[2.4 updates] Voltaxic Volley Fire Barrage Deadeye -- Well Barrage is now #1 Bow Skill

Hello,

Do you think a CI build could be made ? like this ( for example ) :

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOsWAABzsNghwLMOD6sWv21stUjrYxEvNj0byM_d8YrDOpu1hMUrCl3yKgtwUhmKlwbEot-YYlokndN-Iuro1gW1wuwqW4JeUuzN6o2_UUfnVCT9_97e-KR4wdUwfH8rVvo51KCfdvcx-nfXFHVbryF2hs7BM04qTP9DMY1-zZjqYnXLvqfndNsaEHu-Og5IEZZ_xsHF7BgsvxXXhq5WY4_60NBfaio4I9OPYJMnbAsi9G0ZEVA1uacr34rZWxslS67pAh1PLR9MswQHHwI2xYt6AW_i94RIXGvDbTfU7T8yMhCShKIHmVnwTI4AAAAAAA==

Maybe i gonna try this, but dunno if it's "possible".
Thank you.
Just a quick Q that I don't know if it has been answered before, but how do you get Regen to be greater than the 4% that is taken away by Blood Rage. I can only find 3.6% on the tree.

Thanks!

Btw loving the build. Played it in multiple leagues and still loving it.
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks in advance op! I took heavy inspiration off your build while planning out a build around

And this is what i came up with--
It took a lot of debating between inquisitor/assassin/deadeye, but in the end, i settled on inquisitor.
Skill tree at level 91:
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPUVDwB4TwSb7Irkr2xo8vAfogAEswthxq48LYPMtz6DX_4K2L01krXybqpKyIqvkBF7wz8nKk1H4iLipDkA7izpFSDdDVuvIXaGzsEzLYMZtL6nZU29Nk4qI9OPYBR1GNt08SmlDY2HduOfSn1_KznUdvcx-qCfUUc31O0_51Qk_f_eI_ZNkpXM-WPDOpu1hMUqOF-wykpvnpykhxN3B_GzS1fA4xmKlwbEom1s7LCMC7l8Nj0byM_d8YqdqmyMD6sWvyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUioLJIuGs-4O_MWjilb6fVusR1FMb_ICltJ8km68Vu1hnHuouQxSAAAAAFASAj8BFAAABh8HrwEASgEAsQEAAAAALwKiABQBAXgABQJ4AMgAAYwAAZABAVgCAUwEBh8_XQEAGAEAJAEAZgEADgEANQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

Gear planned:
Spoiler

Missing Enlighten level 3 from the gloves, and Vaal hast/lightning trap from my shoes

It took a lot of personal debate, but I decided to center my defenses on using the perfect form for free phase acro/arctic armor. I went this route because of my heavy investment in pathing on the skill tree leading to a low end % life. The choices I've made leave me with around 150% life, 56% spell dodge, as well as Iron reflexes grace+Determination giving me near 40k armor.

There is one thing I haven't yet decided about this build and was hoping for someone else's input-- When I was debating which character/ascendancy still thinking of using the blue dream as my method of generating power charges. Now that I settled and am not going assassin, is it still worth the jewel socket for a method to generate 3 power charges? (28% chance on kill)
Last edited by djfang on Feb 3, 2017, 8:58:13 AM
Hello!
I have few questions:
-do you think drillneck corruption - additional arrow will work with this? And is it worth it.
-whats your suggestion on 6th socket in cospri's will?
-how to maximize pierce chance, im using max pierce gem and poachers aim jewel already.
-what boots and gloves enchants do you suggest for this build?

BTW im using Atziri's Acuity gloves - its a blast with this build :)
Build is awesome, super fun to play!
Cheers!
"
xArtur02x wrote:
Hello!
I have few questions:
-do you think drillneck corruption - additional arrow will work with this? And is it worth it.
-whats your suggestion on 6th socket in cospri's will?
-how to maximize pierce chance, im using max pierce gem and poachers aim jewel already.
-what boots and gloves enchants do you suggest for this build?

BTW im using Atziri's Acuity gloves - its a blast with this build :)
Build is awesome, super fun to play!
Cheers!

1. Additional arrow is amazing imo. The 2 best enchants right now is the +1 barrage and +2 barrage for this build. Adding extra arrow from drillneck is essentially a free +1 enchant. +10% pierce "can" be good but with the pierce gem my assassin (similar build) already has a 80%+ (in my case, 100%) pierce. Given the number of projectiles I would think anything above 80% is good.

