[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

I start Essence league with this, my build :)
Now i have 93lvl, 60k DPS per Totem and have Infernal Mantle 5L with no Empower, 5,5k life and 1,6k ES. I done Endgame Lab at about 80lvl (with 40k DPS and Infernal Mantle 5L). Dodge all hits from Izaro (Whirling Blades helps) because he can kill You in 1 hit esspecialy when full buffed. Normal Atziri is easy, You need only 4L Infernal Mantle and about 15-20k DPS.

Yesterday i killed Minotaur and Chimera (with deaths) on rare corrupted Map with only 5L and average items. Minotaur is hard but possible. I killed Phoenix and Hydra too but on easy blue maps. Phoenix is easiest because of fire damage (totems immune to fire).

Few hints:
- Try to buy or craft Golden or Platinum dagger with Shrieking or Deafening Misery essence. Cast speed really boost your damage. 20% Cast Speed it's better than 70-80% spell damage).

- Remember best damage gem is Fire Penetration (no shows DPS in tooltip). On earaly game with 4L I preffer this gem setup: Flame Totem + Fire Penetration + Faster Casting + Elemental Focus. Later change Faster Casting to Increased Critical Strike and add Faster Projectiles at 5L. If You lucky and have 6L add Controlled Destruction or Empower lvl3.

- Quality your Faster Projectiles gem as fast as possible (don't need lvl20 gem but 10% cast speed (20% quality) is really nice). Lvl1 20% quality gem is better than 20lvl, 0% quality gem.

- Take totem life nodes instead of totem cast speed as say Tempada. In 2.4 Totems with no Empower die really fast :/

- You need CWDT with Immortal Call + Increased Duration (because of very low armour). Maybe better two CWDT setups (first CWDT low lvl(5), second CWDT lvl(10+) with Immortal Call + Increased Duration.

- Level up some extra flame totems gems and try to corrupt it to 21/20. Yes you need lvl 21 Flame Totem gem better with 20 quality. If you have some chaos try to buy first cheap corrupted 20/20 Flame Totem gem (20% more Totem Life really helps).

- For hardcore players is still able but you can quickly die on bosses in several maps (especially T12 Necropolis, T10 Malformation, T13 Lair, T13 Sulphur Wastes, T15 Dark Forest, T15 Core and all T16 maps). Very low armour is a problem. Remember You must play safe at all time. This is no tanky build, place totem, move and dodge.

- For hard bosses especially T16 and Sharper at the end of fight switch Faster Projectiles to Culling Strike.

This is my tree(93lvl):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAQHBUIGwwceDjwPxBBYEZYUIBRxFgsWbxa_F4waOBo-GoEc3B0UHwIlvCaVJy8pLioTLJwspy0fNsU7fD38QZZJUUrETLNOrlBCUXRTNVVLVcZXDVhjWOVZ81orXl1fP2HiZlRmnmhlcFJyD3Kpe7N8g3y4f8aCB4Ieg9uD84Uyh2WJ04w2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZMnlG-VIJUuoS-io6Pyppmmo6cIp5Ssqq4SrrOxNrb6uMq5frmTvorB88MJxFjGBMbYz2fQ9dH92CTZfNsL20_fv-DD42rqGOvu6_XvDvDV8azyHfOb8932SPau9zL3pvjr-tI=?accountName=Lopi85&characterName=Palony

My items:

Video:
T16 Forge of the Phoenix Map (Rare Corrupted):
https://youtu.be/iW3w_4mBrdo
If You have 50k+ DPS and have Taunt You can easly farm Phoenix Boss and get rich :)

Sorry for my bad english and absence + no activity on forum. I have relocation and i get married :) Don't have much time to play PoE :/

Thank You all for the discussion.
Last edited by Lopi85 on Oct 9, 2016, 9:31:16 AM
Ok i will make this build as marauder now
Guys, i need some instant defensive setup, i'm thinking of dropping the 3 gems in the dagger because i need to actually hit to activate Fortify and with some mobs the last thing i want to do is get that close to them. Trouble is what is a good 3 gem defense? Was thinking CWDT + Molten Shell + Arctic Armor - thoughts?
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Guys, i need some instant defensive setup, i'm thinking of dropping the 3 gems in the dagger because i need to actually hit to activate Fortify and with some mobs the last thing i want to do is get that close to them. Trouble is what is a good 3 gem defense? Was thinking CWDT + Molten Shell + Arctic Armor - thoughts?

Are you already using CwDT lvl 5 + Immortal Call lvl 7 + Increased Duration? Immortal Call is a must in this build. After that, go for Enfeeble and/or Tempest Shield. Keep in mind that Molten Shell is only worth it at high levels (level 20+), and it's not doing too much if you don't have any other armour (probably better off with a Basalt Flask). Don't use Arctic Armour; you have to reserve life unless you're using Essence Worm, but instead of Essence Worm you should really use a ring with life, cast speed, and crit chance.

Also, Lightning Warp over Whirling Blades is pretty great. Like, it's not the meta thing to use, but honestly I prefer it in caster builds where I barely have any attack speed or accuracy. You don't need a dagger (a Profane Wand with T1 cast speed and crit chance for spells is excellent) and Fortify if you stay out of the way!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 9, 2016, 4:26:23 PM
Yea i'm using the op's setup, CWDT 5, Immortal Call 7, Enfeeble 8, Increased Duration 21.
I tried Molten shell and Arctic armor but as you pointed out it isn't viable.
Seems there is no other defensive setup i can use in my 3 link dagger, i will just have to be much more careful and pay attention to mob affixes. Those porcupine goliath mobs (i think) seem to be the most deadly to me, i think i am a bit slow on the totem cast and basalt flask use (lag) and get killed. Probably more me than the build.
Thanks for the input though.
Could you post a level progression for this build? im rather new to the game and have decided to try out this one as it seems like a rather new player friendly build which won't cost much/take much to make decent, but im unsure of which items to use when progressing etc, anyway thanks for the guide will be using it for quite a while ^_^
edit: nevermind, i figured it out. Im stupid. I should uninstall this game.
Last edited by cryion on Oct 10, 2016, 7:23:57 PM
@Lopi85

Awesome build. Thank-you for taking the time to post it.

I am playing around with it in Standard League. I just completed Uber Lab (level 78). You are 100% correct. I cannot recall the last time I had to use a flask.

Quick question: if I am comfortable with my DPS, would you suggest I take the Melding Line on the passive tree? I figure the HP/ES would help in the end game.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Quick question to OP/anyone clued up about this - one of the Chieftan nodes, Ngamahu Flame's Advance I think has 35% increased damage to burning enemies, but using Elemental focus means no burny burn.

I see Ele Focus is *more* damage, but why would it not be better to switch that out for an alternative gem so you can benefit from the 35% burning damage increase?
"
Biggilus wrote:
Quick question to OP/anyone clued up about this - one of the Chieftan nodes, Ngamahu Flame's Advance I think has 35% increased damage to burning enemies, but using Elemental focus means no burny burn.

I see Ele Focus is *more* damage, but why would it not be better to switch that out for an alternative gem so you can benefit from the 35% burning damage increase?

Because burning damage is negligible with this build (and some enemies are obnoxiously immune anyway). Might as well get a little more percentage from Elemental Focus than use something like Controlled Destruction (of course, in this case, Controlled Destruction is worse by comparison because it also lowers crit chance). Elemental Focus is pretty much the best damage gain gem you can use in any elemental build (not counting Penetration, Spell Echo, and Empower lvl 4).
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 14, 2016, 10:19:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info