Why does anybody play?

I'm in merc crematorium. Waiting for the servers to catch up or something. FOR !5 MINUTES. Every time I get near the ascendancy trial my top of the line I7 16 gigs of ram computer 2 gig video goes into spasms. They wonder why people stop playing. Hilarious.
Last edited by LOOZING on Jul 19, 2016, 12:01:45 AM
Last bumped on Jul 19, 2016, 8:36:20 AM
I agree! We should all stop playing whenever LOOZING's computer goes in to spasms.

Let's band together and do this! If enough people quit, maybe LOOZING's computer won't have as many issues with path of exile.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
GGG has admitted themselves it is THEIR problem. Just wondering why people put up with it. I'm done. 30 minutes now. Entire level is dead. Get within one room of trial and spasms. it needs to be fixed long ago.
"
LOOZING wrote:
GGG has admitted themselves it is THEIR problem.

Any chance I could get a source on this? I haven't really been playing too close attention to the forums lately.

These spasms haven't been happening to my computer, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Jul 19, 2016, 12:21:46 AM
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
LOOZING wrote:

Any chance I could get a source on this? I haven't really been playing too close attention to the forums lately.

These spasms haven't been happening to my computer, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.
Just go read the fucking patch notes. It won't take long for you to find suppoesed "fixes" to stuttering.
This isn't really the worst I've seen it. I remember when people tried to call desync a "feature." WKing at it's finest.

That said, this is the first time since the days of desync that I've seen it rear it's malformed head. At first I thought it was just my SRS summoner pushing the limits of insanity (which, by the way GGG, if your game can't handle 75+ summons at once, don't design it to be possible). But then I found I was skipping just as often on my Arc assassin, which makes no sense to me since it's not even as particle-happy as most other spells builds.

This game chokes on itself, it always has. The shitty performance never actually improves, they just end up shifting it somewhere else. Sure, the game loads in less than 10 minutes, but now desync is back with a vengeance.
This is a buff™
"
This isn't really the worst I've seen it. I remember when people tried to call desync a "feature." WKing at it's finest.

That said, this is the first time since the days of desync that I've seen it rear it's malformed head. At first I thought it was just my SRS summoner pushing the limits of insanity (which, by the way GGG, if your game can't handle 75+ summons at once, don't design it to be possible). But then I found I was skipping just as often on my Arc assassin, which makes no sense to me since it's not even as particle-happy as most other spells builds.

This game chokes on itself, it always has. The shitty performance never actually improves, they just end up shifting it somewhere else. Sure, the game loads in less than 10 minutes, but now desync is back with a vengeance.
I know. I've actually been around for some time. What I don't like is GGG tooting their horn about their suppoesed performance improvements. You are right. It hasn't really improved. It's like T-Rump. Say it is so and there will be those that believe.
Last edited by LOOZING on Jul 19, 2016, 12:47:46 AM
"
LOOZING wrote:
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
LOOZING wrote:

Just go read the fucking patch notes. It won't take long for you to find suppoesed "fixes" to stuttering.

This bit from the 2.3.1 patch notes?
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 2.3.1
General Notes
  • More assets have been added to the preload system, further reducing stuttering during gameplay.
There's nothing in there about it affecting trials.

As far as I recall, those stuttering changes resulted in a quicker entry when first loading Path of Exile, but some delays when you first logged onto a character to prevent the player having trouble when Exiles spawned from a strongbox or entering a new area.

I sincerely don't understand.
OP has "I7 16 gigs of ram computer 2 gig video" and his computer is freaking out at a Crematorium trial meanwhile I've got 8 gig of RAM, an AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 and it's been fine.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Jul 19, 2016, 12:50:19 AM
sounds like a l2p issue tbh
come on 15 min? about 8 second freeze is most ive seen. still bad and will kill your ass haha
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info