Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Yes, and that he wouldn't mind if it was changed.

Putting words in people's mouths again.

Quote EXACTLY what he said.

You quote exactly, if you'd like. Please stop trying to order people around. What is wrong with you? I'm paraphrasing and never pretended it was a direct quote. Mark didn't make a direct quote either. Perhaps you should take a break?

actually he's right here. This time. Chris basically said that are happy with it the way it is. Face it.

"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Razis wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
What is funny is the claim that GGG haven't communicated their thoughts on the lab. Hello does no one remember the podcast?

link please I'd like to see (not challanging you or anything, just curious.) Have no idea what's their opinion.

edit/ nm I think I got it
Chris essentially says many people hate it and many people like it and they are ok with divisive content like that.

I know, and it was all so superficial it makes me sick everytime I hear it. Not any one of them had wondered "why" people actually hate it.

/edit: ...and that they actually might be right about it.
Last edited by Razis on Aug 5, 2016, 3:43:11 PM
Well if they just come and post that here as their stance now as well then alot of us can move on
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
Razis wrote:

actually he's right here. This time. Chris basically said that are happy with it the way it is. Face it.

Chris said in there that he remembers talking about it earlier. In the earlier statement that he was referring to in a previous episode, he also said there were no plans to change it but that he wouldn't mind if it was changed.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Razis wrote:

Chris said in there that he remembers talking about it earlier. In the earlier statement that he was referring to in a previous episode, he also said there were no plans to change it but that he wouldn't mind if it was changed.

And he said right after or right before that they were proud of the lab as it is.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Razis wrote:

And he said right after or right before that they were proud of the lab as it is.

Yes, it was right before, IIRC.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Hopefully wE are not heading for 500 threads about lab before they do or say something
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
Hopefully wE are not heading for 500 threads about lab before they do or say something

Oh my gosh, what a horrible thought.

Focus on 2.4, I think that's the light. Either the light at the end of the tunnel or the light of the oncoming train.
"Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way"
As a newer player(started at tail end of Perandus), I can fully understand the bevy of threads putting the Lab in a negative light.

I can safely say that the Lab is easily my absolutely least favorite thing to do, on any difficulty. It feels like a chore, and I don't tend to play games to feel like I'm working.

Whether there's some players that like it or not, whether the devs feel like "divisive content" is a good thing or not, the fact remains, many people do not enjoy feeling like a game is work, nor do they enjoy being forced to play content they dislike in order to obtain something that's so integral to their build.

For me, there was no pre-ascendancy, so I was introduced to the game under the premise that ascendancy points are just a necessary part of any build. I suspect many newer players will end up with the same impression.

It's a turn-off, and it's starting to make me wonder why I would continue to play leagues, especially when I'm essentially forcing myself to keep doing labs over and over. I feel like GGG needs to accept the fact that they're hurting their own plans to make leagues appeal to more players by leaving in poor content, and just shrugging it off as something people will deal with.

Yes, I'm aware that the numbers show that more people still play temp leagues than STD, but those numbers don't reflect how much those players are enjoying everything they have to do, nor why they are playing those temp leagues. My guess is that it's more to do with the hope of new content being interesting, or being at the front of the pack every league, than the fact that people enjoy doing lab over and over on new characters. Call me crazy, but I just don't see that being the case too often.

Devs should never get so invested in player opinion that they are slaves to it, but when you have a single mechanic that gets this much bad press, the health of your game is at risk, and you should take notice. You can't make everyone happy all the time, and you shouldn't try, but when you know you're annoying a large chunk of your playerbase, and especially new players who would probably spend money if they had a different experience, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot to ignore it as completely as seems to have been done in this case.

Just one player's opinion, take it or leave it.
Just go in way over leveled. Its really easy. Like I did normal at 75 this ladder. and cruels right after that. I'll do merc at 85 or eariler if I get some lab quest from that chick.

Bottom line it's way over tuned so you defeat that by being over tuned as well.

Don't get played, play.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info