Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

Maybe they should just treat it like trials, and only make you do it once per season, then it can still be behind Malachi as an additional requirement--so new characters still have to go through game progression instead of just starting with 6 AP, and they can keep the last 2 in Uber Lab--but it's hard to complain about only having to run it a few times if you don't really like the content, and still having access to most of what it is people actually run it for. Hint: It's not the Lab itself.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Melissa_GGG wrote:
Hey all,

It seems like the discussion is moving down a less desirable path, it appears that everyone's opinions are different from one another, and each side has shared their view points with clarity several times.

However, please refrain from targeting one another and please go back to the topic at hand in which OP has originally expressed.
The topic goes no where every single time Melissa, thats the thing. Theyre intentionally going full circle in arguing.

There isnt any progression with the argument when one side has zero intentions of changing their views or even addressing facts of the matter.

Its a trend of every single labyrinth thread.

Original Arguement > Counter Argument > Argues Original Argument > Counter Argument again > Bait reactions > Hope for anyone defending labyrinth to get probated

Its a never ending cycle which is why people in labyrinth threads actual intention is nothing more than trying to get a rise out of people to probate them. Then after that happens they just go and on and say "hah, probated, i won the argument!"

Also, i agree with what drake said, please make a separate thread for them to post in because legitimately good complaints are getting filtered out because of this labyrinth spam.

OK, I'm going to be blunt. This poor-me-I-am-such-a-victim post is hilariously ironic in light of its source. When I try to think of posters who most frequently berate others, resort to personal insults, and engage in other tactics usually considered troll-ish by the community and which generally lower the quality of the discussion in the thread, you are quite literally the second person I think of, Tin_Foil_Hat. And upon further reflection, I still can only think of one other poster who I've seen engage in this kind of behavior more than you.

On topic:

The discussion absolutely needs to continue, because if it doesn't Chris and others on the team for whom the Labyrinth is their baby (perhaps) are likely to assume the issue was just one that needed to blow over, like other issues, and that it no longer warrants so much attention.

Any suggestion that GGG doesn't care at all is quite frankly ridiculous. I have a humongous thread compiled over years since beta filled with bug reports and ideas, some of them extremely obscure, and most of which have been addressed and/or fixed by subsequent patches. You might argue that it's complete coincidence, and that I simply think similarly to their team, but you'd be giving me far too much credit (and not enough to them) to say so. Furthermore, they will even engage you in direct communication, if you ask nicely. Usually I don't, because that's why the forums exist.

GGG moderators generally stay silent for a reason. Anyone who doesn't know what that reason is, I am happy to explain it to you, but it is most assuredly deliberate and it is most assuredly not apathy.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jul 25, 2016, 7:21:02 AM
I've heard that reason, and it's a lame one. They are so afraid of coming across as ignorant/dishonest/wrong that they don't consider just being upfront instead. They may not believe that passive silence is anything but neutral, but when you're on the receiving end of it, it's mostly negative (for many people), and they don't seem to understand that. Like I said earlier, if they would just host their own in-depth posts or make dev streams, or something to actively engage with the community, this would all be a lot better for everyone involved. I used to believe GGG cared enough to do something like this, but these days it feels like they don't. Of course they care about the game, but I'm talking about their community, and there comes a point where you won't have much of a game when you don't have much of a community.

Unless they are planning a shift to offline single player...
"
It's ironic that they don't want to split the player base across several leagues (all of whom would be actively playing), but they are okay with something like this which splits the player base between people who play and people who won't.

Still not answered.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
It's ironic that they don't want to split the player base across several leagues (all of whom would be actively playing), but they are okay with something like this which splits the player base between people who play and people who won't.

Still not answered.

If people don't play, you wouldn't consider them players? And since they have enough players (like stated before their numbers have reason according to their statement) that is totally fine for them.

"
Like I said earlier, if they would just host their own in-depth posts or make dev streams, or something to actively engage with the community, this would all be a lot better for everyone involved. I used to believe GGG cared enough to do something like this, but these days it feels like they don't.

They just recently did a huge Q&A, if that isn't engagement with the community I don't really know what is.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"

Still not answered.

