[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

Another really good thing for this build, i guess. Cause we don't use elemental equilibrium, so avatar of fire doesn't screw us up anyway.

No cast speed or crit are regrettable, but 10% penetration, tons of life and more fire damage to enemies in ash may be worth it.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Nov 25, 2016, 2:08:57 PM
this build can work with bladefall totem and added fire? i mean dmg can be still fine? on HC ?
IGN: Kaaxa
Last edited by Kaaax on Nov 26, 2016, 10:02:18 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
nathlar wrote:
I like the new shield, can anyone with experience in the build post a new tree and some leveling help?

Would it still be best to keep the same leveling path , get BM and then respec out of it after lvl 61 if you can afford the shield?

Or you think it would be better to go the new way directly?

Any help is appreciated, since i really want to play this for the next league, but i have little experience in the game.

I don't think you need to respect blood magic. Even through you have it on the shield, behind BM in the skill tree 35% life for 3 skill points. I think you can't get 35% life for 4 points (1 for BM and 3 for life behind it) in any other way.

And if you don't want to take entire bottom thread on skill tree, then why even get bm in the first place? I don't think you particularly need that BM at that point before 61 lvl.

I agree. Here's a 111 point / level 90 tree based off the OP's 119 point tree.

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAMbYWGM9_MRY9khfPxQg7w4aPny4KS7xrFcN85toZfPd-OsUcdl8ggcOPCynSsT2rt-_20_gwyW86hh2rM9-9zJyqayqWfMaOJBVcg-Ub2ZUZp5Y5SoTWiuj8vrSFm_jaonYaFjXlh0Uj0anCOvufIOPGhzcp5ReXdH9UfvNFh8Y2CQ2xYPzTq6xNq4SHwIEB4PbVcZMs66zQZbQ9Y5k96a2-tAf7-stH5UgwfOiow_EO3y4ylF0GoGmmYIe2wuFMn_GEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h0WC3uzF4zPZ7l-xgSmowbDDkhd8ioLcFI=

So now you have the new shield and want to change the tree to spec out of the BM node. OK, let's snip the BM node, and surrounding nodes as there is no point going anywhere near the BM node if not taking BM. Right?
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAMbYWGM9_MRY9khfPxQg7w5yqayqWfMaOJBVcg-Ub2ZUZp5Y5SoTWiuj8vrSFm_jaonYaFjXlh0Uj0anCOvufIOPGhzcp5ReXdH9UfvNFh8Y2CQ2xYPzTq6xNq4SHwIEB4PbVcZMs66zQZbQ9Y5k96a2-tAf7-stH5UgwfOiow_EO3y4ylF0GoGmmYIe2wuFMn_GEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h0WC3uzF4zPZ7l-xgSmowbDDkhd8ioLcFJQR-RRZ5uuPsauxPY8LYPMtz7-CvJFOuGmV03j2L01kv6Pg18QzP6HeyD4kw==

With this change what happened?
-88% increased armor
-1% maximum life
-3% movement speed
-1% life regen
-3% all resist
-1% max fire resist
-20% increase life recovery from flasks
+8% totem damage
+6% totem placement speed
+3% totem cast speed
+10 Int
+2 skill points which could be used to grab a +10% life in the Templar area or what I would do, grab the +40% crit chance/+20% elemental damage/+10 Dex/+10 Int in the Assassin start

Is it worth respec'ing after getting the new shield? While you gained 1200'ish flat armor when 3 totems are out, by respec'ing you throw away 88% increased armor, life regen, move speed, max fire resist, and reduce the effectiveness of your life flasks. You also didn't gain any max life% and only gained marignal DPS increase. Either way you have 3 totems, but to me what you give up the small increase to dmg/cast/crit numbers isn't worth it.

What's more, if you do more tweaks to the tree by pathing up through the Templar start to connect the tree by Mind Over Matter, and drop the outer node connections by the Templar, while in the end (112 skill points) you gain +25% maximum life and +30 dex you give up more %increased armor and 2 jewel sockets. If you have good jewels, that's huge, and can negate 14% of the 25% increase life... i.e. it's only 11% improvement at the cost of what could be +25% dmg/+4%cast speed per jewel.

And wow, just tried Flame Totem after not having played it in ages. GGG gutted the skill for early game play. 40% less damage is unusable/not fun. Thanks, GGG. Give me a totem skill at level 4 that cannot be used!

Having said this, yes, I can agree it used to be too strong before the nerf... but... wow... 40% less is over the top.
so how will the build work with the new toem shield.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tukohama%27s_Fortress
Mr Lopi85 I have read your build guide 1 month ago and i have sold all mine dicharger gear and i start to colect gear for this flame totem.I have come today here just to say to u thank u for guide i have lot of fun with this build.All best to you Mr. Lopi85.I still have to upgrade some of mine gear items atm i am using this:

Last edited by anmargan on Nov 29, 2016, 8:59:21 AM
how good is this build in hc? can do uber lab farm? and overall? i saw you died at core.
IGN: Kaaxa
how about this tree. I made some changes on it for new items.
Sorry for bad English but its not my native language.
update plis my friend,the best build flame totem.
Any1 else doing this build? I'm enjoying the heck out of it this league as well... only L53 right now so the crit stuff hasn't kicked in yet, but tower defence ftw :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info