I'm going to quit.

I have jack shit for currency, been playing 900+ hours. Seeing no improvement in regards to what I want changed in the game, and I hate the exp penalty. Never had a character over level 90. I have decided that the best thing to do is just stop playing. I wish there was more for me to do, but the game seems too twisted around the concept of this economy to allow for independent play and, well, I hate other people. And so, my fun sucks as I do not have very good gear, friends to trade with, a guild that supports me, or really any idea what the fuck to do.

I am not motivated to grind for currency, I just wanna level up and smash bosses to pieces. But as I've discovered, I cannot just do what I want. I have to participate in the economy, in trades, follow the metas, look up ways to get ahead, so on and so forth. Because as I've found, some bosses require a specific setup to beat, or a strategy that I am totally unaware of.

When I die, it's always to some random element of bullshit. Not a legitimate failure of my defenses or offense, but just either an OP boss that I don't remember is there for that map, or some form of lag/delay during a damage-over-time effect. When I die, it's about 30 minutes down the drain, sometimes even an hour. It's far more for other people. I feel that this is NOT the kind of punishment that I can allow to continue anymore, so this is it. I don't know what to do with my account, I want to get rid of everything on it so I do not mistakenly return to this game for a foolish reason.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do now? Just message me with some input or something.

Thank you.
Last edited by BeamMonster on Jul 20, 2016, 1:14:02 AM
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2016, 12:08:01 AM
Life aint fair some ppl are billionaires at 30 some homeless. some ppl can slam dunk from free throw line some cant make a lay up. Some people can play games well some cant. try something else. this is obviously not for you

im 100% sure ur good and beter than me at something. poe is not it if you cant make 90
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 20, 2016, 2:01:21 AM
I've just died in the last millisecond to 3 traps damaging me at once, yes a bit greedy, as I've tried to run fast for the xtra lab key.
Prior to that not a single monster could even scratch my slayer. And this is where bullshit start. Why have traps that designed for old poe, in a game where everything dies in a 1 or few hits (bosses)??

I'm aware of what game designers are trying to do.. They gave up on this game. It is a cash-in, I had high hopes for it and was wrong

as for you dude, I think you can sober up and play the game how people and devs want you to do, or go somewhere else.
In my road to 90 I haven't got a single GOOD item for my class. And I almost don't trade.

Its either buy a prem tab, trade, use meta skills, or go, we don't care :)
Cool title, bye!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I actually read your whole post and you're clearly not enjoying the game, you feel compelled to grind for some reason since you speent that much time already on it.

I would suggest you should quit since you're not having any fun and games are meant to be fun in some way ( even if you play that game 24/7, if you are addicted, it is supposed to be fun, you are having none)
If you could waltz to 90 and smash bosses to pieces with any build and any gear set then the game would be far too easy for 99% of the players.
I'm assuming you're talking about your Level 89. That is still using Prismweave. And 1c Jewelry. You can literally farm for an hour and get upgrades.

I mean, understandable you're upset. Try losing 10% when you're at 99 to a Volatile Flameblood :^)
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
the best advice i can give u is : join a guild....u ll find help,advices and stuff to get stronger.

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
OP in a nutshell: I want to own everything but I don't want to work for it.

You should look for a more casual-friendly game. PoE right now is at its easiest and it will probably become more difficult with the next expansion.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
some feedback:

it's an online action rpg, which means it has to consider team work of people to get their achievements. which makes sich a huge difference that some people need 3 months to level their masters to 8 while teamworkers need a week or two.

if you have problems dealing with people in general i would as well recommend to join a guild to have the same people around you which you can learn to trust over time. try to find a liberal one that let's you make your own decisions and respects them.

---

one can restrict themselves to play mostly solo, trade less, not follow the meta and have fun playing the game nonetheless ... i use that recipe successful for years now.

the only real issue is: if you cannot deal with the game setting back your progress from time to time if you mess up because you can't recognise the traps developers intentionally set for your char (preferably shortly before you level up).

what i mean, everybody get's angry when that happens, it's on you to accept it's your fault (except when it was due to a tech error) or you're stubborn enough to join the ranks of those that blame the game for it because they don't have the balls to admit to their own mistakes.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 20, 2016, 4:02:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info