Char to level 90+, end game lab & FUN - sugestions?

Hi there,

while almost at 40/40 now, wanted to play some new char to reach lvl 90+ AND what can do end game lab to get 8 ascendancy points...

Please, share your ideas AND how YOU play your char while not having 10+exa in equipment... No 6L shavs, 6L PoH etc.

I have nice Lvl85 FP witch, now lvl85, but can't do merc lab, she is a glass cannon, 1 mistake and dying to Izaro... 1shot death - not fun - just my 1200 vaal kill char :(

Lvl90 Bladefall trapper - again - get lvl 90 for challenge, do most maps related challenges, but ... boring... did all twinned maps challnges with this one even T15 Abyss solo deathless.

Lvl 83 Earthquake maradeur - now lvling to go do end game lab, but not so fun in maps...

So... what chars you play in endgame? do T10+ maps, do merc/end lab deathless(or just CAN do it), have enough good gear (i can sell stuff and get some ~5ex maybe)? Share your build please :) Will not doing racing, so till September there is a lot time to get new char up to lvl 95+ :D
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2016, 12:26:29 PM
Reach of the council poison assassin clears very fast and is quite fun.
Considering you can steamroll the game in less than 10ex I don't understand why would you need any build suggestions. If you play the same character for long enough/grind then you'll get over 10ex with the character, making the character strictly budget for an indefinite amount of time is kinda pointless.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jul 21, 2016, 2:29:33 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Considering you can steamroll the game in less than 10ex I don't understand why would you need any build suggestions. If you play the same character for long enough/grind then you'll get over 10ex with the character, making the character strictly budget for an indefinite amount of time is kinda pointless.

There is a lot of time till September, next patch - so i want to try out something that is fun and can do end game :) Or, ok, wanted to get some feedback from other players :) But forums now is kind 'dead' too, so...

As many other players, just burn out of PoE, maybe just need a break for some time :)
I'm having a lot of fun with a generically-built Raider bow character (as in, can easily swap between Lightning Arrow, Tornado Shot, Split Arrow, kinda Ice Shot, probably could use any new bow skill that comes out) for a couple years now in Standard (I made it right after Vaal orbs came out, because I bricked an item critical for my then current character, I've linked it at the bottom for fun). It's my go-to standard character and a lot of fun, and the initial investment was literally nothing.

I've been playing Blade Vortex in PSC and it's rather fun, and it seems to scale really well all the way from fresh into the league to the very high end of gear (when the BV assassin I made gets to standard, it's getting turned into LL BV for some really strong clearing).

There's honestly so many options on characters now, and some of the slightly less popular ascendancies (I don't hear a lot of people talking about how great Raider is, for example, even though Avatar of the Chase + Avatar of the Veil is really nice) add a lot of fun, and unless you're trying to make a build that clears T15s as fast as it clears T1s (outside of bosses, generally), the gearing is cheap enough. Just find a skill and an ascendancy that sounds fun to combine and try it out!

Bricked item

Another hint that fun isnt what players aim for during leagues and suddenly realize they're burnt out.

If you want some fun you gotta step out of the meta or stick to it but play something YOU WANTED TO PLAY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Burning Discharge Juggernaut.

You get 5L Realm Ender for 20c, 2xKaom's way for 10C each, Wyrmsign for 1c, Ngamahu tiki for 20-30c (okish rolls, optional but nice damage boost). Rest you fill with resits and life rares. Chest with some armor or Kingsguard for 1c. Jewels get fire damage+area/spell damage+resists.

Discharge setup: Discharge-Fire Pen-Chance To Ignite-Inc Aoe (Conc effect on bosses)-Elem Prolif (Controlled Destruction for bosses)

With this setup you oneshot packs in maps and you just rape Uber Lab with max keys in 10 minutes because 10 endurance charges = permanent Immortal Call so you just facetank both Argus and Izaro. Oh and you also slow/freeze immune and have insane 16% regen so you just run around uber lab ignoring all the traps like they are not there.

When you get some currency from uber lab you can add Kaom's Heart for 7k life and 6L staff for even more damage. If you change you jewels to have life on them you can get up to 8K life with Kaom's

You can check char IngusUnleashed in my profile for more details.
Last edited by Xavyer on Jul 21, 2016, 10:52:26 AM
"
Isdp wrote:
Another hint that fun isnt what players aim for during leagues and suddenly realize they're burnt out.

If you want some fun you gotta step out of the meta or stick to it but play something YOU WANTED TO PLAY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Gotta agree with this, don't play something JUST because it's good...play it because it's good AND fun (that is, if you want to keep from getting burned out).
Last edited by Wruntjunior on Jul 21, 2016, 11:09:48 AM
My Chaos Ek build is fun and kills it in the lab! Cheap too.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692341
I love my Slayer which runs lacerate with the Wings of entropy axe.
Huge fun and quite cheap.
Did Über Izaro on my first attempt. And I play quite casually, got a job which takes priority over gaming...
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info