Stacked Deck Clarification

Why would we need another gambler card? Sounds like you wasted your money. But I know how you feel, I bought supporter packs and got Path of labyrinth.
Last edited by jasonbgnh on Jul 20, 2016, 2:35:42 AM
so,it is absolutely useless...very sorry for u, u just spend money to get some hope and fall into "no-balls" GGG philosophy.... at ur place,something would be broken ....

it is long time i ain't got anymore expectations from new adds in that game,my playing time is less than 20% than 1 year before.... hope u 'll still find some pleasure in wraeclast.....

learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
RIP, stacked deck.

RIP, GGG balance team.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
"
H4xolotl wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
It currently uses normal weighting to determine the divination card.

so it is exactly like gambler card?

yep which means its absolute trash

player make unique item idea
developer see this great idea and give oportunity to player to help design it into game
developer proceed to make another gambling card

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 20, 2016, 2:40:45 AM
So, lucky deck can only be obtained from tier 7 maps? How fucking awesome. Well at least stacked deck will drop in other areas as well, but let me guess, at same chance as getting headhunter card? Oh and it is same as gambler card set with a small chance to obtain a little bit better cards? How fucking better? 0,00001%? Thanks for another trash item, your money well spent. I think you should charge back.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Last edited by Manator on Jul 20, 2016, 3:06:59 AM
"
This is exponentially (I mean this in math terms) better than normal weighting it is currently using.

Could you clarify a bit more in mathematical terms? How is the exponential function used in the formula for the probability or in the formula for whatever variable you use to measure what's better?

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I though they made a new currency item, but instead we got another gambler card.
Awesome, nice way of spending a 1k on .... (you get the picture)

Anyway, i hope OP is happy with it, cause I would be kicking myself in the ballz
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
my first thought when i read the first post of the other thread ("stacked deck"):

no way GGG is going to allow this!

turns out i was right.

also regarding the changes that might be made. the more the outcome of the card gets equally weighted the less it will be obtainable.

divination cards were never meant to be a "fun" addition to the game (and they showed this with jack in the box). they are just here as stash tab fillers.
"
Noshei wrote:

About 2 hours ago, I found out that the information I had about how Stacked Deck functioned was incorrect. Unfortunately there was some miscommunication about how parts of Stacked Deck functioned.

Oh man, I feel so bad for you. Spending all that cash, just to have it turn into a slightly different gambler card. Honestly, just try and get your cash back and have the item removed. Nobody will mind I'm sure. Buy a nice pc instead or so.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
I really like what GGG originally did here. It was a fantastic implementation of your "Magic booster pack" idea.

With their implementation, you'd get the Lucky Deck card, trade it in for a "pack" of divination cards, and basically pull divination cards out of the pack one by one. That was thematic and cool.

Now, with the changes, we have negligibly different Gambler cards dropping everywhere. That's not very thematic or cool, and it detracts from the unique mechanic that GGG created for you in the first place.

I don't understand why you were unhappy with what they did. You had one of the most interesting supporter additions to the game yet, and then you went and made it worse.

Edit: It's probably not too late to ask GGG to stick with their implementation. Why do you want more Gamblers dropping everywhere when it's just going to detract from the uniqueness of cracking a booster pack of divination cards? I think everything you've written about this so far may have poisoned people to whatever GGG does, but it might still be possible to salvage this.

I feel really sorry for GGG here. They did something great, but you managed to make them look bad anyway.
Last edited by Jennik on Jul 20, 2016, 3:34:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info