Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
sidtherat wrote:
fun stuff:

check the console trailer, check the bit when the character ascends, inspect it closely.

what can you see? because i can see an ascension altar and labyrinth involved in getting ascendancy classes

it can ofc all be changed and core mechanic turned upside down but i wouldnt hold my breath

ps. that console thing.. i just wonder how many long time supporters ceased to be ones today. it makes sense from the business perspective to drop few old time whales and fish for new plankton with 4$ stash tabs a pop.. but this kind of business tends to fail more frequently than not

You realize how much GGG has grown over the last few years?

They didn't have have a tenth of the people when they started working on the game, that they do today.
Even if half the team starts working on XBOX, which they won't by the way, it would still be loads better/faster development than it used to be in beta. Not to mention the experience they have gained over the years and the improvements to the engine that make things much easier to implement.

Also, if Chris thinks it's a good investment to go to consoles, it might turn every dollar spent on it into ten back into the PC side of things. That's how an investment works, you have to spend money to make money, and that involves risks and making different choices every now and then.

Why would anyone even consider stopping support for the game? This does and will not negatively impact the game at all. You'll see. Growth is good for all of us, especially when it's managed by a fair and transparent company like GGG.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Just went through the first few pages of this thread and I was reminded of something quite funny that still hasn't changed.

Fun Fact:
This thread is included in the list.

"
Many threads that have discussed problems with labyrinth https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702621

He won't add threads discussing Izaro or enchants but spam and threads discussing threads discussing problems with the laby are free game. lmao!

But there is no numbers padding going on here. Seems legit. xD

"
Clownkrieger wrote:

still no answers to my other questions.

Yeah, it's probably best to give up trying to engage that one. You'll just end up going in circles and make absolutely no progress in any kind of discussion.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
fair and transparent? maybe saints even?

or maybe a company just like any other that still somehow floats the saints/do no wrongs? consoles were in the works for ~2years. why reveal only now? because transparency would hurt them. PC players wouldnt have jad supported knowing console is funded. fair? mystery boxes say hi. transparent and fair? garena merge with total disregard to alt art owners/racers. transparent? selling byproducts of console.developments as 'major improvements' (dx11, melee namelock etc)? the list is pretty damn long with stuff like trade upgrades (surely all we have gotten was p2trade tabs..) races custom leagues and all the long list of promised, cashed in, forgotten features

if you believe that console market does not affect PC version (as in dumbing the game down for at least 1.5 years) i have a bridge for sale. first owner. located between NY and Jersey.

oh and let me know how are the unique founders feeling while still waiting for their items to be put into the game. im sure they feel the transparency oozing. qyite a feeling for 1k a pop.

my take on it is simple: stuff like singe target skills are crap because ggg knows full well these wont be usable with console. same.stuff with channeling skills. they make little sense on PC. but are pretty spot on on consoles. the AOEfication of the game is a necessity with how clunky controler can be with this type of game.
"
sidtherat wrote:
fair and transparent? maybe saints even?

or maybe a company just like any other that still somehow floats the saints/do no wrongs? consoles were in the works for ~2years. why reveal only now? because transparency would hurt them. PC players wouldnt have jad supported knowing console is funded. fair? mystery boxes say hi. transparent and fair? garena merge with total disregard to alt art owners/racers. transparent? selling byproducts of console.developments as 'major improvements' (dx11, melee namelock etc)? the list is pretty damn long with stuff like trade upgrades (surely all we have gotten was p2trade tabs..) races custom leagues and all the long list of promised, cashed in, forgotten features

if you believe that console market does not affect PC version (as in dumbing the game down for at least 1.5 years) i have a bridge for sale. first owner. located between NY and Jersey.

oh and let me know how are the unique founders feeling while still waiting for their items to be put into the game. im sure they feel the transparency oozing. qyite a feeling for 1k a pop.

my take on it is simple: stuff like singe target skills are crap because ggg knows full well these wont be usable with console. same.stuff with channeling skills. they make little sense on PC. but are pretty spot on on consoles. the AOEfication of the game is a necessity with how clunky controler can be with this type of game.
face it, console players would spend way more on a game than pc players, i'm surprised the game wasn't ported for both ps4 and xbone when they released

edit:
https://stari.co/articles/pc-vs-console-10-good-reasons-to-choose-a-pc
look at point #3 & #4, pc players are cheapskates :P
Last edited by KiKurASiruSaSH on Jan 19, 2017, 3:38:08 PM
"

face it, console players would spend way more on a game than pc players, i'm surprised the game wasn't ported for both ps4 and xbone when they released

edit:
https://stari.co/articles/pc-vs-console-10-good-reasons-to-choose-a-pc
look at point #3 & #4, pc players are cheapskates :P

There isn't really anything to prove that when you consider the model that GGG is using. The free to play game that comes to mind that was "relatively" recently released on consoles is star trek online and I don't know if they share information about finances or not.

