I'm going to quit.

10 Cool games I guarantee will like since u quit poe like alot of us or at least retired for the time being

1 Pillars of Eternity. This game is brutal on the hardest difficulty. Its like dragon age. If u like this get dragon ages too.
2 King Arthur 1 and 2. Pretty sweet combat and campaign. Its a bit short but u can play as a mage type hero and then try it as a fighter type. You can also be good and bad and it changes quite a bit. Also you can try games with weird self imposed rules like no archers allowed or only 1 load per day.
3 Divinity Original Sin. This is just completely awesome as a coop game controlling just 2 peeps. Play with friend for sure. Super hard and tons of quests and fights. Too many quests really.
4 Elven Legacy/Ranger/Magic/Seige. Turn based combat where u keep ur dudes. Super hard and rewarding.
5 Plants vs Zombies. Ultra awesome game u pick plants and kill zombies.
6 Stardew Valley. Old school graphics. You have a farm and town to restore. Simple right. Just 1 more day.....one moar then I will quit....1 more thing to do always
7 Windward. Best with friends as well. Tons of ships and loot and pirates.
8 Fallen Enchantress. Kinda like might and magic heroes. Kinda.
9 Darkest Dungeon. Dead guys stay dead...well mostly. Roguelike turn based combat. Upgrades everywhere. So many. Brutal Hard.
10 Spellforce. Combines RTS and RPG. Super fun. It had issues with save games and stuff though. Make lots of back up saves.
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
Last edited by Prebornfetus on Jul 20, 2016, 4:30:38 AM
"
Bars wrote:
OP in a nutshell: I want to own everything but I don't want to work for it.

You should look for a more casual-friendly game. PoE right now is at its easiest and it will probably become more difficult with the next expansion.

PoE has the hardest learning Curve i ever experienced i lost so many Chars to unknown bullshit

If you have time enjoy projectpt Serie of boat the builder a d3 vet learning poe

@wretch pillars is awesome i am 20%in and love it you get your ass kicked and come back with Strategie. ..My Kind of game
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 20, 2016, 4:51:13 AM
"
BeamMonster wrote:
When I die, it's always to some random element of bullshit. Not a legitimate failure of my defenses or offense

*checks character page*

Top Kek my friend, bye.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
BeamMonster wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do now? Just message me with some input or something.

Sorry, I think your title may have been unnecessarily confusing.

Are you looking for advice to improve your characters/playstyle or simply sharing your thoughts with other forumgoers before you leave?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
ventiman wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
OP in a nutshell: I want to own everything but I don't want to work for it.

You should look for a more casual-friendly game. PoE right now is at its easiest and it will probably become more difficult with the next expansion.

PoE has the hardest learning Curve i ever experienced i lost so many Chars to unknown bullshit

If you have time enjoy projectpt Serie of boat the builder a d3 vet learning poe

@wretch pillars is awesome i am 20%in and love it you get your ass kicked and come back with Strategie. ..My Kind of game

Did you actually start off in HC? You're supposed to learn the game in SC, HC is the 'I'm experienced and want to challenge myself' league.

Although with the Prophecy league's performance issues and uber lab/trials it became more of a 'nope' league.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 20, 2016, 5:39:23 AM
"
BeamMonster wrote:
I have jack shit for currency, been playing 900+ hours. Seeing no improvement in regards to what I want changed in the game, and I hate the exp penalty. Never had a character over level 90. I have decided that the best thing to do is just stop playing. I wish there was more for me to do, but the game seems too twisted around the concept of this economy to allow for independent play and, well, I hate other people. And so, my fun sucks as I do not have very good gear, friends to trade with, a guild that supports me, or really any idea what the fuck to do.

I am not motivated to grind for currency, I just wanna level up and smash bosses to pieces. But as I've discovered, I cannot just do what I want. I have to participate in the economy, in trades, follow the metas, look up ways to get ahead, so on and so forth. Because as I've found, some bosses require a specific setup to beat, or a strategy that I am totally unaware of.

When I die, it's always to some random element of bullshit. Not a legitimate failure of my defenses or offense, but just either an OP boss that I don't remember is there for that map, or some form of lag/delay during a damage-over-time effect. When I die, it's about 30 minutes down the drain, sometimes even an hour. It's far more for other people. I feel that this is NOT the kind of punishment that I can allow to continue anymore, so this is it. I don't know what to do with my account, I want to get rid of everything on it so I do not mistakenly return to this game for a foolish reason.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do now? Just message me with some input or something.

Thank you.

Sad, but all you type are truth and wont changed anytime soon. At least GGG not allow it.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Preface: This could all be totally meaningless if the assumption I'm about to make is false. I'm going to assume that your level 89 Champion is the character you're trying to make progress with, nothing else really seems recent (or Ascended).

Here's the thing: You're playing a melee character with like 90% increased life on the tree. That about sums up the problem.

You've invested into Fortify and some Endurance Charges, and that helps, but with how little life you have it's not going to be anywhere near enough. Even with significantly more life, you should likely still have more layers of defense than you have now, like block, dodge, or defensive curses.

The way your character is set up now, you're not very likely to make much more progress, because you're going to keep dying to sudden spikes of damage without a large enough life buffer to survive them.
It's a game. If it isn't fun, stop playing it?
As mentioned, there are other games that might be more suited to you - I'd add grim dawn, although that in some ways is more complicated and unforgiving. But it is balanced more around solo self found.

But some of the arguments I found weird - bosses that require a certain setup or strategy to beat? Most people consider that a good thing.

Self found is a bit tricky in the game, it is obviously balanced around trading by design, but it is doable. One of my guildmates is going fine with his self imposed solo self found hardcore guy - playing melee too.
You could try playing D3: Reaper of Souls.

I know, around here that's like suggesting you try cannibalism or something similarly depraved.

However, if all you're after is smooth gameplay without the grind of currency, items, whatever, Reaper of Souls might be what you're looking for.
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
10 Cool games I guarantee will like since u quit poe like alot of us or at least retired for the time being

Never heard of elven legacy, certainly looks like a game i should look into.
Thanks for the list, even though I myself don't intend to quit Poe.
IGN Corelica

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info