last login locations - improvement

hi,
yet another quality suggestion to make the game less secure :)

the game already stores the players' last location based on the ip address you use to play. if you login from another location you have to re-enter the password or even unlock your account.

the suggestion (which is actually not mine but from a friend) is that the game remembers the last 2 locations AFTER you confirmed them with your password or unlocked your account.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 19, 2016, 3:48:09 AM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 5:34:20 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That would probably help if your ISP only covers a relatively small area, however, with an ISP like mine, which covers the entire country and seems to randomly allocate addresses with no regard to physical location, it won't help at all, unfortunately. This week alone I've been informed that someone has attempted to login from several different cities thousands of Km apart, but it's just me :)
"
Kellog wrote:
That would probably help if your ISP only covers a relatively small area, however, with an ISP like mine, which covers the entire country and seems to randomly allocate addresses with no regard to physical location, it won't help at all, unfortunately. This week alone I've been informed that someone has attempted to login from several different cities thousands of Km apart, but it's just me :)

the suggestion is just to make the feature less annoying for some, not a general solution.

afaik ggg uses some geolocation services for ip's who return the real location difference in km to the last address used, it succeeds some threshold you get the warning.

in your case it would be better if they could switch the mechanism to just check if your provider changed.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
hi,
yet another quality suggestion to make the game less secure :)

the game already stores the players' last location based on the ip address you use to play. if you login from another location you have to re-enter the password or even unlock your account.

the suggestion (which is actually not mine but from a friend) is that the game remembers the last 2 locations AFTER you confirmed them with your password or unlocked your account.

Or better yet, make it depend on the device/computer used and not murky info like ISPs. Because, hey! some people wanna play on their laptop.

This is legitimately infuriating, Grinding Gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info