Stacked Deck Clarification

so much complaint....and still no reaction on forum from GGG ..... WTF ?

i am no horacle but... i bet if the dev decisions stays like all we got from last 6 month and 2.4 is not a REAL HUGE kick in the right direction for end-game.... this game will die in early 2017...

i take the bet.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:46:46 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Just by the current 160 total Cards available, the odds of getting a House of Mirror (assuming no other Cards are worth anything if pulled) would only be ~5c in value per Stacked Deck. So the fact that House of Mirror exists being the main deterrent for making it not flat is dumb.

This is so sad. So sad! Noshei got Charan'd. Only thing left is for GGG to release an easily available flat-chance div card reroll with the next challenge league and Noshei will officially be Charan 2.0.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Just by the current 160 total Cards available, the odds of getting a House of Mirror (assuming no other Cards are worth anything if pulled) would only be ~5c in value per Stacked Deck. So the fact that House of Mirror exists being the main deterrent for making it not flat is dumb.

You're viewing the problem completely wrong.

GGG balances divination card rarity and drop location around how common they want the items they give to be. You can't say "that's only a 5 chaos value" when the problem is that Mirrors, Headhunters, and so on will become more common, not that the chaos value of particular items on the market will change.

GGG doesn't want things like Headhunter, Mortal Hope, Mirror of Kalandra, and so on to become significantly more common due to how that would affect the game, so they would have to set the drop rates of flat chance Lucky Decks to maintain close to the current balance. This would mean that Lucky Deck divination cards, while very rare now, would instead become so rare that, for most players, they might as well not exist.
"
Jennik wrote:
This would mean that Lucky Deck divination cards, while very rare now, would instead become so rare that, for most players, they might as well not exist.

Ummm... Something tells me that most people will not know they exist. Especially if they don't browse reddit or this forum.

"
Phrazz wrote:
Run 26 of the required maps since patch. 0 Lucky Decks. Let's say I'll find one in my next map. Number 27. Then I have 1/9 cards. Will bring me close to 250 maps. Who the hell runs 250 level 7 maps? Biased, I know, but still...

No, all hail the economy. Buy everything. Fun!

The only thing about this that may be decent is that it gives players that get "stuck" in mid tier maps something to look forward too lol. "I can't seem to drop anything above T10...but hey...at least I got this 1/9 lucky deck card."

Last edited by Prizy on Jul 20, 2016, 1:18:21 PM
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
bla bla economy is the most important thing
bla bla we must protect the economy
bla bla yes we understand that economy is a constantly changing landscape
bla bla it can change, but only in ways we want it
bla bla doesnt matter if people leave in droves as long as we protect our skewed version of economy
bla bla even if we cheat one of our staunchest supporter out of his hard earned $$$
Hype followed by despair followed by disillusionment followed by anger is the current trend/rotation when it comes to GGG decisions.

I am almost done with this game, glory of the past leagues still gives me hope... fingers crossed but hope is almost all gone

What happened to ENDLESS ENDGAME, give us all of the tools(orbs) and give us endless(read 100 tiers) of maps. Let us go insane, i lvl 500 with harder and harder enemies..

Loot explosions and constantly upgrading gear is what is awesome in an ARPG.
Focus on adding more content and increase the rates of everything.
The vision where you balance the game according to the total population and 1% who have the time to own it all is boring for most of us. And the carrot we were chasing is not a carrot anymore. We cant see it, let alone get it.

Balancing the game around market values/player base/alt+f4 mechanics is getting old really fast.

Sorry for your loss supporter, i hope you are not feeling too terrible about wasting those monies.

u got it dude...the point is :they realy lost control of the game with all the shitty adds and choices they made since 2.0....and they are tryin' everything to turn it back except the right way : give the best players the best challenges...!!!! and let us the possibility to try it often,even if it is nearly impossible....(with realy great reward like atziri and uber was in begining)!!! that would make a huge emulation in the game.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
after reading pretty 'inflated' threads where you explained the design process and shared the hype about being able to design a new 'currency' i have to be honest:

this entire item you have paid for 1k usd is pretty.. meh

you get CARDs -> you get CURRENCY to finally turn it in for -> CARD

why all this hassle? why is that currency even needed? currency that does one thing? currency that is consumed on use? it isnt a currency - it is a divination card

this is one of the worst designs since cast on crit gem. not because it does what Gambler does (and most probably Gambler is still better: check the RED vs YELLOW maps. reds give more xp per unit but yellows are far better for levelling) but because it is all hot air

currency created for the sake of being 'different'. currency that is literally a Div Card but with the bonus it can occupy the slot in currency tab.

i wont comment if it was worth 1k usd.. if you are happy - im happy with you.
but the history will judge this item and it wont be gentle.
"
sidtherat wrote:

It was made a currency because it better simulates the tension of drawing one and one card from a deck. When you turn in the Lucky Deck you get a "deck of ten cards" to draw from. One and one. Without the "hassle" of an NPC.

We can say what we will about the drop rate and restrictions, but the idea itself is pretty neat for every card collector out there. And I think there's a lot of them out there - we all know Chris is one of them.

But, yeah, the restriction on these cards is awful. "NO ONE" runs enough T7 maps to get a full stack of Lucky Deck.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jul 20, 2016, 2:17:13 PM
There is the fact that the currency has to be rolled into a card.

So you could take the currency into dried lake and roll all of your currency there for a better chance at brittle emporer.

Gambler card = completely random card
Stacked Deck = random card that rolls with normal drop rates in an area.

So I would rather have 10 stacked deck than 10 gambler. Especially if i'm looking for a specific card.

I still think they are going to make this card so rare that it won't be useful...and it's stuck in T7's which i literally spend 2-3 hours total ever running on new characters.

I dunno. It's not a complete waste...but it is something that is non-intuitive to new players. Even if a new player gets these stacked decks they will most like just open them right away in town...meaning they probably won't get the higher chance at specific cards in areas. This would have to be specifically explained somewhere...but we all know how great the tutorials in this game are.
I didn't read all these pages but do you think the idea of making it drop in t7 maps was on purpose? These are well known hated maps. No one EVER picks a t7 map as their fave. EVER.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info