[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

"
2ez4popo wrote:
Can you do uber with 5 link infernal mantle?

If you are missing Empower lvl 4 as well, then no or at least, not easily. It's more about dodging and moving around than DPS, but high dps helps you as you'd push the phases as lot faster, rather than having to dodge there for minutes.

However normal is perfectly viable, and early league good way to make currency. If you get lucky (like me last league) you'd get a Mortal Hope, and there you go.
Hi,
I'm a pretty big newb in this, so the question might seem silly but I've looked at the synergy between BM and MoM and there is none(as far as I found). What is the reason for both present in the skill tree? I mean wouldn't MoM just not do anything at all with 0 mana?

Same goes for Eldrich Battery, wouldn't it just be a waste of ES, that protects mana that is not used?

I'm not trying to criticize anything, just trying to educate myself, as there is clearly something that I'm not getting.

Thanks,

DenY
Last edited by SPYKERRUS on Sep 6, 2016, 5:10:40 PM
"
SPYKERRUS wrote:
Hi,
I'm a pretty big newb in this, so the question might seem silly but I've looked at the synergy between BM and MoM and there is none(as far as I found). What is the reason for both present in the skill tree? I mean wouldn't MoM just not do anything at all with 0 mana?

Same goes for Eldrich Battery, wouldn't it just be a waste of ES, that protects mana that is not used?

I'm not trying to criticize anything, just trying to educate myself, as there is clearly something that I'm not getting.

Thanks,

DenY

Never mind, found a good explanation on the benefits of all three nodes combined.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1431767

I knew I was missing the point...
Question for you guys...

I just hit level 35 and so far my flame totem damage isn't feeling great. Leveling has been sort of slow. I will link my gear and passive tree and hopefully something will stick out that I am doing wrong.

Thanks for the help!

Gear:
"

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAA48FCAUcRo-HRQpLioTLKc9_ErEVw1YY1jlWfNaK18_Zp5oZXIPcql8g3y4j0aj8qcIp5SsqsRYxtja3eoY6-7vDvGs85vz3fZI9q73Mvjr-tI=
You'd probably want to replace that faster casting with Elemental Focus for another multiplier. Perhaps change one or both weapons with something with more spell dmg. If you have essences craft yourself a few with 20-30%.

You can also craft yourself 2 rings with fire damage. Ultimately if you have 15-6c get yourself a tabula rasa and you are golden. If that's not an option it may take a while as FT's dmg scales greatly with its level.

Id go for BM and those hp nodes though and just stack hp flasks. Idk im currently lvl 70 and i had no trouble with 2 + fire dmg rings and amu, and 2 daggers with 30-40% spell dmg on me and i was running a 3L at the time.
"
xecutable wrote:
You'd probably want to replace that faster casting with Elemental Focus for another multiplier. Perhaps change one or both weapons with something with more spell dmg. If you have essences craft yourself a few with 20-30%.

You can also craft yourself 2 rings with fire damage. Ultimately if you have 15-6c get yourself a tabula rasa and you are golden. If that's not an option it may take a while as FT's dmg scales greatly with its level.

Id go for BM and those hp nodes though and just stack hp flasks. Idk im currently lvl 70 and i had no trouble with 2 + fire dmg rings and amu, and 2 daggers with 30-40% spell dmg on me and i was running a 3L at the time.

Thank you for the help, I will give it a shot!
I've been running this build in SC Essence, and early leveling was slow and rippy until I could afford a Tabula (cost roughly 16C, which I didn't have until about level 70). Since then 1 Ex dropped, and I immediately spent that on a 5L 6S Infernal Mantle. Clear speeds feel about the same between the two (I leave out Increased Critical Strikes and use Iron Will instead of Empower in the 5L), but there's definitely better survivability with Mantle.

It's working well enough at level 80 (5.1k life, 1.6k ES, 13.3k tooltip with lvl 19 Flame Totem gem), although it's not as powerful as I'd hoped by this point, stun is a problem for both me and my totems, and the totems die off too quickly against many enemies. Maybe damage will feel better once I grab more crit multi on the tree (I've been focusing on crit chance so far). Elemental Equilibrium, Enfeeble, increased monster life, and fire resistance maps slow me down significantly. I'm looking forward to a level 21 totem gem, but I don't have any expectation of getting Empower level 4 or a 6L +1 Mantle.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Sep 9, 2016, 12:51:11 PM
This dropped in a map, I'm hoping to sell it for 2ex, but what should I spend that on? I'm pretty clueless about looking for rares on poe.trade
Current Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by SQUAZZ on Sep 10, 2016, 2:00:46 AM
Your highest dps would be spending money on fusings to 6L your chest and get an Empower lvl 4. Crit rings with cast speed, a dagger with crit to spells + fire dmg to spells, a shield whit spell dmg and crit to spells are probably what follows.
2ex would only be enough for ~290 fusings
what are the odds of hitting 6l with that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info