Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

You're doing a great service for the future of PoE, Turtle. Thank you for your continued care and effort :)
"
You're doing a great service for the future of PoE, Turtle. Thank you for your continued care and effort :)

Labyrinth has killed the fun creating new characters for me. So I play some other games, wish I could play PoE pre-Ascendancy again, and do the forum thing.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
wish I could play PoE pre-Ascendancy again

Good news: you can, just ignore the Lab.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Bad news: Then you can't use these awesome ascendancy points they made to make your character feel more special.

Ye turtledove... same for me. I played a lot. Now I sometimes reskill some leved chars... but don't really want to make a new one...
"
TheDeathX wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Bad news: Then you can't use these awesome ascendancy points they made to make your character feel more special.

There were not there in PoE pre-Ascendancy, which makes it out of the point here.
Now, you could say that the monsters at higher level are being buffed because of ascendancy, it would make the game pre-Ascendancy-like more difficult.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
TheDeathX wrote:

There were not there in PoE pre-Ascendancy, which makes it out of the point here.
Now, you could say that the monsters at higher level are being buffed because of ascendancy, it would make the game pre-Ascendancy-like more difficult.

This is true. Though from my point of view it's kind of like saying "You can play tennis without using your backhand, it would just make the game more difficult." While true, it is not something that I really want to do.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Then don't say you wish you could play pre ascendency again if you mean you want to play pre ascendency but with all the good stuff ascendency added.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Then don't say you wish you could play pre ascendency again if you mean you want to play pre ascendency but with all the good stuff ascendency added.

I would love to play pre-ascendancy without the ascendancy points.

edit: Nothing has been released since Ascendancy comes even close to making up for the huge step backwards taken by forcing me to play that boring, irritating, tedious, and not fun Labyrinth.
Last edited by Turtledove on Oct 15, 2016, 6:06:02 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:

Likewise. I would even prefer pre-ascendancy plus a lab without ascendancy points for those who enjoy running the lab for loot and enchants. But, as implemented, the Ascendancy Expansion was a backward step for PoE.

And suggestions that a satisfactory solution for players who dislike the lab is to play without ascendancy points (as, in fact, I do on the fairly infrequent occasions that I play at all) are completely ridiculous. I'm guessing that none of the people who make that suggestion choose to play without ascendancy points themselves.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

edit: Nothing has been released since Ascendancy comes even close to making up for the huge step backwards taken by forcing me to play that boring, irritating, tedious, and not fun Labyrinth.
So if you want to play without ascendency, what is stopping you? The fact that other people have ascendency?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info