Do you know of any game like this?

Hey.
So basically i have a question. I've been thinking about and for a short time, also looking for a game that fits the following criteria and haven't found anything, so i thought i might aswell ask here too.

1.Is an MMORPG. ( i mean an actual mmorpg like World of Warcraft of Elder Scrolls Online or Lord of the Rings Online or smth like that, not PoE, which is an arpg etc)
2.Is free to download and free to play.
3.Is not pay to win via microtransactions/cash shop. It can have PoE style cosmetics etc though.
4.Doesn't inclue massive boring grinds. A bit of grinding is fine though.
5.Is western styled, not anime.
6.Endgame content can't be soloed.
7.Endgame content doesn't require huge groups of tens of people for "raids", hence you don't have to follow "raid schedules" etc and can play whenever you want. Ideally a game that would focus it's endgame around a 3-5 man group.
8.Has pvp.

It's a real pity that instead of taking a risk and making something new, that a lot of people would probably like, most game companies just copy/paste other successful games, in hopes of making a quick buck. Why are there no games that have endgame content that can't be soloed ( cos it gets boring fast), but at the same time don't require 20 ppl to raid? Who likes schedules... Why can't there be a game where endgame content is focused around a 3-5 man group like WoW dungeons basically. It would be freaking amazing and i think a lot of people would dig that. If the content can be soloed, the game becomes boring fast and the community becomes kind of pointless. If the content needs 20 ppl to be cleared, that means that you can't play the game when you actually want to and instead you have to log on at a specific time and hope that others will too, to then waste even more time to get the raid going. Why can't there be something that sits in between these 2 types of gameplay? It's about frickin' time.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Jul 18, 2016, 6:04:54 PM
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2016, 3:43:32 PM
Allods Online might have all the things you want, with a few caveats:

1. It has a cashshop and is clearly P2W, in the sense that you have a considerably easier time if you use it. I don't know its current state though, the last time I played it was about two years ago.

2. End-game PvP is dominated by cash shop users. There are larger battles where you can score some, but in a 1 on 1 you'll very likely almost always lose. Unless they changed things.
There is also mid-game PvP where you can often succeed even as a F2P player

3. The game might be pretty much dead. The publishers made some godawful cashshop decisions following release and people left in droves. Two weeks later they massively lowered the prices, and since then kept taking the pressure off the players, but the damage was done. Playerbase has been declining ever since, afaik. The last time I played it it seemed on its last breath. But it still exists so I don't know.

It was a really good game once. Really, really good. It might still be good. Or again. If you decide to give it a go, pick the bad guys. They're not really bad, just Russian. And they're much more fun than the goofy flower sniffers.
So why are you talking about this game then? How does it fit my criteria, if it's pay to win and is also dead lol? Thanks anyway...but yeah. I think i even tried it once...was meh.
It's don't.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
It's don't.

Huh?
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
It's don't.

Huh?

Err that's bad English for "such a game doesn't exist".
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Paldamus wrote:
So why are you talking about this game then? How does it fit my criteria, if it's pay to win and is also dead lol? Thanks anyway...but yeah. I think i even tried it once...was meh.

Because your list of wishes is close to illusionary, and Allods comes pretty close. All the downsides I described might have changed in the last two years, and I thought no harm in taking a look if nothing better comes up. Next time try google.
City of Heroes probably came close.

Oh wait, NCSoft killed it so they could focus on releasing another tits and babyface Asian kung-fu MMO.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
It's don't.

Huh?

Err that's bad English for "such a game doesn't exist".

Yeah a pity.
"
Jojas wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:

Because your list of wishes is close to illusionary, and Allods comes pretty close. All the downsides I described might have changed in the last two years, and I thought no harm in taking a look if nothing better comes up. Next time try google.

Illusory, why? There's thousands of games out there, can't be too much asking for something original and new in the sea of copy/pasted bullshit. Also google what? How would google help you find this specific kinda game? I'm not interested in reading fake adverstisements and overhyped shit. Not interested in going through 100 game reviews either, i'll ask wherever i want, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info