[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

Has anyone tried using a Slower Proj against bosses, instead of Pierce? I know it would cut down the range a lot, but some bosses don't bounce around too much, and that More multiplier looks so tasty...
Why are we using Mind over Matter if we're taking Blood Magic. Does it not make it useless since you have 0 mana?

Edit : NVM didn't see we use Eldritch Battery
Last edited by Xavier227 on Nov 16, 2016, 7:59:08 PM
Hey,

would it be possible to play this Build as an ES build with high regen to be more tanky?
I think 10-12k ES should be possible with ~1500 regen/s.
The damage ist pretty nice, but some of the final bosses like guardians or Uber just one or two shot me.
Wonder how the new skill "Scorching Ray" will work with totems build?
I would try it but i would have to reconfigure my armor colors to suit.
Thinking of dropping "Fire Penetration Support" (R) to enable "Scorching Ray" (B).
Was very hard to get 3r - 2b - 1g on my Infernal mantle so will wait for a theory crafter or positive proof before going ahead.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Wonder how the new skill "Scorching Ray" will work with totems build?
I would try it but i would have to reconfigure my armor colors to suit.
Thinking of dropping "Fire Penetration Support" (R) to enable "Scorching Ray" (B).
Was very hard to get 3r - 2b - 1g on my Infernal mantle so will wait for a theory crafter or positive proof before going ahead.

"Scorching Ray" don't crit and don't leech, so requires completely different build and ascendancy class
TRIPLE flame totem = new meta

Last edited by 8r3nt on Nov 19, 2016, 2:19:15 AM
"
8r3nt wrote:

Yeah that shield is insane for this build.

Not sure if the skilltree changes at all though. Here is what i'm currently thinking, but if you compare the current tree with this one in the offline skill planer .. the changes aren't that big.

You change the pathing quite a bit, but the overall stats don't change that much.
Last edited by Vods on Nov 19, 2016, 2:50:04 PM
Soon as I saw that shield, I thought about this build, too. We lose some crit and ES coz we would normally have an ES shield but the dmg we gain is insane and there's more life on our tree now.

A very interesting choice, for sure..!

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Nov 19, 2016, 6:21:17 PM
"
Vods wrote:
"
8r3nt wrote:

Yeah that shield is insane for this build.

Not sure if the skilltree changes at all though. Here is what i'm currently thinking, but if you compare the current tree with this one in the offline skill planer .. the changes aren't that big.

You change the pathing quite a bit, but the overall stats don't change that much.

yeah I made an actual comparison between the builds, although I added a few more life nodes to get up to the same 119 (lvl 98) points in the original build.

I also removed a few jewels from the original build to be up to the 111 points (and same amount of jewels) as your tree.

the results are:

comparison 119 pt trees

crit change: +20
crti multi: same
damage: +14
cast speed: +4
flat life +50
%life: +29
%armor: -72
jewels: -3
%ES: +35

less resistances, less spell crit, less ES from a spell crit ES shield

but:

40% damage from the new unique shield
plus one more totem

comparison 111 pt trees

crit change: +20
crti multi: same
damage: +22
cast speed: +4
flat life +35
%life: -6
%armor: -56
%ES: +35

less resistances, less spell crit, less ES from a spell crit ES shield

but:

40% damage from the new unique shield
plus one more totem

you need to make up for 50 flat life, 29% life, 35% ES, 14% damage (whatever form that benefits flame totem), 4% cast speed and 20% crit chance via 3 jewels to be better than your tree. but if we want to reach that with 3 jewels we are looking at 3 4stat jewels with near perfect rolls, which would be expensive as hell.

if we remove 3 jewels from the original (OP) tree and look on the then lvl 90 and way more realistic tree, then it becomes quite clear, that the original tree is just a tiny bit tankier in terms of armor, for the cost of having less ES and less damage.

so the conclusion might be actually: for the average player, your build is better and - most importantly - way cheaper (I'm not expecting that new shield to be very expensive), but if you really have a lot of currency available, going with the original build, 3 more jewels and an ES crit shield might be better actually.
Last edited by xebtria on Nov 20, 2016, 4:43:56 AM
You forget sth, though; the original build and tree has almost no armor items equipped, so most of our armor nodes on the tree are kinda useless.

We basically need ES which helps our EHP.

So, using the new shield we lose ES, we gain life and armor and a looot more dmg +the new pathing gives us more dex which might come handy for certain gems /items.

Is it worth it? Probably yes :)

My suggested tree (115 points) with 188% inc life and using the new shield:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAMbYWGO5fhYLPfzGBHuzpqMXjPZIBsPPZ18_TeMUIKZX7w464fiTNZL-j2ebrj6Mz9fP-Tfjau-IFm-j8rb6WisqE_emjmRY5Waepwh7IB0U-tLYJOvu_oePRjbFfIOFMhzcEMyD8x8Cp5SPGk6uBAdeXbE2g9tMs9H9rhJVxq6z0B8tH0GW7-uVIND1wfOCHqKj2wtRdH_GD8QagZMnEZY7fKaZvopTNQceuMqhL1BClS6MNvDVVUuJ04_6SVFh4nBS6_UmlcMJFr-5k_IdSbHGrjwtg8y3Pv4K2L3yReRRg19QRzLRRUfAZgSzogDwH2jyC2GvbA==

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info