My guess is that it has to do with game design. Splitting up the playerbase across several leagues hurts "player interaction" and hurts players that like to be "social" in games. Splitting the playerbase in terms of the labyrinth, i have no idea why they think it's not bad. They probably try to cater to the Hardcore Mario players. They are over there though, in games like "I wanna be the boshy" etc, not PoE... Makes no sense.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jul 26, 2016, 12:21:01 PM
because its ultimately the players themselves that are willingly splitting themselves up.

can lead a horse to water but if the poor bastard wants to die of thirst then i am having horse for dinner tonight.

not every build should be able to optimally run the lab. just like not every build can do atziri, and not every build can do uber atziri.

there are specific mechanics that are favoured in all cases . you can either take the tiny amount of effort it takes to convert to said mechanics. or dont.

honestly i feel this is mostly the result of ggg failing in the past to punish people for making flawed and squishy glass cannon builds that relied too much on a few broken mechanics to work.

like build abusing high hp pools leech and vaal pact to become immortal so long as they did damage.
or es builds that just had huge hp pools... and nothing else
or builds were 100% dependent on flasks.

Those builds are all overly specialized. and the price is they are shit when they arent doing what they are good at.

If your build sucks at the lab. either make it good, or pay some one to run you. because it doesnt cost alot
there are plenty willing to do it for you and you can easily get 7 -8% passive life regen on unique items alone.

get your ascendancy. get out and never go back. that is fine . I need to stress that . your character not being good at the lab and not wanting to run the lab with that character is FINE!. That is a good thing. it gives a reason to making lab runners , just like making a atziri runner or an uber atziri runner or a low map runner . or all of those other wonderful new character/ build opportunities

Because there is no real way to make the lab good for everyone without making it completely trivial and pointless.

at which point a ton of the reason why it is so attractive to run will evaporate.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 26, 2016, 7:31:54 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
at which point a ton of the reason why it is so attractive to run will evaporate.

Isn't that like saying... air will evaporate?

:P
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

not every build should be able to optimally run the lab. just like not every build can do atziri, and not every build can do uber atziri.

there are specific mechanics that are favoured in all cases . you can either take the tiny amount of effort it takes to convert to said mechanics. or dont.

honestly i feel this is mostly the result of ggg failing in the past to punish people for making flawed and squishy glass cannon builds that relied too much on a few broken mechanics to work.

like build abusing high hp pools leech and vaal pact to become immortal so long as they did damage.
or es builds that just had huge hp pools... and nothing else
or builds were 100% dependent on flasks.

Those builds are all overly specialized. and the price is they are shit when they arent doing what they are good at.

I don't claim to be a labyrinth expert but, I've read a whole bunch. It appears to me that the labyrinth traps are much less balanced across different builds than Atziri, to use your example. There seems to be two attributes, life regen and movement speed, that can make labyrinth traps pretty easy. If a build doesn't have at least one of those two attributes then labyrinth becomes much more difficult. Of course, life regen rules in the labyrinth but I've played a character with high movement speed and the labyrinth was pretty easy. There was a post that said they played almost the same builds only one was 20% movement speed and the other was over 50% and the 50% was easy and the 20% one was significantly harder. I don't think the same is true for Atziri is it? I mean that there is more combinations of good builds with different attributes than just two that can beat Atziri. My assumption with this is that labyrinth is really poorly designed/balanced to be a good "test" or "gate" for something as universally important as ascendancy points.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Except there are safe spaces in it, did you seriously just neglect the fact that doing that room as intended has no safe spaces when you were just told how to do it properly ?

"It has no safe spaces, let me completely ignore the mechanics and complain about it!" - Literally you right now.

This is the secondary way to do it instead of stay in the safe space by following the blade sentry.

Also, no, blade sentries dont take 1 second to kill you, they take multiple seconds of you in it to kill you. The faster you move through it the less damage it does, just like the spinning spike logs.

This is Uber lab in hc today. I did Uber lab for the first time. Let's play find the safe space! Hint there isn't any, you just use quicksilver, run and pray to not die. The trap sequence ended 3 screens after this one. 10/10 would do it in hc again.

I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info