[feedback] bored to death

"
Thecla wrote:

I don't want to get into a "PoE vs. D3" debate (I think both games will have their own place and hopefully I'll appreciate both of them in thier own way) but my impression of D3 is that high lvl runes will/should make skills work in a qualitatively different way from low lvl runes, which can't really be said of how skill-gems lvl up in PoE right now.

Fair points but also worth remembering that POE is far from complete. The current beta of D3 is more or less release ready (before they decided to do a bit of a rethink)

This is a true beta. You have to bear in mind that most of the skills are the low level ones so it does get repetitive using them forever, but there are skills that only drop later on. I assume that close to release there will be LOTS more or these higher level skills and suchlike. After all I dont think they expected most people to be playing toons to chaos so regularly during beta so I think they've left most of the higher level content out (to some degree)
"
RodHull wrote:
"
Thecla wrote:
but my impression of D3 is that high lvl runes will/should make skills work in a qualitatively different way from low lvl runes, which can't really be said of how skill-gems lvl up in PoE right now.

I assume that close to release there will be LOTS more or these higher level skills and suchlike.

Its announced to be completed to around 100 skills gems in total later, so thats more then double of what its now (45), and I assume that a noticable amount of the new ones will belong to the stronger kinds.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
GGG have also stated that the game will be expanded after release as well. Can only assume that would apply to skills as well.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Of course, if they (or the comm) have some good ideas for new (and implementable) skills here and then, its one possibility to add some content like they announced.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Not wanting to come across as some sycophantic fanboi but honestly for its faults I think POE is great considering its still only just beyond midway through beta. Its easily the most fun beta ive ever played (true betas not hype betas)

Yeah the end of act 2 is a little disappointing, some of the skills and monsters are a little repetitive but honestly if it was to release tomorrow as it is Im sure it would find a niche in the market even in its current form. Lets put it this way, its already better than Sacred 2, Torchlight and Titan Quest in my humble opinion.
I don't think it's better then TQ (with expansion). But, that is my 2nd all time favorite ARPG. If only the loot system in that game was random (so any item could drop from any mob) it would imo be better then D2.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Imo on a first play through it's not bad (assuming we get nice story and some mood which is important for first time players).
On consequent ones it gets and will get repetitive after like 3rd and completely boring and not fun on like 5th unless some substantial changes/upgrades will be done.

I'm gonna put some detailed feedback on that. On alpha board :P
I'm thinking about all of this for a while.
Still playing D2/TQ here... and Mario 64/FF7... so, not worried about being bored. fun game is a fun game.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info