Stacked Deck Clarification

i have an idea for your stacked cards but kinda too late to implement.

stacked cards are changed back to how it originally was (need to claim from oyun)

card stack size is 30. using the stacked cards currency gives you 5 cards, 4 of which will have "equal weightage" while 1 has a "higher top tier weightage" or "equal weightage for only top tier divination cards". since you said you were inspired by mtg boosters this is the closest i can think of that can reflect the cracking of a mtg booster.

guaranteed rare, the rest are uncommons/common but could be rare/shiny
[Removed by Support]
sometimes i wanna be a mouse in one of ggg's design decicion meetings ...

m(

edit: facepalm because of the lacking communication process.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 20, 2016, 4:12:26 AM
"
Jennik wrote:
I really like what GGG originally did here. It was a fantastic implementation of your "Magic booster pack" idea.

With their implementation, you'd get the Lucky Deck card, trade it in for a "pack" of divination cards, and basically pull divination cards out of the pack one by one. That was thematic and cool.

Now, with the changes, we have negligibly different Gambler cards dropping everywhere. That's not very thematic or cool, and it detracts from the unique mechanic that GGG created for you in the first place.

I don't understand why you were unhappy with what they did. You had one of the most interesting supporter additions to the game yet, and then you went and made it worse.

Edit: It's probably not too late to ask GGG to stick with their implementation. Why do you want more Gamblers dropping everywhere when it's just going to detract from the uniqueness of cracking a booster pack of divination cards? I think everything you've written about this so far may have poisoned people to whatever GGG does, but it might still be possible to salvage this.

I feel really sorry for GGG here. They did something great, but you managed to make them look bad anyway.

I don't think you actually understand what happened. The cool and thematic version with equal weighting is what noshei wanted and was told would be made. The shitty gambler card: the currency is what ggg instead added to the game without telling him beforehand.
"
Dawnmayr wrote:
I don't think you actually understand what happened. The cool and thematic version with equal weighting is what noshei wanted and was told would be made. The shitty gambler card: the currency is what ggg instead added to the game without telling him beforehand.

No, I understand the scenario and accurately described it. Equal weighting, while cool, would make this so absurdly rare due to cards like The Doctor and House of Mirrors that Lucky Deck would essentially never drop. The slightly modified Gambler card is what we got after Noshei complained about the actual good idea that GGG implemented.
"
Jennik wrote:
"
Dawnmayr wrote:

No, I understand the scenario and accurately described it. Equal weighting, while cool, would make this so absurdly rare due to cards like The Doctor and House of Mirrors that Lucky Deck would essentially never drop. The slightly modified Gambler card is what we got after Noshei complained about the actual good idea that GGG implemented.

They flat out lied to noshei about it actually being interesting and made it identical to gambler isntead, now we get a slightly better gambler. i dont get how you think ggg made a good decision anywhere that noshei "ruined".
"
Dawnmayr wrote:
They flat out lied to noshei about it actually being interesting and made it identical to gambler isntead, now we get a slightly better gambler.

Oh my.

First, a lie is something knowingly false said to someone in order to mislead them. GGG almost certainly did not do this. There was some amount of miscommunication. Did someone at GGG forget to inform Noshei of changes they made? Did an email get lost? Did Noshei misunderstand something a person from GGG said? We don't know, but it's ridiculous to claim that GGG lied here.

Second, you are incorrect about what GGG did. They made a pack of cards that gave regular divination cards at regular drop rates. They did not modify the drop rates until Noshei complained after Lucky Deck was released. That is when GGG made Stacked Deck drop in the world and modified it to be a negligibly different Gambler.
So... it will just be 10 div cards dropped at once? And with weightning it means mostly shit like scholars, her masks, gamblers and so on? Not excited at all, sorry.
"
Jennik wrote:
Now, with the changes, we have negligibly different Gambler cards dropping everywhere. That's not very thematic or cool,

Maybe Noshei can confirm...you can farm these now, and still get the updated functionality when they patch this in the future as per the OP right?

Second, again @OP. When you say 'future patch' do you mean hotfix next week, or in 2.4+ months from now?
It seems GGG fixated on the idea of "opening an MTG booster pack" above anything else. (And THAT is what Jennik is referring to as a thematic and cool idea)
And indeed, when you open a TCG card pack, the odds are what they are, the crap is super common, and the good cards are super rare, just like div Cards in this game.

So they never saw a reason to change the odds to be slightly more in favour of the player, nor to have it drop in the open world, since the "Lucky Deck" stack IS the booster pack equivalent.

The thing I really can't wrap my head around though, is why they would ever need to create a currency to do just that?
Unless there's something I'm completely missing, as we speak, a single "stacked deck" item is functionally just a set of 5 gambler cards.
So they spent some time and built some hype over what is in the end (until next patch anyway) just a new "skin" for a stack of The Gambler??....!?

"
Bebekija wrote:
why they would ever need to create a currency to do just that?

stacked deck isn't the new currency chris announced. it's a divination card, an item currency item.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 20, 2016, 4:48:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info