Do you know of any game like this?

"
crystalwitch wrote:
City of Heroes probably came close.

Oh wait, NCSoft killed it so they could focus on releasing another tits and babyface Asian kung-fu MMO.

Never heard of it, sounds cheesy... but yeah fuck anime games.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Does Warframe fit the criteria?
not an expert - or fan - of MMOs, but I think your criteria filters them all out.
especially stuff like "can't solo, but don't need huge raids".

playing 3-5 multiplayer in a good ARPG, while under-leveled/under-geared, should come close enough.
doesn't have to be an MMO if you intend on playing with a small group.
you would need to drop the "free to play" requirement, though.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I searched for game like that for few years on and off , reading forums etc and if game like that existed I'd know about it.

Your best bet is vanilla wow or eve online. Both of them meet your criteria although EVE costs money at start and I assume you're potentially ready to pay monthly fee if game is worth it or truly matches your criteria while being unique experience.
Last edited by KawaiiLoli on Jul 20, 2016, 10:57:21 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:48:12 PM
"
Paldamus wrote:

1.Is an MMORPG. ( i mean an actual mmorpg like World of Warcraft of Elder Scrolls Online or Lord of the Rings Online or smth like that, not PoE, which is an arpg etc)
2.Is free to download and free to play.
3.Is not pay to win via microtransactions/cash shop. It can have PoE style cosmetics etc though.
4.Doesn't inclue massive boring grinds. A bit of grinding is fine though.
5.Is western styled, not anime.
6.Endgame content can't be soloed.
7.Endgame content doesn't require huge groups of tens of people for "raids", hence you don't have to follow "raid schedules" etc and can play whenever you want. Ideally a game that would focus it's endgame around a 3-5 man group.
8.Has pvp.

DDO/Dungeons and Dragons Online - This will all be based off of last time I played which was a few years ago
1. It's an MMORPG (though not quite in the same vein as WoW or ESO. It doesn't have over-world maps or anything, as it's all individualized instances outside of town. It's out of a single city for the vast majority (aside from the tutorial area.)
2. Both, A fair amount of free content and doing said free content will allow you to do most, if not all, of the p2p content.
3. It's not very p2w, a roulette thing was added that everyone gets a free spin every day on it, but you can also buy more spins. I don't think it gives you much in terms of good gear aside from some like one-use potions. Other than that you can buy cosmetics, content packs, and the normal exp boost stuff that those games offer
4. I don't remember it being a huge grind, but I never played super far into end-game as I was an altoholic. Played like 20 or something characters up to mid-high levels using their multi-class system & prestige classes.
5. D&D, so standard Western high fantasy.
6. Endgame content can be solo'd if you choose solo difficulty when entering the instance. (not sure if that carries over fully into actual full-on end-game)
7. There are raids, and raids can have up to 12 people, I've been able to run the mid-tier ones with 4 people on the hardest difficulty as you can each bring a hireling (which occupies a party slot as they are barely orse than PCs). There are no "raid schedules" afaik,
8. It has PVP in the sense that there are PVP areas and a capture the flag mode, but afaik there's no coordinated PVP

It's a rather old game, and It's playerbase isn't big, so not sure if it'll be up your alley, but I loved it and have been thinking of going back.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Guild Wars 2? Firefall?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
eve online fits your list minus free to play, it requires a sub... and this sub can be paid with in game currency if you get decent enough, though it does take out a huge chunk of your currency each month... if you are not poor, sub is cheaper to pay than using in game currency since that requires more than 1 hour to farm.

guild wars 2 if you like pvp.
poe is mmorpg
In regards to Firefall: Never mind.

I only played it during the open beta and it seemed promising, I never played it when it was a finished product.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 28, 2016, 3:40:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info