Stacked Deck Clarification

"Lucky Deck" is the Divination Card.
You turn in a stack of 9 of those to Tasuni, he gives you back 10 "Stacked Decks", each one of those is a consumable item, i.e. a currency.
It *seems* that using this currency would just give you a random Div. Card, hence my point above. But this is where things are still unclear for me so maybe there's more to it.

Btw, GGG devs stated multiple times that internally all Divination Cards ARE currency items (which probably means that they are instances of the Currency class), so we're kinda going in circles here...;-p

But you're also right about the fact that there is yet another new currency coming up, as hinted by Chris in the latest Q&A
Last edited by Bebekija on Jul 20, 2016, 4:38:26 AM
"
Bebekija wrote:
The thing I really can't wrap my head around though, is why they would ever need to create a currency to do just that?

It's partly a thematic thing. A stack of Stack Decks represents an entire booster worth of unknown cards, and using them represents flipping the cards over one by one. There's also the functional aspect where they're giving the player a single item that takes up one space in Tasuni's interface instead of trying to find a functional way to give players 50 Gambler cards, which would still require a needlessly high amount of Tasuni interactions.
Last edited by Jennik on Jul 20, 2016, 4:42:42 AM
Can't we just make it even rarer and those 10 stacked deck will always give 7 badish cards, 2 good, and 1 rare or super rare?
Like an actual booster pack?
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.
"
Jennik wrote:
"
Bebekija wrote:
The thing I really can't wrap my head around though, is why they would ever need to create a currency to do just that?

It's partly a thematic thing. A stack of Stack Decks represents an entire booster worth of unknown cards, and using them represents flipping the cards over one by one.

That makes sense actually.
Still not something that would appeal much to me though, but to each their own...

"
Jennik wrote:
There's also the functional aspect where they're giving the player a single item that takes up one space in Tasuni's interface instead of trying to find a functional way to give players 50 Gambler cards, which would still require a needlessly high amount of Tasuni interactions.

Yep, I can totally imagine the reactions if the "Lucky Deck" card had read "50 gambler cards" instead.....
But then again people are always mad about something, aren't they?
initial idea was good, current implementation is like it doesnt exist.
It's 100 % like gambler card, it may provide better card in average but it will be rare as fuck... At the end I don't give a fuck about a card that give 5x more chance to get a better card compared to Gambler if it's 5x rarer.
Sorry but it's fully useless, Gambler already exists.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 20, 2016, 4:51:40 AM
"
Can't we just make it even rarer and those 10 stacked deck will always give 7 badish cards, 2 good, and 1 rare or super rare?
Like an actual booster pack?

That would be both super cool, and even more in line with OP's inspiration. It would have to be perpetually adjusted based on the economy. It would also be a shifting threshold as to what qualifies as the rare/super tier. It could be done, but would need regular attention, not something teams really love if they don't need it.
i got problems with the wording regarding the weighting: what's the difference between

- flat chance
- normal weighting
- modified weighting

what i think it means is:

flat is randomly drawing cards, normal weighting is mostly giving low usage cards with a small chance of getting a good card and modified weighting is some secret algorithm defining the rarity of the cards?

edit:
thx innervation, so i wasn't that far off
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 20, 2016, 5:50:45 AM
"
vio wrote:
i got problems with the wording regarding the weighting: what's the difference between

- flat chance
- normal weighting
- modified weighting

what i think it means is:

flat is randomly drawing cards, normal weighting is mostly giving low usage cards with a small chance of getting a good card and modified weighting is some secret algorithm defining the rarity of the cards?

Flat means if there are 100 unique divination cards, 1 copy of each gets put into a bag, and you draw one out at random - A perfect 1 in 100 chance.

Normal weighting means as the drop chance of cards is currently in the game. So if 'Her Mask' has a droprate of once per map, which we can express numerically as 1/1, and The Doctor has a drop rate of once per ten thousand Springs, which we can express numerically as 1/10,000, and House of Mirrors has a drop rate of once per 100,000 maps, or 1/100,000.

The amount of cards put in the bag in this case would be equal to the total amount of cards that would drop if you ran enough maps to get 1 copy of the rarest card (on average), so in this example 100,000. So we put 1 House of Mirrors in the bag, 10 The Doctor, 100,000 Her Mask, 100,000 Gambler, etc etc. Your odds of getting a House of Mirrors under this circumstance is about nil, but if it is done 10 million times, someone will get one.

Modified weighting is any non-flat odds that starts with normal weighting, then modifies your chances to some degree of getting a rare card to your favor. To continue the bag example, imagine GGG decrees under this system 'for any card that would go in the bag less than 20 times, multiply how many copies we put in the bag by X'. Since X could be anything, 'weighted' is fuzzy. If X is 2, that's not very impressive, and is pretty close to normal weighting. If X is 200, that's better, but that's still only 200 House of Mirror cards compared to 100,000 Her Mask.

So under this system you get rare cards more often, but your expectation for any one use of Stacked Deck would still be, on average, bad. But still better than a Gambler!
Last edited by innervation on Jul 20, 2016, 5:23:42 AM
ty for fucking things up as always
So much Potential then this feel sry for the cardcreator

Nonne want s a gambler 2.0

Wouldnt be the first time ggg fucks over a Supporter creation and not the last
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info