Quick edit: Other sources say the +2 barrage gives ~20% single target, just to give perspective on how much damage +Additional Projectiles give.

2. I'm not author but his chest is the "curse on hit", I'd run temporal chains defensive, not sure 100% as an additional offensive gem.

3. Gem alone gives 50%, if you want additional pierce you can sacrifice some HP and go far right, (20 extra dex, 56% more pierce). Or you can sacrifice some jewel slots, but each jewel gives at least 10% proj damage + HP/dmg/whatever you choose. Everytime you channel you shoot 13 arrows first shot and 13 arrows last shot, 7 on main target, so its your call if you want more or trust the 50%.

4. Gloves are mostly crapshoot and are purely "whatever you want".
Boots are pretty interesting choices: more damage vs more regen.
Choices:
Boss killing (more ST needed): "Add dmg if you havent killed "recently""
Movement: Free 10% movespeed if you aren't hit.
Regen: 2% mana/hp if hit.
Leech: 0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently
Most guides choose one of the last 2, but preference really.
Last edited by justinsroy on Feb 13, 2017, 9:57:02 AM
"
djfang wrote:
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks in advance op! I took heavy inspiration off your build while planning out a build around

There is one thing I haven't yet decided about this build and was hoping for someone else's input-- When I was debating which character/ascendancy still thinking of using the blue dream as my method of generating power charges. Now that I settled and am not going assassin, is it still worth the jewel socket for a method to generate 3 power charges? (28% chance on kill)

I'm curious about this one, I am in between (may mesh this one with another) two builds, the other also utilizing the same bow http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voltaxic_Rift

I don't know how the build you linked would compare between the two bows, 110% phys x 4 (assuming chaos is included) may scale better?

I'm curious if that damage can be scaled by +Elemental Damage. If it can I think it would be interesting, currently with my chaosBow build my barrage is:
281-768 Phys (tooltip, unbuffed)
717-1109 Chaos (added chaos + void manip) (tooltip, unbuffed)

Although that is with a 124% phys damage multiplier on the bow.

Curious if you can get a high enough phys damage multiplier while increasing elemental damage for the 110% scale.

Maybe with Phys->Element damage, +Phys Projec Damage, WED, Inc Crit%?

I may have to buy both bows and test it next league, will have the +% Ele damage and +Lightning to work with Volt..

Blue Dream is nice but it's going to be very expensive for generating power charges, why not use assassin's mark + blasphemy?

As it is I think shifting some points would be good for this build, 5 points could yield +54% extra lightning damage, directly boosting lightning and chaos. Sacrifice the evasion + 1 gem maybe.

"
Kyorden wrote:
Hello,

Do you think a CI build could be made ? like this ( for example ) :

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOsWAABzsNghwLMOD6sWv21stUjrYxEvNj0byM_d8YrDOpu1hMUrCl3yKgtwUhmKlwbEot-YYlokndN-Iuro1gW1wuwqW4JeUuzN6o2_UUfnVCT9_97e-KR4wdUwfH8rVvo51KCfdvcx-nfXFHVbryF2hs7BM04qTP9DMY1-zZjqYnXLvqfndNsaEHu-Og5IEZZ_xsHF7BgsvxXXhq5WY4_60NBfaio4I9OPYJMnbAsi9G0ZEVA1uacr34rZWxslS67pAh1PLR9MswQHHwI2xYt6AW_i94RIXGvDbTfU7T8yMhCShKIHmVnwTI4AAAAAAA==

Maybe i gonna try this, but dunno if it's "possible".
Thank you.

Your passive skill tree didn't load.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQBeBx4ILg2NDkgPqxEvEVARlhPaFUMV1xa_GYoZjhnXGyUbyB1PIXYi9CPTJIsknST9KgsqOCsKLL8uUzB8Mfo1uTY9N9Q51EMxSVFJsUuuTP9OKlFHU89WY1uvXfJfamJaZU1pTmwLbRltbG_ycFJ1y3b3fyt_xoTFhq6GzonTjAuMNo1-j2CP-pMnk5WVLpXMlwabjZu1oJ-hL6OKpHinK60zrcKv67EBuXy9Nr6KvqfBM8HVwzrEos2Yz17P3dDQ02_TftfP2VvasdrB3vjnVOfq6QLqYutj7BjssO0_7YPuDu9674jw1fGK-TP5N_lj_MX_3g==

Tried this. Some open points, total used 115

Some things I changed:
Spoiler
No acrobatics and connecting nodes (50% less ES...obviously). Sacrificing .04% leech that can be gained at the bottom if you feel its needed.