In terms of getting ported to ps4, I think you are wrong. GGG would not be making this statement now about xbox 1 if they were also anywhere close to doing PS4 too, unless they are waiting for some key reason. The difference is xbox 1 is made with dx11 in mind, it is from the information I can find far easier to port to xbox 1 then it is to ps4, furthermore its far better to expand to the market with one option and see how well that works, before going full eggs in a basket sort of situation.

PC players like to save money, but they aren't opposed to spending it either, I know I've supported $1900+ on this game, you cant tell because ive disabled my supporter tags (prior to this announcement) because the version of poe we have now is not at all what I really want to play. Its far too give everyone everything, if everyone is special no one is.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
It will be interesting to see how the complaints of the lab in the console version begin to add up.
"
Xavathos wrote:

Why would anyone even consider stopping support for the game? This does and will not negatively impact the game at all. You'll see. Growth is good for all of us, especially when it's managed by a fair and transparent company like GGG.

The bolded part is wrong, that is a missconception that many have, growth is not always good.

In this case, PoE is going to be ( and has been already I guess ) suffering from Xbox gameplay limitation ( because of what you can do with the controler of course, that limites you compared to a mouse and a keyboard ).

Xbox only has 4 actions ( without flasks ), that is one element where ideally, GGG is going to want to reduce the number of action to 4, instead of what we have now, like seriously, automation ( reactive skills for examples ) has definitely been a step forward in that direction.
At some point we might even have a golem support gem to auto-resummon it so people do not need to assign a command for it lol ! ( for those who want a higher level golem out of the CwdT setup.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 19, 2017, 11:06:19 PM
"
Shovelcut wrote:

"
Clownkrieger wrote:

still no answers to my other questions.

Yeah, it's probably best to give up trying to engage that one. You'll just end up going in circles and make absolutely no progress in any kind of discussion.

My recollection is that Shovelcut said something like, "You are just pretending that labyrinth isn't a popular farming area." He then went on in a subsequent post to list a bunch of ways that GGG might have calculated the aspirant trails to further support that thought but that required that GGG's top ten list item for "Aspirant Trail" to be mislabeled.

I then made the post about people shouldn't pretend the labyrinth numbers weren't inflated. I think that other people also made posts along the lines of Shovelcut and perhaps even in support of Shovelcut's post.

Sorry Clown, I'm just not interested enough to look up the exact posts. You can do that if you want too. Your other questions were even less interesting or more confusing. (That is meant to be an inclusive "or" rather than an exclusive "or".)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jan 20, 2017, 10:43:42 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:
Sorry Clown, I'm just not interested enough to look up the exact posts. You can do that if you want too. Your other questions were even less interesting or more confusing. (That is meant to be an inclusive "or" rather than an exclusive "or".)

this has nothing to do with interest. you would simply not be able to find proof for you claim, because it was made up in a lame attempt to blame and denounce the ones that werent agreeing with you. made up like your claim ggg manipulated statistics to promote lab (you even said yourself there is no proof for either the manipulation or the intention it would have been made in). but thats your approach of dealing with other opinions and things that doesnt fit into your agenda throughout this thread.

and i can understand that my other questions are "confusing" to you. beeing confronted with the illogicality of ones own words and claims can be confusing. your "lack of interest" is again a lame excuse, because if you would answer my questions, you would have to admit that the motivation of this thread is kinda senseless, if you take your own words into account.

this thread is nothing but a populistic sharade to pretend there is a majority for something, and to demand change based on that. and dont get me wrong: maybe there IS a majority that dislikes lab. but there is no way to prove it. and like you said: even IF there would be a majority, it wouldnt change the fact that this is not a democracy and ggg doesnt tally votes to make decisions.

so just leave it be and switch back to making suggestions on how to IMPROVE lab if you dislike it that much. that would be at least a sort of constructive and useful feedback. which this thread is definetly not.

Clown
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
"
In this case, PoE is going to be ( and has been already I guess ) suffering from Xbox gameplay limitation ( because of what you can do with the controler of course, that limites you compared to a mouse and a keyboard ).

I don't really see that, because if they gave up on namelock skills there are plenty of reasons to do so without the Xbox. Just think about a few builds and how you would play them on a controller.

1. Cyclone? Pretty fun
2. Reave? Propably nice
3. Spectral Throw? Seems good
4. Essence Drain... ehm... yeah the Drain works, but Contagion
5. Shield Charge? How do you decide how far you charge... I guess you will just charge.
6. Any Totem build just imagine an ele reflect map with Flameblast Totems, you have to replace them permanently, doing that with a controller looks odd.

They have to change a lot, so I view the console version as a different game. Yes boss encounters might be designed with that in mind, skills though are definitly not, because a lot of them have to change anyway. Any Ground targeted skill is terrible if you have to move your character at the same time, you either have to do odd targeting shenanigans with multiple sticks while pressing a button. A good example is a CwC Scorching Ray build you have to rotate and select the distance and press the button for scorching ray, which is pretty annoying to do.

So I assume they can keep the graphics engine and all the assets and just have to make gameplay changes, animation is a shitton of work and not having to redo this saves a lot of work, so doing these gameplay changes is a reasonable approach.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info