Stacked Deck Clarification

So, the last 2 hours have been a huge roller coaster for me.

About 2 hours ago, I found out that the information I had about how Stacked Deck functioned was incorrect. Unfortunately there was some miscommunication about how parts of Stacked Deck functioned.

Over the past 2 hours I've been working with GGG, and even directly with Chris Wilson to get everything sorted.

So here is how Stacked Deck currently functions:
Stacked Deck does NOT drop in the world, it is only obtainable from the Lucky Deck divination card.
Stacked Deck does NOT use a flat chance when determining the divination card you get when it is used. It currently uses normal weighting to determine the divination card.

As I mentioned I've worked with Chris to come to a satisfactory compromise as I was very surprised to learn this is how Stacked Deck functioned.

Stacked Deck's functionality will be changed to this in a coming patch:
Stacked Deck will drop in the world, though at a lower drop rate than what Lucky Deck drops in the zones it can drop in.
Stacked Deck will use a modified weighting to determine which divination card you get when using it. This is exponentially (I mean this in math terms) better than normal weighting it is currently using. To clarify, this means that you have much better chances of getting good cards than if it were weighted with the normal weighting, but it's not entirely flat.

GGG may make further changes, I discussed a few more with them, but the above changes are the only ones I know of for sure.
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2017, 4:13:53 AM
Thank you for the design and your hard work!
I feel like there's some irony regarding the upcoming change you mentioned. People were complaining previously (when it was thought to be a flat chance) that the mechanic didn't feel "stacked". Does anyone else think it will feel a lot more stacked with the new, more favourable weightings, even though they would still presumably be a lot worse than the flat chance?
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
Noshei wrote:

Stacked Deck will drop in the world, though at a lower drop rate than what Lucky Deck drops in the zones it can drop in.
Stacked Deck will use a modified weighting to determine which divination card you get when using it. This is exponentially (I mean this in math terms) better than normal weighting it is currently using. To clarify, this means that you have much better chances of getting good cards than if it were weighted with the normal weighting, but it's not entirely flat.

GGG may make further changes, I discussed a few more with them, but the above changes are the only ones I know of for sure.

So another gambler ResidentSleeper. Wish the div card was rare and currency drop was more common.
Last edited by TheCreatek on Jul 20, 2016, 1:47:11 AM
"
It currently uses normal weighting to determine the divination card.

so it is exactly like gambler card?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Jeez i'm so happy i picked something simple, boring and straightforward that leaves little wiggle room for interpretation when designing my unique.

There being a huge gap between intended mechanic (by the supporter) and implemented result (by GGG) seems to be rather common when there is some around-the-corner design or hidden mechanics involved. Is it some language barrier? Are there too many people involved in the communication line? It's odd.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
It currently uses normal weighting to determine the divination card.

so it is exactly like gambler card?

yep which means its absolute trash
I'm assuming the currency will be one of two ways:
1) so broken it has to be nerfed, dropping Hall of Mirrors left and right.
2) not broken at all, just another div card

Either way, I know I'll be a little excited whenever I consume the Stacked Deck (however that's done).
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
so u have a worse version of the gambler card atm damn ....
Weighted by how much?

so 99.8% chance of getting a useless card as opposed to 99.9%?

Rare items should give great rewards. The prime example is carto boxes being too rare and dropping shit for maps even when you do find one.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info