added. Way too overpowered. It always meant instant win.

I feel like POE has turned into that :(
Either you have first strike and one-shot all the monsters, or they have first strike and one-shot you. Too binary and few tactics left. Sad.

I have not played it since I was in high school. Holy crap, what was that? Ice Age? Just the name of that expansion makes me feel old. Hah!

I am very out of touch with that game now.

"
SudianX wrote:

I remember when the "first strike" mechanic was first added. Way too overpowered. It always meant instant win.

First strike was never "added". It was in Alpha.
"
SudianX wrote:
In the Q&A it was mentioned that some of the staff play Magic in the office from time to time. :D

Either you have first strike and one-shot all the monsters, or they have first strike and one-shot you. Too binary and few tactics left. Sad.

I have not played it since I was in high school. Holy crap, what was that? Ice Age? Just the name of that expansion makes me feel old. Hah!

'First Strike' was an original ability, created with the beginning of Magic.
"
SudianX wrote:

I know that GGG staff were fans of MTG. I mostly made this specifically because of the insanity and the shambler reveal. The fact that the insanity mechanic is apparently always been in the game still makes it sound like Shadows Over Innistrad --> Eldritch Moon. Both Innistrad and Wraeclast are honestly shitty places with their pretty much guaranteed death (ignore how PoE has become easier over the years, thinking lore wise for the average inhabitant).

Essentially, I saw the parallel of both worlds being an honestly shitty place to be with a now tentacly- insanity related threat being added to the mix. Not so much the obvious inspirations of MTG in general on the game. The whole thing about the staff liking MTG I heard way back in open beta so I assumed most people heard it at some point or another after so much play time.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Like MTG, they introduce a new mechanic every new set (or league, in our case)

Unlike MTG, they throw most of those new mechanics away.

I haven't collected or played physical MTG for many years, mostly because my collection as stolen. But back in the Mirrodin block I was infamous at my college for having a rather sadistic artifact-based deck which could steal permanents from my opponent and turn their own deck against them. I called it "The Borg." I still poke my head into the online game and play vs. AI, but I don't really like how much everything has changed.
This is a buff™
So if I have Opalescence in play, and I play Humility, what happens?

What about if I have Humility in play, and play Opalesence?
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Like MTG, they introduce a new mechanic every new set (or league, in our case)

Unlike MTG, they throw most of those new mechanics away.

I haven't collected or played physical MTG for many years, mostly because my collection as stolen. But back in the Mirrodin block I was infamous at my college for having a rather sadistic artifact-based deck which could steal permanents from my opponent and turn their own deck against them. I called it "The Borg." I still poke my head into the online game and play vs. AI, but I don't really like how much everything has changed.

Actually, most MTG mechanics don't get revisited for a few years, unless they are go evergreen, which is much rarer.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
So if I have Opalescence in play, and I play Humility, what happens?

What about if I have Humility in play, and play Opalesence?

Overwrite?

New divination card officially teased

Opalescence

Grants a random unique that counts as a white item.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info