Strength requirements, left 8 points open for future, very flexible. 3 points can yield +50Str if needed or get a unholy might necklace (Str + Unholy might on kill for +Chaos/Phys dmg boost).

This version will require a normal CI stun immune.

Added gem left of Shadow to use as a Energy from within boost of 15% ES, can be removed.

Problem is a few wasted points getting over far enough to get the boosts of ES but I feel it was necessary or you'd be squishy.

I'm no expert and this was just a "tentative" flexible changes to an awesome guide by the author. I'm sure he would have different ideas and hope he gives some input as well.

I in no way want to hijack this thread but I'm researching/changing stuff to fit my personal playstyle and this looks like the best build to start from and change.
Last edited by justinsroy on Feb 13, 2017, 2:33:20 PM
So, knowledgeable players, can you enlighten me:

Speculatively, will the changes coming in 2.6.0 affect this build? I pretty much just blew every single bit of currency I've accumulated to buy:

A 6-link Voltaxic - cost me 5e
Cospri's Will - cost me 60c
3x Volley Fire Jewels - cost me 25c total
A build-specific amulet - cost me 30c

I already have the other required items.

I have been waiting for the full passive reset that accompanies new Leagues, so that I can then try this build (which would surely be better than my current Tornado Shot build, which seems to be unable to move beyond T10 maps).

So, I'm just asking if the recently-announced changes coming in patch 2.6.0 might destroy this build? Specifically, the cap to Threshold Jewels (like Volley Fire). That is, if you were to speculate - I guess there's no way to tell for sure until 2.6.0 hits.

If so, I've wasted pretty much all my currency for nothing.

Sigh.
I think it's time for a little summary^^

First things first: THX a lot Insobyr for this build. I really had a blast playing it!

I started Breach SC with this build. Really smooth progressing threw the game.
Now my Deadeye is Lvl 94 my Atlas is 118/126. Things left to do/try are Chayula, Chimera, Hydra, Shaper & UberAtziri

Current Equip
Spoiler

I followed the skilltree in this guide, but i also took "Fangs of The Viper" and got to the Scion Life-wheel vary late at about Lvl 88

I used a 5Link Voltaxic up to Lvl 90 with a rare Chest. I had no problems up to twinned rare T12 Maps.

After that i got a 6Link Cospris and the damage went through the roof. From this point on i switched the 3rd "Volley Fire" out and inserted a "Static Electricity" at the Shadow-Jewelnode for more Bossdamage.

I'm currently sitting at 5.4k Life and 90% of my deaths have been because i got to greedy with the clearspeed or didn't look at the mapmods close enough. Even with my playstyle and poor skills i was able to clear currupted/twinned T15/16 maps deathless.

Elereflect & no Leech maps are doable but u have to play very carefully and slow and thats not my style so i avoid those mods. What i can't run are Elereflect + Eleweakness/-Playerresistance or No leech + Vulnerability/Reflect.

I wouldn't play HC, because as u might expect as a Life/Evasion build u are sometimes a one-hit wonder.

All together this is a very easy and cheap build to start. U can farm currency very quickly and even do all the content there is!
Last edited by Raizinho on Feb 23, 2017, 2:37:43 PM
Thanks for the update Raizinho!

Looking forward to trying this build in about 7 days time ;-) Lets hope 2.6.0 doesn't kill it.

PS. Can someone please explain how to link items from my inventory into the forum here?

"
MorgueFLB wrote:
Thanks for the update Raizinho!

Looking forward to trying this build in about 7 days time ;-) Lets hope 2.6.0 doesn't kill it.

PS. Can someone please explain how to link items from my inventory into the forum here?

With the post reply screen up, click on your character's portrait at the top left of the screen, it'll open you inventory and stash, then just click on an item.

2.6 will make this even stronger probably, (with 1 exception) with the changes to threshold jewels not requiring the stats to be allocated, this frees up extra passives to take useful things. The only thing that would stop this build is being limited to 1 jewel, as with 2 it's still feasible.

Last edited by Morelikeew on Feb 24, 2017, 8:55:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info